Sign in to follow this  
Nitronik

Premium cooldown reduction is blatantly Pay-to-Win

Premium cooldown reduction is blatantly Pay-to-Win  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Premium account cooldown reduction be removed?

• Yes! Remove the advantage for Premium accounts
    • No! Keep the advantage for Premium accounts

12 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I mean, it may be a direct advantage in case of orange mod usage, but there's ammo resupply, and changing stations every like... almost 150m to 250m apart in some areas, and you can choose spawn points, meaning you can almost always spawn on one. Not to mention there's ammo in vehicles, and unbenownst to yall, yellow mods, which can also be put into vehicle trunks for ammo resupplies.

The only time it actually matters is probably in the usage of nitro.

Those saying spotter, i've never seen spotter used much, if at all and firework launcher works just as well if not better. /shrugs

The reason it hasnt been changed, is because it isn't something needing to be complained about. It's not stupid opaf ptw, and its very minor in comparison to actual gamebreaking stuff, like the yukon/jumpscout/c9 was. If they level it to be equal across the board that's fine, but it's not something i'm going to complain about.

it’s not a huge problem, but that also means it shouldn’t be that hard to fix

the main thing i dislike is that it just further buffs mods like spotter and blowtorch, both of which have/can have a huge effect on gameplay 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

it’s not a huge problem, but that also means it shouldn’t be that hard to fix

the main thing i dislike is that it just further buffs mods like spotter and blowtorch, both of which have/can have a huge effect on gameplay 

I've always wondered why blowtorch didn't have a fuel limit that would have to be resupplied

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Those saying spotter, i've never seen spotter used much, if at all and firework launcher works just as well if not better. /shrugs

You're not facing actual decent premades then. I can tell you from experience that Spotter + Ammo box consumable is the best combination of character modifications. Oh, and a team stacking this setup is even more powerful.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I've always wondered why blowtorch didn't have a fuel limit that would have to be resupplied

it does have an ammo count, but as far as i’m aware it’s impossible to run dry 

it it likely caused conflicts in the code when the devs tried to make a modification resupply, not to mention it would take forever, i think ammo starts at 1000

1 hour ago, swft said:

You're not facing actual decent premades then. I can tell you from experience that Spotter + Ammo box consumable is the best combination of character modifications. Oh, and a team stacking this setup is even more powerful.

i mean, i think today was the first time in like... a year or so i faced a group of 4 premade, and they didnt use spotter so... and the last time i saw spotter was fightclub yesterday, but not in mission districts for months

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

it does have an ammo count, but as far as i’m aware it’s impossible to run dry 

it it likely caused conflicts in the code when the devs tried to make a modification resupply, not to mention it would take forever, i think ammo starts at 1000

exactly my point

still should be resupplied like anything else maybe someday

im honestly blown away by the results of the poll above :

Whether you think it's pay to win or not or just a little advantage , it is certainly not fair to have a combat advantage that free players have no acess to.

even if it doesn't affect gameplay much it is still an unfair advantage

Edited by Ketog

I don't mind if premium users have a faster cooldown, but 50% is way too much. If they would at least put it on 25%, but yeah removing this feature would be for the best

• Like 1

I voted yes, since I believe having game-changing-advantages should NOT be a premium benefit.

P.S: Is there currently a limit of items to be listed on the marketplace at a time? LO might consider limiting the listing-potential of free-to-play players, similarly to the limit present in customization layers. I believe that is premium-attracting without affecting gameplay itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

P2W? No.

F2P players fight for as many free stuff as possible.

Companies want more income tho so they offer benefits for premium.

I think this game is fairly balanced in this aspect, and there are certain things just like this one, that you need to embrace as a f2p player. Having this cd reduction will not make you win. It just makes your life easier. 

Pay to Win's literal definition is getting an advantage simply by paying. This is the case with cooldowns. Of course Greenie mcBronzie won't win *just* because he has premium.. but give halved cooldowns to someone who has a Spotter mod and know what they're doing

Also, calling me a cheapskate won't really help you here - I've got my fair share of loyalty reward and currently have a premium subscription ticking down. Embracing Pay2Win should never be OK, not when we made fun of Innova and Hoplon for having Pay 2 Win weapons as well

• Like 1

The face when you mentioned this years ago and got laughed at, but now everyone approves it.

18 hours ago, Ketog said:

it is the only pay to win feature of apb

I disagree about this if you bring weapons into the mix, since the RFP Fang exists. However this has been said enough and also there are plenty of ways it can be fixed. It is now up to Little Orbit to fix it or continue to lose players because of this game's P2W stigma. Then again, that is beside the point of this thread. 

14 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

At least on Citadel, most teams who are actually trying to win have at least one, provided they are not playing arranged games where most rulesets ban spotters. I have seen full 3-stacks with everyone in them having a spotter. 

Spotter is not only meta, but since spotted players cannot see that they have a giant exclamation mark on their heads.Iit can cause players to believe they are fighting cheaters, which makes APB's cheating issue seem worse than it already is, especially to newer players.

Besides the above which doesn't hold true for fireworks, a firework launcher requires giving up the secondary slot, which is much more useful than having a blowtorch or ammo supplier. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

The face when you mentioned this years ago and got laughed at, but now everyone approves it.

Maybe we can change this for the better with LO around 🙂

it's only a pay to win feature because of SPOTTER. Nothing else.

REMOVE SPOTTER ASAP.

strange  theme .  what is the purpose of the vote ? the advantages of the premium are obvious . suspend premium - Yes . variant of 1.2 times per year possible . access to the OVT servers is mandatory for premium players in the time available from testing .

Edited by Yood

can we talk about the fact that there is only one assault rifle worth using?

u0058103jQ.jpg

you want everything ! immediately ! and as delicious as possible ! question ! kids developers want to eat ?

Merged.

2 hours ago, Lato said:

can we talk about the fact that there is only one assault rifle worth using?

more specifically my friend  ! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

this has come up several times over the years and there’s always a split of “yeah ur probably right” and “lol who even cares such a small issue”

how strange that this thread is basically the same

17 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Those saying spotter, i've never seen spotter used much

ye spotter sucks why would anyone use it. doesn't even deal damage..

20 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

ye spotter sucks why would anyone use it. doesn't even deal damage..

lmao

(I can't add reactions so yeah)

Hi everyone,

I should have commented on this sooner.

There is an active plan already in the works to remove the cooldown benefit from Premium. However I wanted to have a new benefit for Premium ready, so we can give Premium players something else to help create new value for their subscription.

I’ll announce the new Premium benefit soon.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

There is an active plan already in the works to remove the cooldown benefit from Premium. However I wanted to have a new benefit for Premium ready, so we can give Premium players something else to help create new value for their subscription.

Thanks,

Matt

They already have the benefit of premium customization

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Matt

Very happy to hear that. As well as seeinf that someone reads these forums 🤣

Hopefully the new benefit won't be about giving a straight up gameplay advantage in a different area.

LO has had a (mostly) good track record so far when it comes to the changes made to APB.

Edited by Nitronik

23 hours ago, Nitronik said:

No matter what your definition of Pay to Win is, the 50% reduction to Orange mod cooldowns available to Premium players is straight up Pay2win.
It is a clear cut advantage that you are unable to earn in any way that isn't purchasing a Premium subscription

This issue was brought up multiple times and seemingly swept under the rug. It would be nice to see an otherwise fair game lose its only true pay to win feature.

Wheter everyone should get 50% off cooldowns or the cooldowns should stay the same is not the point of this thread.

If these kids with 0 dollars could stop crying about everything in this game, trying to micro manage the company rather than gain meaningful employment to sustain their gaming addictions would be nice. Stop trying to nerf the world, suck it up and move on. Dont like that other players have shorter cooldown timers?  cough up 7$ and go premium you bum.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this