On 3/4/2019 at 7:21 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

So reworking half the underpowered weapons to be more competitive was a bad idea?

Except that that "top" 1% of players would be the ultra competitive tryhard players who tend to abuse every glitch, animation glitch, and location exploit. I mean, let's be honest here. That "top" 10-15 people would likely be the same ones who go "oh the qs hvr is okay, that jump scout is perfectly balanced, and 2 hit csg from a corner at 15m is balanced, star is okay in the trashbin, don't touch my ntec but please nerf percs". Really, i'll be honest, going through a "top group" of players, would be an extremely bad idea, because their sense of balance is "if it's easy and I can abuse it for wins in some way, its balanced because other people can too!" 

Going through a number of different veteran players (who need not be top tier), to get a good idea of what to change would be a better idea. From Kemp and Kewlin, to some of the vet SPCT members. (I only said kemp/kewl because i've seen their names in balance discussions before and remember them, i know there are others)

What? 

I don't know any top players that abuse every glitch and exploit. Why would top players even bother with that 99% of the time when they demolish any team they face? Also, because they DO know every glitch and exploit, they would be able to inform LO of ones that are important and need to be fixed SOON. Also, most top players are actually incredibly vocal about shitty tactics and OP weapons. The problem is you never hear anything from them, because they hate the cesspool that is the forums and hate interacting with the community because they're seen as 'toxic tryhards who abuse everything and want OP weapons to stay'. Maybe if you changed your mentality about them, you'd actually start to see true opinions from top players that matter. Almost every top player I know thinks QS HVR was broken as fuck, and still think QS HVR is broken/HVR is broken. Most think that jump scout is not balanced, just fun. They think scout is balanced as is, and is the preferred sniper to use in fair matches. Most would say shotguns are broken currently. Most would say star could use a slight buff, but its decent rn. And most (besides me) would say ntec needs a nerf, or at least that its overused. But they want a slight nerf.

Veteran =/= good nor good for balancing. I could find a silver player whos played since RTW, doesn't mean they know how to balance. Players who understand every aspect of the game, and know how to use everything to its best capabilities, AND abuse the game, should be the ones talking to LO. The people who can push everything to the limit. 

Also, the rework for the underpowered weapons hasn't gone as well as people would think. High skill matches still hardly use the weapons that were changed because they're still not useful enough. The only two guns i've seen used more is Alig and NFAS for some reason. Personally, I think this issue is that there are too many niche guns, and running out of niches to fill means some guns are just not ever going to be useful enough. As sad as that is, some guns will just never be fully used, ever.

The mentalities of 'All top players are shitty exploiter tryhards who shouldnt have any input cuz theyre sweaty and abuse everything' and 'every gun should be viable cuz that makes sense' really are just hurting the game, and need to die soon. Almost all top good players barely try, hardly even break a sweat against 90% of players. They barely exploit, and most of the time (at least with my group) if we see a teammate using shitty tactics, we point it out and go 'wtf man'. Also, every gun is just not going to be viable. It's not happening, and trying really hard to do that is just going to make balancing a fucking mess.

But then again, as im finishing writing this, I realize there's probably no point in making such a post, as the response will just be 'shut up sweaty tryhard get back in your pioneer lmfao' from the average gamer on the forums.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2019 at 9:49 PM, Fur said:

What? 

I don't know any top players that abuse every glitch and exploit. Why would top players even bother with that 99% of the time when they demolish any team they face? Also, because they DO know every glitch and exploit, they would be able to inform LO of ones that are important and need to be fixed SOON. Also, most top players are actually incredibly vocal about shitty tactics and OP weapons. The problem is you never hear anything from them, because they hate the cesspool that is the forums and hate interacting with the community because they're seen as 'toxic tryhards who abuse everything and want OP weapons to stay'. Maybe if you changed your mentality about them, you'd actually start to see true opinions from top players that matter. Almost every top player I know thinks QS HVR was broken as fuck, and still think QS HVR is broken/HVR is broken. Most think that jump scout is not balanced, just fun. They think scout is balanced as is, and is the preferred sniper to use in fair matches. Most would say shotguns are broken currently. Most would say star could use a slight buff, but its decent rn. And most (besides me) would say ntec needs a nerf, or at least that its overused. But they want a slight nerf.

Veteran =/= good nor good for balancing. I could find a silver player whos played since RTW, doesn't mean they know how to balance. Players who understand every aspect of the game, and know how to use everything to its best capabilities, AND abuse the game, should be the ones talking to LO. The people who can push everything to the limit. 

Also, the rework for the underpowered weapons hasn't gone as well as people would think. High skill matches still hardly use the weapons that were changed because they're still not useful enough. The only two guns i've seen used more is Alig and NFAS for some reason. Personally, I think this issue is that there are too many niche guns, and running out of niches to fill means some guns are just not ever going to be useful enough. As sad as that is, some guns will just never be fully used, ever.

The mentalities of 'All top players are shitty exploiter tryhards who shouldnt have any input cuz theyre sweaty and abuse everything' and 'every gun should be viable cuz that makes sense' really are just hurting the game, and need to die soon. Almost all top good players barely try, hardly even break a sweat against 90% of players. They barely exploit, and most of the time (at least with my group) if we see a teammate using shitty tactics, we point it out and go 'wtf man'. Also, every gun is just not going to be viable. It's not happening, and trying really hard to do that is just going to make balancing a fucking mess.

But then again, as im finishing writing this, I realize there's probably no point in making such a post, as the response will just be 'shut up sweaty tryhard get back in your pioneer lmfao' from the average gamer on the forums.

The ones i know think those glitches and exploits are perfectly acceptable and don't want them fixed, and/or constantly abuse them. But then again, we probably have completely different views on "whos the top 1%" as you said, and what constitutes exploiting tactics. If you could find those who know how to abuse the stuff, and want them fixed, great, but like I said, most of the ones i knew/know, thought qsing was fine, jump shooting was balanced, and other exploits are free game and openly said that such things shouldn't be changed because it would cause gameplay to feel crappy. (I solo que, and only have problems facing like... 10-15 players so, and they are generally the ones that acted like that :X)

NFAS is rather strong now, and alig has always been around but meh. Every gun has a niche in APB, the problem is that they made the guns function "differently", without making them effective. Look at the Odin series, great cqc weapons, but far too long of a ttk, which is also a problem for that harbinger set smg (imo). Cobra (dunno if it got buffed the last set of balance patches, severely needed its ttk to be .7/.75 and its bloom reduced.) The base standard for cqc weapons ttk's is ~.7 (aside from nfas), but they made a lot of cqc weapons that function as semi midrange, with even higher ttks than that .78-.8, yet every midrange gun also has a ~ ttk of .7-75 so they can't compete very well if at all(especially when you look at differences in recovery and bloom).

Not every gun is going to be viable, that's fine, but you can still get them to be a decent pick rather than an absolute gimp especially when spending 10-25 bucks for one. The problem is that after c-2, atac and the ptw stuff, all the other weapons they made ended up being drastically underpowered.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 3/6/2019 at 8:49 PM, Fur said:

What? 

Second time trying to comment, I guess the mods decided "^this^" wasn't good enough, so i would like to instead formally give my approval to everything Fur has stated.

People still ranting about this seriously guys and writing essays and paragraphs ? Well I replied to this topic earlier seems no one cares read it and understand. I may not be having big reputations or be a forum warrior like you guys. I keep to myself most of the times, I don't have time for that - see my joined date 2013 only 500 post. I have been here long enough and saw what this game went through.

Anyhow Some things op mentioned are true maybe it was called for attention I just find it came across insulting to the company a more polite thread could have been understandable. But LO has just taken the decision to bring this game back from the dead and into the future. People want RTW versions back in 2019? Are you even serious? The graphics looks like an 80's game and the bloom oh hell no put some oil on your screen and you should achieve it😄.

On a serious note though the unreal engine 3.5 has its own unique graphics/ bloom that is comparable to today's time not to mention the optimizations/ performance. The bullet tracers were somewhat cool? The updated ones even better. As for the weapon balancing that will take time and I do hope LO gets it right this time. Complains about  certain weapons, its what we have to work with so probably learn it or use another gun. But give the company time to make these changes do positive feed backs. Have some patience yo play something else don't express your hate towards the new company at least not yet.

too much time on hands -complains about essays and paragraphs  look what i just did🤦‍♂️

Edited by RUN1

On 3/2/2019 at 2:52 AM, Emcitement said:

everything that was said.

Ya know, after posting this post summed up into tiny ones and the community still downvoting the shit out of it, to seeing this downvoted to oblivion as well, really does make me sad and happy.

Im happy because someone with a brain honestly and whole-heartedly agreed with what Ive been trying to say since LO came out and people are catching on.
Im disappointed because I know realize how fucking hopeless it is to think APB is gonna continue and its solely because of the community at this point.  but hey, I cant talk too much trash because I was with you guys at some point in time; Going full reee mode on anything bad that was said about the game. 

Just because its negative criticism doesnt mean its unjust criticism.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Just because its negative criticism doesnt mean its unjust criticism

Ya know, after posting this post summed up into tiny ones and the community still downvoting the shit out of it, to seeing this downvoted to oblivion as well,

that goes both ways 

Im happy because someone with a brain honestly and whole-heartedly agreed with what Ive been trying to say since LO came out and people are catching on.
Im disappointed because I know realize how fucking hopeless it is to think APB is gonna continue and its solely because of the community at this point.

is it ironic or hypocritical that you’re happy a past cheater is onboard with your doom squad yet you want to blame the community for killing the game?

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

that goes both ways 

is it ironic or hypocritical that you’re happy a past cheater is onboard with your doom squad yet you want to blame the community for killing the game?

My doom squad?  Dont know what you mean by that but yeah, I do and do not blame the community for killing the game; Its a toxic shitfest and the devs listen to the braindead silvers on the forums.

42 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

My doom squad?  Dont know what you mean by that but yeah, I do and do not blame the community for killing the game; Its a toxic shitfest and the devs listen to the braindead silvers on the forums.

Braindead Silvers & a fair amount of Delusional Golds.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I suppose we should be thankful for the few Bronze and occasional Greens that smatter our world.

giphy.gif

On 3/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, Westford said:

Braindead Silvers & a fair amount of Delusional Golds.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I suppose we should be thankful for the few Bronze and occasional Greens that smatter our world.

giphy.gif

smatter. :^)

But yeah, like a said, a community filled with everyone spewing bullshoot while thinking they know everything and witch hunting anyone who has a negative / different opinion than their own.

On 3/7/2019 at 10:09 PM, CookiePuss said:

Second time trying to comment, I guess the mods decided "^this^" wasn't good enough, so i would like to instead formally give my approval to everything Fur has stated.

It happens a lot I noticed. Not entirely sure why they wouldn't notify you.

It's pretty fucking irritating, especially when half of everyone got over the issue with the terrible G1 moderation lmao.