Sign in to follow this  
Genobee

Use NTEC-7 Compact as leg. C2 variant

Relatively certain this has been suggested before

NTEC-7 Compact has been in the files forever. Doesn't seem to have any particular purpose at the moment, and people definitely want it. So. Why not use the stats it temporarily has now as a base for creating a new legendary? 

The weapon model is quite large if I'm not mistaken. Barrel may need to be shortened in order to keep it visually distinct from the N-TEC 7 and help it look the SMG part. Wonder if it couldn't have a legendary barrel modification to explain how it differs. Stating how it was shortened to function in closer-range engagements whilst still retaining slightly above average range in the role? Moving on.

The C2 no longer dips its toes into assault rifle ranges as it was once intended. Yet even so that doesn't mean that a tweaked C2 couldn't have more range at a significant cost elsewhere. The range increase could be done as a direct +5m, or through a slower RoF permitting higher accuracy for example. It could act in a similar fashion to that of the N-TEC 7 vs the N-TEC 5. With a slightly larger discrepancy between the base gun and legendary in this case of course. Reason I say that is significant range is what caused the issue to begin with. Increasing it may require an alternative method of reigning the weapon in.

• Like 1

it would certainly be interesting, but idk if having essentially improved rifling x would be all that “legendary” (then again we already have a hunting sight, multiple variations of tagger, and a straight up subpar preset reskin)

perhaps a barrel modification that allows for +10m of range (45m) in exchange for -x% rof (aiming for .7s - .75s ttk), might as well get some use out of orbits scrapped improved rifling changes

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

it would certainly be interesting, but idk if having essentially improved rifling x would be all that “legendary” (then again we already have a hunting sight, multiple variations of tagger, and a straight up subpar preset reskin)

perhaps a barrel modification that allows for +10m of range (45m) in exchange for -x% rof (aiming for .7s - .75s ttk), might as well get some use out of orbits scrapped improved rifling changes

That's what I was trying to say. Heh. I clearly did quite a poor job of explaining myself. Meanwhile you got right down to the point. Appreciated, really.

You think I'd stop trying to post at like 4am and just get some sleep. THEN post after.. buuut.. 

Edited by Genobee

The Compact was on innova/nekrova I'm pretty sure so if they do anything with it it will probably be after the nekrova merge. A legendary would be cool but I doubt they would do that tbh. 

right now the compact has VAS C2 stats so...

How about a 6shot variant of the VAS C2?  Keep it Ursus style - one less STK, slower RoF, same TTK