JackBauer

Before Anti-Cheat RIP Hackers

9 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i mean in this case "a lot" really could be just about anything, when the number of questionable bans is supposed to be something approaching zero

Obviously 1 false ban is too many, but if there were 16999 legit bans and 1 false ban I highly doubt LO would unban everyone to "increase" population. Obviously Matt Scott felt there were enough false bans to justify unbaning a significant portion of the bans.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Am I reading this wrong? Because it seems to support what I have said. 

He never said he reviewed every case.

Please tell me if I am wrong about this. 

If he had, LO would be able to unban only the questionable bans while leaving the rightful bans in place.  No? 

And as for what percent Matt Scott would consider "a lot" of false bans... we simply do not know.  

Correct?

Please tell me where I missed his explaination of what "a lot" means in the context in which he used it .

Maybe its 1%, maybe its 10%, maybe its 99%, it is simply not stated. 

How does it support what you said at all?

I think it's pretty obvious he spent time reviewing bans per his statement. It isn't possible to review every single ban nor is it needed. I would hope that reasons were given for the bans and he was able to sort through those reasons. For example, if FF flagged 1000 players for "violation x" and he deemed "violation x" to be a false flag, he has just "reviewed" 1000 accounts. If no reason was given for the bans you can point to his statement that bans were handed out inconsistently and at the discretion of the GM/CM. He felt there was enough evidence in his investigating the bans that G1's anti cheat measures lacked integrity. He said he spent weeks, not a couple of hours pursuing the list.

Why don't you have an issue when Tiggs doubled down on FairFight and said that anyone caught by it was cheating 100%. She basically said anyone who claims they were falsely banned were liars and convinced community members of that. She knew what she was saying was false. 

Again, you were shocked by his statement....I wonder why......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Obviously 1 false ban is too many, but if there were 16999 legit bans and 1 false ban I highly doubt LO would unban everyone to "increase" population. Obviously Matt Scott felt there were enough false bans to justify unbaning a significant portion of the bans.

I think it's pretty obvious he spent time reviewing bans per his statement. It isn't possible to review every single ban nor is it needed. I would hope that reasons were given for the bans and he was able to sort through those reasons. For example, if FF flagged 1000 players for "violation x" and he deemed "violation x" to be a false flag, he has just "reviewed" 1000 accounts. If no reason was given for the bans you can point to his statement that bans were handed out inconsistently and at the discretion of the GM/CM. He felt there was enough evidence in his investigating the bans that G1's anti cheat measures lacked integrity. He said he spent weeks, not a couple of hours pursuing the list.

Why don't you have an issue when Tiggs doubled down on FairFight and said that anyone caught by it was cheating 100%. She basically said anyone who claims they were falsely banned were liars and convinced community members of that. She knew what she was saying was false. 

Once a liar always liar. How about it dear lady D. 

1 minute ago, Clandestine said:

Once a liar always liar. How about it dear lady D. 

Nah, I believe in redemption and forgiveness for those who admit their mistakes and own up to them. We all have flaws. Fortunately another company was able to purchase the game and allowed us to see the truth. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Christ are we still doing this?

Look, I don't know how to dumb this down for you even more. If you want to continue this discussion DM me. I think we've hijacked this thread long enough.

22 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Christ are we still doing this?

Look, I don't know how to dumb this down for you even more. If you want to continue this discussion DM me. I think we've hijacked this thread long enough.

Okay...you can believe in FF bans and that Matt Scott unbanned people for an increase in population. At least after BE comes out your hackusations will be minimal....I hope. We'll see. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Okay...you can believe in FF bans and that Matt Scott unbanned people for an increase in population. At least after BE comes out your hackusations will be minimal....I hope. We'll see. 

QaiqL7o.gif

I am a very old member of the community, thus I have seen just about every juicy tid bit of drama. I can say without a doubt in my mind there were false bans, I witnessed them myself. I'm not going to talk about reasons why or bans at all, and if I remember correctly, the admin told us not to discuss them as well.

My honest opinion as a semi sober individual is that the amount of false bans were enough to contaminate the banning system. Tos violators should be in one list, and hackers should be in the other. But somewhere down the line those lists were mixed.

Anyways ya, probably should stop talking about bans now. Even if they unban everyone, the new system will be even tougher to crack than the last one.

Edited by Puffdragon
Fixed a typo

not everyone suspected of cheating is actually cheating. some of us simply have less lag and better computers.

some of us get accused even though we have computers made for gaming at optimal speeds.

that means hardly any lag from trouble connecting with apb or any hangs from our computers spiking.

either way a better computer still doesn't  mean much if you run into those guys on your team who kill you from behind then blame you for being in the way  for *gasp* shooting at ops.... lots of it lately

only true reason i can think of to team kill is that guy....lol

anyways back on topic : not everyone is a botter but yes some are suspiciously too good like when there's major server lag but they don't msis a single shot

• Like 1

Just installed after a couple of years. People aren't even trying to hide the cheats anymore. Just got beat down by a psychic gold player that was snapping all over the place. Uninstalled again.  

2 hours ago, Tourist said:

Just installed after a couple of years. People aren't even trying to hide the cheats anymore. Just got beat down by a psychic gold player that was snapping all over the place. Uninstalled again.  

Aloha!

(cuz it means hello AND goodbye)

I played a mission today and I actually had a good time. Lost and I'm rusty as hell after 4 years of not playing, but still surprising.

4 hours ago, Tourist said:

I didn't notice anyone in waterfront cheating are you sure it wasn't lag? there's been a lot lately so its possible what you seen wasn't what the server seen

I wonder what the false positive rate is going to be?

7 minutes ago, Rumple said:

I wonder what the false positive rate is going to be?

Depending on how many of the people who aren't smart enough to realize what BE is and come to the forums, I'm guessing "Pretty high." :^)

1 minute ago, TheAceNinja said:

Depending on how many of the people who aren't smart enough to realize what BE is and come to the forums, I'm guessing "Pretty high." :^)

Yeah, over the years people have messed with the game files so much... I wouldn't be surprised if a ton of people come crying, I just hope I am not one of em.

3 minutes ago, Rumple said:

Yeah, over the years people have messed with the game files so much... I wouldn't be surprised if a ton of people come crying, I just hope I am not one of em.

I was more referring to the people who think BE is the same as FF and think they won't get caught as long as they don't "Rage hack" but still continue to toggle on their cheats. 

Just now, TheAceNinja said:

I was more referring to the people who think BE is the same as FF and think they won't get caught as long as they don't "Rage hack" but still continue to toggle on their cheats. 

Oh. I don't consider those people. That was probably the source of the confusion.