Tigrix

Am I the only one?

I miss Tiggs (and this comes from someone who got screwed by her ego in a financial matter)

We really need some manual bans.

There are multiple blatant cheaters and cheater-clans just fucking around because they bought a BE-bypass and they know that there are nobody like Tiggs around anymore to manually ban them.
They know that LO refuses to step in, regardless how obvious a player is cheating. They run around even as 255'er and just make a mockery of APB and Little Orbit. 

And when we post them, then it's quickly covered behind "name and shame" and said "just contact support" - who in turn does nothing, but auto-reply.

How about, if a player goes 50-3 one round and next round 70-4 in a 20v20 spawn-everywhere game mode, you stop hiding them behind rules of "name and shame" and take action manually instead of letting a 50$ BE-Bypass make a mockery of your game? How about you let people post blatant names and deal with them instead of just hiding/removing the posts? Hell, make a sub-forum purely for posting suspicious content and give a paid employee a salary to actually go through it on a daily basis and at least remove the most blatant ones from what your community brings up?

Removed Name and Shame. ~@mayii

ps. had to add this for context=PP 

Seems I triggered someone  😉 

Topic had like a total of 20 reactions in the space of 16 hours, then suddenly, in the space of 3 minutes, topic/posts within the thread gets 8 downvotes=PP

Thx for the attention, but dude, you really need something useful to do with your time=p

had to share this lmao ;DD

Gcktels.png

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Name and shame is there so the community does not witch hunt innocent players. No matter how blatant someone may seem you do not 100% know if they are cheating or not.

In my opinion it is far worse to see an innocent player be shamed in to the ground than having a cheater or two not be shown.

(No this is not me protecting cheaters. This is me stating why the name and shame rule is there.)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

that's a 12 K/d, i've done better and i'm not even that good, i'm maybe a high tier gold on a good day. not even close to top tier.

78e9cMj.png

these weren't silvers killfeeding either

i really don't think a 12 K/d constitutes a public cheating accusation.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Name and shame is there so the community does not witch hunt innocent players. No matter how blatant someone may seem you do not 100% know if they are cheating or not.

In my opinion it is far worse to see an innocent player be shamed in to the ground than having a cheater or two not be shown.

(No this is not me protecting cheaters. This is me stating why the name and shame rule is there.)

Then it's easy to dodge that so called name and shame rule, by simply not stating anywhere anything about "cheating", but simply posting the screenshot/video and letting people themselves make up their own minds what they think of it 😉

Also, further... witch-hunt? honestly cmon.. it's such a lame excuse that cheaters have used for years to avoid exposure 🙂 
In a witch hunt, the witch ends up burnt on the fire. Translated to modern terms....
In a RL situation, shaming an innocent person means they get fired from work possible/lose career/wife/whatever .....or even get jailed, innocently.

In a game however, what exactly are you scared of? If people see your clip/and or screenies of the stats you continuously pump out, and they believe you're a blatant cheater, then so what?
If you are innocent, then what? you won't get banned or burnt on a fire or put in jail.. you won't lose your career/job.

Obviously cheaters adore this policy, as exposure isn't what they want, unless they're literally going film-no-life style doing it for broadcasts.

• Like 5

why are you acting like g1 didn’t have a strict forum policy against name and shame? 

they wouldnt even even allow the “name and shame” of people who had been banned by fairfight 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

that's a 12 K/d, i've done better and i'm not even that good, i'm maybe a high tier gold on a good day. not even close to top tier.

78e9cMj.png

these weren't silvers killfeeding either

i really don't think a 12 K/d constitutes a public cheating accusation.

There's a huge difference of getting a bit lucky and getting 20 kills in a row w/o dying or only dying 1-2 times and then doing double/triple that amount, 50-60-70.

There's a huge difference of getting said-stats in one extremely lucky round versus doing those rounds over and over. 😉

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 4

Just now, Tigrix said:

There's a huge difference of getting 20 kills in a row and doing double/triple that amount.
There's a huge difference of getting said-stats in one extremely lucky round versus doing those rounds over and over.

obviously you didn't get my point, i'm not perfect by any means yet i can do that well.

and no, it's not extremely lucky one round. skill is not luck. i legitimately did well that instance, and i know there's people a LOT better than me.

what do you think someone who's actually got top-tier amazing aim will be able to do, if a high tier gold like me can do that? especially with a whisper on a CQC map. it'll look like your screenshot every match if you're playing against someone like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TacticallyRed said:

What if a player is good enough to get consistency with their stats that are considered good?

Cmon 🙂

I can post lots of blatant cheater screenies going 50-1 or 70-4 etc etc, and if you believe a player can consistently do those stats legitly, then idk what to tell you but we'll both be wasting our time then on further debate.

Now, lets see... if its naming and shaming to post evidence screenies/videos where you call someone out as a cheater ... then i suppose it's not name and shame, if we post it all and don't call anyone a cheater but simply let people make up their own minds, right @LO ? 🙂  

• Like 1

Just now, Tigrix said:

Cmon 🙂

I can post lots of blatant cheater screenies going 50-1 or 70-4 etc etc, and if you believe a player can consistently do those stats legitly, then idk what to tell you but we'll both be wasting our time then on further debate.

Now, lets see... if its naming and shaming to post evidence screenies/videos where you call someone out as a cheater ... then i suppose it's not name and shame, if we post it all and don't call anyone a cheater but simply let people make up their own minds, right @LO ? 🙂  

If you have evidence then send it to support lmao.

Even if it doesn’t happen right away and takes months(which is stupid.) still send whatever evidence you have to support.

If you aren’t doing that at least and only making posts on the forums then you can’t really complain about cheaters not getting banned.

1 minute ago, SLICKIEM said:

obviously you didn't get my point, i'm not perfect by any means yet i can do that well.

and no, it's not extremely lucky one round. skill is not luck. i legitimately did well that instance, and i know there's people a LOT better than me.

what do you think someone who's actually got top-tier amazing aim will be able to do, if a high tier gold like me can do that? especially with a whisper on a CQC map. it'll look like your screenshot every match if you're playing against someone like that.

No it won't 🙂
And no, you won't convince me that a player does 50-1 or 70-x scores repeatedly and consistently. Your own argument is the point! There are a lot of GOOD players, hell half the community still playing, are veterans and among them there are definitely also "super skillers" and that's also why ONE player can't legitimately do those 50-1 or 70-5 scores repeatedly and consistently, without the assistance of an outside program, aka peeking through walls and smooth-aiming.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

In a game however, what exactly are you scared of? If people see your clip/and or screenies of the stats you continuously pump out, and they believe you're a blatant cheater, then so what?
If you are innocent, then what? you won't get banned or burnt on a fire or put in jail.. you won't lose your career/job.

are you purposely being obtuse?

there’s a pretty wide spectrum between “innocent” and “burned alive” - how about getting kicked from a clan or losing some online friends?

or if this game ever gets back on its feet, how about not being allowed to join a new clan down the road because some rando uploaded a slowmo video of you doing some suspicious play?

look at how many dweebs still think wasp/sov/mbah/etc are cheat clans

14 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

The name and shame rule is in place, among other reasons, to avoid a culture of shaming innocent players.

While instances of "blatant" cheaters occur, there are just as many false accusations.

Utilize the in-game /report functionality and the support system to deal with reports. The support team are much more equipped to investigate and identify true instances of cheating.

Name and shame in-game and on the forums will not be tolerated, regardless of how you may try to mask it.

• Thanks 2

One of the reasons name and shame isn't allowed, and this isn't often discussed, is the fact that it's redundant. These players have already been reported. Both in game and through the support portal.

Little orbit already has their names, already has everything they need in order to ban. 

Posting their names to the forums adds nothing to that. 

The only thing that can make a difference is a change in the approach and handling of the problem by LO itself.

And that, unfortunately, is out of our hands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Flight said:

Name and shame is in place, among other reasons, to avoid a culture of shaming innocent players.

While instances of "blatant" cheaters occur, there are just as many false accusations.

Utilize the in-game /report functionality and the support system to deal with reports. The support team are much more equipped to investigate and identify true instances of cheating.

Name and shame in-game and on the forums will not be tolerated, regardless of how you may try to mask it.

So, if I post screeny of 70-4 scoreboard, without adding any accusations what so ever, then it's considered naming and shaming, because you personally deem it so?

Just trying to understand these forum rules and if naming and shaming, is anything that involve posting screenshots and/or videos of gameplay...
Because honestly, that is what you're implying. Else, where do you set the border to when something is a so called "masked naming and shaming" versus just game-play footage?
Is that something LO ask it's moderators to judge on an individual basis, or are you reading the rule wrongly?

We have a creatives sub-forum right? 

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 1

Just now, Tigrix said:

No it won't 🙂
And no, you won't convince me that a player does 50-1 or 70-x scores repeatedly and consistently. Your own argument is the point! There are a lot of GOOD players, hell half the community still playing, are veterans and among them there are definitely also "super skillers" and that's also why ONE player can't legitimately do those 50-1 or 70-5 scores repeatedly and consistently, without the assistance of an outside program, aka peeking through walls and smooth-aiming.

i can name off legit players i've personally seen go over 50, sometimes 70 kills per match consistently. (more than 3 in a row, sometimes even more than 5)

i also have a few screenshots of this, which you also most likely instead have in your "Evidence" folder.

1 minute ago, SLICKIEM said:

i can name off legit players i've personally seen go over 50, sometimes 70 kills per match consistently. (more than 3 in a row, sometimes even more than 5)

i also have a few screenshots of this, which you also most likely instead have in your "Evidence" folder.

Yeah, i'm sorry, I don't believe that they're legit 🙂 I repeat again what you said, that there's a lot of very good players in this game.
Indeed there is and one person can't become an unkillable terminator in a 20v20 map and survive all the other half-decent (and some good players and extreme skillers), in order to repeatedly perform at that crazy level of killing 50-70 players while only himself dying 1-3 times, sorry, your mates are not legit.

1 minute ago, Tigrix said:

sorry, your mates are not legit.

i don't personally know any of the people i'm mentioning. if you want i'll list just a few of them and probably others will vouch for them as well.

but hey, it's not a crime to be wrong. do whatever you want man

Just now, SLICKIEM said:

i don't personally know any of the people i'm mentioning. if you want i'll list just a few of them and probably others will vouch for them as well.

but hey, it's not a crime to be wrong. do whatever you want man

Well, i'd love to see those screenshots of such scores as I posted 🙂 
but... apparently, you can't post them... since this moderator above, said that they can "deem" your info as being a masked naming and shaming, even if you do not add any accusations to your posted information ...

Anyway, I doubt we'd agree regardless what names you posted, cause' as I said - imo, with the amount of good players and "high tier skillers", it's unreasonable to believe that 1 player can roam a 20v20 map and count up 50-70+ kills while never himself dying or "rarely" aka, 1-5 deaths. There are simply too many other good players and even if he was god himself, he still gets tagged like everyone else fighting, unless you're saying he eliminated those 70 via ninja-tricks.

I doubt we'd agree

you're right, well, unless you are on Citadel. my knowledge is only contained within Jericho. so if you play Citadel i can't offer any opinion on that

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

I miss Tiggs (and this comes from someone who got screwed by her ego in a financial matter)

We really need some manual bans.

There are multiple blatant cheaters and cheater-clans just fucking around because they bought a BE-bypass and they know that there are nobody like Tiggs around anymore to manually ban them.
They know that LO refuses to step in, regardless how obvious a player is cheating. They run around even as 255'er and just make a mockery of APB and Little Orbit. 

And when we post them, then it's quickly covered behind "name and shame" and said "just contact support" - who in turn does nothing, but auto-reply.

How about, if a player goes 50-3 one round and next round 70-4 in a 20v20 spawn-everywhere game mode, you stop hiding them behind rules of "name and shame" and take action manually instead of letting a 50$ BE-Bypass make a mockery of your game? How about you let people post blatant names and deal with them instead of just hiding/removing the posts? Hell, make a sub-forum purely for posting suspicious content and give a paid employee a salary to actually go through it on a daily basis and at least remove the most blatant ones from what your community brings up?

Removed Name and Shame. ~@mayii

We don't need to publicly announce who we think is cheating, especially on the forums without any evidence at all. If someone is a closet hacker, and you flood forums and district chat with "waaah, ban this person, their K/D is too good to be true" you're just giving them the ego boost that they cheat for in the first place. Closet hackers are creatures who leech off the approval/rage/jealousy of other players, who can't risk losing and tainting their image by losing matches to players who they and their friends consider "trash," and get excited when morons name and shame them.

It isnt productive, you wont gain anything from making the post, and the person you're accusing will just feel better about themselves (especially because most people who name and shame are wrong and much rather blame their lack of skill and laziness as a player, on someone who can severely outplay them and/or the anticheat.)

Edited by claude

Just now, SLICKIEM said:

you're right, well, unless you are on Citadel. my knowledge is only contained within Jericho. so if you play Citadel i can't offer any opinion on that

I didn't even think Jericho was still a thing (not to be rude). i'm on Citadel.

i'm on Citadel.

i haven't played a single hour on Citadel, so i have nothing for it. my bad

my posts were meant for the context of Jericho, so maybe that's cleared up a bit for you

3 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

i haven't played a single hour on Citadel, so i have nothing for it. my bad

my posts were meant for the context of Jericho, so maybe that's cleared up a bit for you

ah right okay, np 

1 minute ago, Microtea said:

Yeah, bring back Tiggs!

Or just anyone willing to get their hands dirty with some manual labor.

We badly need someone who manually deals with problems and doesn't sit around and say "oh sry, we can't intervene... the system hasn't caught them."

But bruh, he's speedhacking faster than my nitro'ed vegas, do I really have to record, send email and video.. and then wait a month and get a half'arsed reply?
This other dude just took a big dump on entire fightclub, 3 hours straight with 70+/1-5 scores...... but we have to suffer him for weeks because he paid for a BE bypass? Zzz

That's why I miss Tiggs... I don't in particuler miss "tiggs" as a person, since I had a bad time dealing with her ego, but i miss the job she did.