Tigrix

Am I the only one?

BE is "ok" but not great. The problem is not only BE but Windows. For example it took a ridiculous time for Microsoft to patch lsass which was wildly exploited.

The only thing that can't be exploited is server-side analytic tool like FairFight which I'm pretty sure ain't even running anymore...could be wrong, can't be bothered to check.

So do not expect LO to crackdown on cheaters before engine update  and huge population influx** because it'd be like shooting themselves in the foot right now in the current state.

Gotta love a system where the scum is a protected class. Can't name them, can't broadcast their name when banned because "toxicity". Like...you gotta be really naive to actually believe this is the reason they don't broadcast bans.

** I'm happy they are trying to get this game out of the mud however I don't believe it will ever work. Happy to proven wrong later this year.

Edited by Sayori

Just now, Sayori said:

BE is "ok" but not great. The problem is not only BE but Windows. For example it took a ridiculous time for Microsoft to patch lsassprogram which was wildly exploited.

The only thing that can't be exploited is server-side analytic tool like FairFight which I'm pretty sure ain't even running anymore...could be wrong, can't be bothered to check.

So do not expect LO to crackdown on cheaters before engine update  and huge population influx** because it'd be like shooting themselves in the foot right now in the current state.

Gotta love a system where the scum is a protected class. Can't name them, can't broadcast their name when banned because "toxicity". Like...you gotta be really naive to actually believe this is the reason they don't broadcast bans.

** I'm happy they are trying to get this game out of the mud however I don't believe it will ever work. Happy to proven wrong later this year.

orbit has confirmed fairfight is disabled and they aren’t going to be using it moving forward 

Lets not do that shall we?

Tho i do admit this game needs someone with active control to ban the uber blatant but that doesn't have te be Tiggs necessarily right? 

43 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Bring Tiggs back?

Hard pass. 

Eat more fiber.

2 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Yeah, i'm sorry, I don't believe that they're legit 🙂 I repeat again what you said, that there's a lot of very good players in this game.
Indeed there is and one person can't become an unkillable terminator in a 20v20 map and survive all the other half-decent (and some good players and extreme skillers), in order to repeatedly perform at that crazy level of killing 50-70 players while only himself dying 1-3 times, sorry, your mates are not legit.

I have never seen any player get 50-70 kills with only 1-3 deaths tbh and played quite a bit 🙂
Also it is very possible to get 50+ kills in fightclub without going above 16-ish deaths without cheating.

8 minutes ago, Jewer said:

I have never seen any player get 50-70 kills with only 1-3 deaths tbh and played quite a bit 🙂
Also it is very possible to get 50+ kills in fightclub without going above 16-ish deaths without cheating.

You've not played much then.. its very often a thing in FC, when a blatant cheater is there.

I would post screenies, but sadly the mods remove them, as you see in the original post 😕

Also, i said 1-5 deaths, not 16 lol, there's a big difference.
You're not inhuman and able to see through the walls to always avoid everyone while you're regen'ing back health from the many kills you're doing .. aka the many fights you're obviously having to be engaged in for you to reach those 50 kill games 😉 That ability is only for those who see everything and know where every enemy is spawning, rushing and camping - hence they rarely die. ^^

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 2

Well, the last time I returned to play I had this non-enjoyable experience where I just said "so you cheat" once, just once! To someone I was talking with in /d chat and instead of getting assistance from someone who should be there to assist the players this person contacted me to tell me that I should avoid "naming & shaming", basically discouraging me from staying in the game, making me regret it and dropping APB again because of this.

...besides this, it always comes to my attention the large amount of people who post stuff about cheaters against the very few, if not always the same very few ones that are fervently against "hackusations"...back in my days of multiplayer gaming, getting accusations of cheating was a praise, and admins presence in game was a factor of balancing and harmony between players and their behaviors.

For the note, back in 2003/2005 I lasted myself more than 2 years in a community of ~350/400 players while cheating without getting caught, being active on their forums, helping to catch other cheaters by reporting them and actively interacting with the game admins on this game I used to play, it was also a 3rd person shooter....so, the "blatant" thingy is not the problem but the ones who hurt this game imo are those who, like I did, are closet-cheating since years by just tapping smooth aimbot a few times to ensure some kills and using wallhacks while just playing normally and avoiding the top scores on a given mission to pretend they are "normal experienced players". So I know what I'm talking about.

Last but not least, I keep my trust on LO as I used to do with G1 too and, even if I believe they are not doing enough or if I'm so paranoid to think they let some players get away with their cheats, there's nothing you can do but relying on their actions and decisions regarding this. So I know is redundant at this point but just use the /report function and move on, if you don't like the state of the game, play something else...is their rules, not ours.

Regards.

Edited by Salvick
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigrix said:

You've not played much then.. its very often a thing in FC, when a blatant cheater is there.

I would post screenies, but sadly the mods remove them 😕

Also, i said 1-5 deaths, not 16 lol, there's a big difference.
You're not inhuman and able to see through the walls to always avoid everyone while you're regen'ing back health from the many kills you're doing .. aka the many fights you're obviously having to be engaged in for you to reach those 50 kill games 😉 That ability is only for those who see everything and know where every enemy is spawning, rushing and camping ^^

Dont get me wrong i agree with you that there are many "amazing" people in fightclub, but you cant really judge someone by their score.

43 minutes ago, Jewer said:

Dont get me wrong i agree with you that there are many "amazing" people in fightclub, but you cant really judge someone by their score.

Say hello to FairFight.... an anti-cheat, that judges by scores. ( statistical detection )
(Yes it's far more complicated than so, but essentially, its a calculation to determine if what you're doing is humanly possible or not, in terms of SPM/AS/RS etc)

And sorry, but doing consistent scores like those I posted, is not humanly possible without the aid of outside programs, so yes, I definitely can judge by a players consistent K/D score.
(Again, sadly my screenies get removed, but.. it's not like they're hiding it... even in this pic i posted today, the guy named his clan "banned" and his profile picture.. lel, they're trolling, cuz they know LO won't ban anyone, without BE detecting them and that won't happen, since they've paid for a BE bypass....)

Hence the need for LO to step in and do manual work, instead of sitting on the palm of their hands and saying "sry, just do /report".

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 1

Removed quoted Name and Shame. ~@mayii
Duuuuuuuuuuudeeeeeeeeee.............. I won't say nothing ..... *high five*

careful though, there's no freedom of the oppressed here 😞 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigrix said:

Duuuuuuuuuuudeeeeeeeeee.............. I won't say nothing ..... *high five*

careful though, there's no freedom of the oppressed here 😞 

sadly true.

Name and Shame on the forum would never be a good idea, i'm sure it would always get out of control. Players would start adding names of players that are legit, just really good. In the end the forum would become like FFBans has been. As far as i see there aren't really that many cheaters in the game, but the problem is even tho they are so obviously cheating they are not getting ban. Clearly they are bypassing BE, the company should really look into this and do something about it

• Like 1

awe I remember the good ole days. When jotun would sit in social and call out the names of those whom either HE banned or where banned that day. He would sit on a light pole that you couldn't get to..

To get a little sentimental if there is one thing I miss the most, it would have to be my old friends I got to talk and play with on here. I like to jump in here from time to time and see whats going on even though I honestly have no intention of ever playing again. For me it was the company I kept that made the game what it was. I wish I could find it there is an old clip of me and my brother playing against ouchiemaker, at that time I was still new....

I know exactly what you mean, and espacially in Fight Club I see so many cheaters ,unreallistic scores like 50-70 kills 4-5 deaths ,I dont know what GMs are doing the hole time ,but I dont think they care about bannig cheaters ,otherwise they would ban players every day ,but they dont , really sad.

I ve got G1 credits ,not much ,like a bit more than 2000 G1 credits ,but what should I buy myself , the weapons are useless , cheaters destroying LO's product day by day, tbh which weapon could help against a cheater ??? LO please do something,help us play APB without cheaters or at least ban them as soon as possible.

Edited by Atomkraftwerk

I've had to remove several posts in this thread due to people stooping to insults. If you have a problem with another user, please use the ignore function to hide their posts from view.

-Spuzva

• Like 1

rip, thread gutted

I don't miss G1, they did nothing for the game but milking it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2019 at 2:36 PM, Tigrix said:

I miss Tiggs (and this comes from someone who got screwed by her ego in a financial matter)

We really need some manual bans.

There are multiple blatant cheaters and cheater-clans just fucking around because they bought a BE-bypass and they know that there are nobody like Tiggs around anymore to manually ban them.
They know that LO refuses to step in, regardless how obvious a player is cheating. They run around even as 255'er and just make a mockery of APB and Little Orbit. 

And when we post them, then it's quickly covered behind "name and shame" and said "just contact support" - who in turn does nothing, but auto-reply.

How about, if a player goes 50-3 one round and next round 70-4 in a 20v20 spawn-everywhere game mode, you stop hiding them behind rules of "name and shame" and take action manually instead of letting a 50$ BE-Bypass make a mockery of your game? How about you let people post blatant names and deal with them instead of just hiding/removing the posts? Hell, make a sub-forum purely for posting suspicious content and give a paid employee a salary to actually go through it on a daily basis and at least remove the most blatant ones from what your community brings up?

Removed Name and Shame. ~@mayii

ps. had to add this for context=PP 

Reveal hidden contents

Seems I triggered someone  😉 

Topic had like a total of 20 reactions in the space of 16 hours, then suddenly, in the space of 3 minutes, topic/posts within the thread gets 8 downvotes=PP

Thx for the attention, but dude, you really need something useful to do with your time=p

had to share this lmao ;DD

Gcktels.png

She blatantly abused her power whenever her feelings got hurt. I hope to god you're the only one who misses her and wants her back. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 1:36 PM, Tigrix said:

I miss Tiggs (and this comes from someone who got screwed by her ego in a financial matter)

hahahah Diane was a giant fuzzy bunny and deserved to be fired and blacklisted from all online gaming companies since.

GG no re.

• Like 1

As a chronic ex cheater, lemme just say that BE works very well.. 

For one, there's no paid sites out there for apb anymore. That cuts down a huge amount of the cheaters.

The only cheats left are private ones, and yeah it's definitely possible for a talented coder to create a private cheat. If done right, you can go a while without being banned.

but not only is it hard to get ahold of, it's still going to get you banned eventually.

I used a completely private cheat and got banned almost instantly due to BE catching the bypass.

A majority of people being accused for cheating probably aren't. It's really not that easy to do anymore since you can't go buy any sub off of a bunch of sites.

There's always going to be talented coders using or selling cheats in any game, but BattlEye has definitely been a success and despite having a grimy past, I'm happy it was added to the game. It really cleaned it up. I'm enjoying playing legit, knowing most of my opposition is well.

Apb used to be plagued with cheaters, so I get that its hard to drop the mentality that everyone cheats.. but they really don't. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onionopinions said:

For one, there's no paid sites out there for apb anymore. That cuts down a huge amount of the cheaters.

The only cheats left are private ones, and yeah it's definitely possible for a talented coder to create a private cheat. If done right, you can go a while without being banned.

but not only is it hard to get ahold of, it's still going to get you banned eventually.

I used a completely private cheat and got banned almost instantly due to BE catching the bypass.

A majority of people being accused for cheating probably aren't. It's really not that easy to do anymore since you can't go buy any sub off of a bunch of sites.

There's always going to be talented coders using or selling cheats in any game, but BattlEye has definitely been a success and despite having a grimy past, I'm happy it was added to the game. It really cleaned it up. I'm enjoying playing legit, knowing most of my opposition is well.

Apb used to be plagued with cheaters, so I get that its hard to drop the mentality that everyone cheats.. but they really don't. 

Thank you for posting this.

16 hours ago, onionopinions said:

What are you talking about... a simple google search completely dis-proves what you're posting. There are lots of paid cheats that bypass BE, has auto-hide on streaming and on recording.
Yes BE is a decent anti-cheat, for sure and it definitely catches all the FREE stuff that used to be available for APB, which no longer exist, because it doesn't work with BE.
But paid/premium cheats still exists in abundance and it's not like it's hard to search up the topics on them or google the sites.

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Thank you for posting this.

Why just why lol ... like you live in a bubble. Maybe you don't play citadel.
We have tons of people advertising in chat, obvious hacker clans blatantly cheating infront of people to advertise their paid BE bypassing cheats.

"Ty for posting this" makes it sound like you actually didn't login Citadel, like ever.
Or stuck your head in the ground and found the one post you like, while you're ignoring all the posts with screenies and/or even advertisement/streaming from certain clans that we're not allowed to name, because then the post gets removed for "shaming".

Edited by Tigrix

citadel is full of cheaters and the majority of them are eastern euros who got banned in the last BE ban wave and then unbanned by LO a few days later. 🙃

27 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

What are you talking about... a simple google search completely dis-proves what you're posting. There are lots of paid cheats that bypass BE, has auto-hide on streaming and on recording.
Yes BE is a decent anti-cheat, for sure and it definitely catches all the FREE stuff that used to be available for APB, which no longer exist, because it doesn't work with BE.
But paid/premium cheats still exists in abundance and it's not like it's hard to search up the topics on them or google the sites.

Why just why lol ... like you live in a bubble. Maybe you don't play citadel.
We have tons of people advertising in chat, obvious hacker clans blatantly cheating infront of people to advertise their paid BE bypassing cheats.

"Ty for posting this" makes it sound like you actually didn't login Citadel, like ever.
Or stuck your head in the ground and found the one post you like, while you're ignoring all the posts with screenies and/or even advertisement/streaming from certain clans that we're not allowed to name, because then the post gets removed for "shaming".

Even if what you say is true, why do you want to bring someone back who abused their power and banned people who weren't even cheating? I'd much rather have cheaters roaming around in district rather than lose my account because Mama Tiggs didn't like me. No anti cheat is going to stop 100% of cheaters. I'll take the "ineffective" BattlEye over a corrupt GM any day of the week.  

• Like 1