I already told them that they needed to bring back the RTW version , I am pretty sure not only would people come back playing that version over this one, but more players will be playing it over the current version we have now. But hey what do i know, I'm a nobody. See how that worked out since they removed the old threat system years ago, game has been heading down hill ever since, and firing G1blackbeard was the worse decision ever.

The new company, no offense, but i hope they know what they are doing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Dislikes don't mean that it isn't the truth. People can disagree with the truth, usually when it hurts.

It’s almost as if the comment reaction functionality is a way to express personal opinions...

Emcitement you ain't know me but I do and this goes for everyone as well as a long time player and I would never expect a post like this from you. LO has done lots of things G1 failed to do and every thing they said was going to happen already accomplished so far and you knows this as well but you seems to be butt hurt about shotgun changes? Find another weapon and manage it as good as you can. Sorry to say this but this post you make bad for this community everything cant be done at a single time it takes time and step by step to get things done in the proper manner where it should be functioning well before putting out in pubic. I agree that some balances were not necessary but LO have just started to work on this dead game. You got to have patience and give them time to work things out. If you keep bashing on them like this and before you knew it they go into less  communication as G1 Did. We need to support them, if the community does not support them what good is the progress? As a longtime player I expected better from you. I'm disappointed as well your post is getting another dislike added to it. And by judging how much thumbs down you got open your mind and think as to why. Dude relax drink something play something do something else give them time.

Edited by RUN1

5 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I already told them that they needed to bring back the RTW version.

I dont think LO also wants to go bankrupt in less than 3 months.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 4:27 PM, Clandestine said:

Actually cheating, especially closetting requires more skills than just playing on rus net and depending on your laggy hitbox

You talk like you know something we don't... 🤔

40 minutes ago, Mitne said:

You talk like you know something we don't... 🤔

I was enjoying my time after my unfair ban back in the days 😂

10 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I already told them that they needed to bring back the RTW version

And lose content and bug fixes we have had since then? No thank you.

That would do a lot of harm and go away from todays standards for gaming.

1 hour ago, Clandestine said:

I was enjoying my time after my unfair ban back in the days 😂

Judging from your personality and your posts in this thread alone, I can easily assume it wasn't so unfair.

This thread is a great example of why I don't touch this game, it was not the gun balancing lol. What a cesspool.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I dont think LO also wants to go bankrupt in less than 3 months.

I think i should have been a bit more clear on what i mean by bring back the rtw version. I'm referring to the old gun sounds (which are way better than the sounds we have now ), the old threat system, the old hud, the blue muzzle flashes and tracers, old better graphics with bloom, etc. I'm sure you can find videos to what i am talking about. And not just RTW, after RTW, past early apb versions. If i am not mistaken, the changes to the game from the RTW didn't happen until they changed the old threat system, I'm not sure when they removed the old gun sounds, and got rid of the tracers and muzzle flashes. and don't even get me started again on who changed the graphics and replaced it with this ugly mess we have now.

Old version was more fun and better, but again, what do i know, i just know what i see 😉

Edited by LAPDAlonso

6 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I think i should have been a bit more clear on what i mean by bring back the rtw version. I'm referring to the old gun sounds (which are way better than the sounds we have now ), the old threat system, the old hud, the blue muzzle flashes and tracers, old better graphics with bloom, etc. I'm sure you can find videos to what i am talking about. And not just RTW, after RTW, past early apb versions. If i am not mistaken, the changes to the game from the RTW didn't happen until they changed the old threat system, I'm not sure when they removed the old gun sounds, and got rid of the tracers and muzzle flashes. and don't even get me started again on who changed the graphics and replaced it with this ugly mess we have now.

Old version was more fun and better, but again, what do i know, i just know what i see 😉

Sounds like there is a lot you aren't sure about. 

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Sounds like there is a lot you aren't sure about. 

I just told you, in fact i have been telling you. So has others for years now. The problem is, you don't listen. Or in your case you just don't agree that the old version is better than what we have now. And that's your opinion. Numbers don't lie and i know what i am talking about, sadly again you guys just don't listen. And that's why the game is where its at now. And now another merge is happening.  This game has been going down hill since all that stuff i mention started to be removed from the game, if you don't want to believe that, that's on you.

And that's all I'm going to say. Have a nice day.

I disagree on the shotguns, while nfas imo should be solely looked at (it feels more effective at 7-10m than csg/jg where I die easily in 3-4 shots, maybe just decrease damage pellot ramp), I feel like the other shotguns are in an alright spot. CSG and jg "could" be looked at again, but would solely require a minor (yes very minor) buff to increase the 2 hit effectiveness (could mean upping pellot damage ramp by a few points but not a lot over time to see how it goes).

Low yields should be looked at imo, I can agree to that. I'd suggest 450 damage rather than 550, hell, even 500 would probably suffice before a further nerf if needed. Low yields are almost a direct buff to the frag currently, aside from dealing less damage, they allow for almost no reaction time and easy spammability. I use frags for the damage, but everyone else uses low yields... for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I just told you, in fact i have been telling you. So has others for years now. The problem is, you don't listen. Or in your case you just don't agree that the old version is better than what we have now. And that's your opinion. Numbers don't lie and i know what i am talking about, sadly again you guys just don't listen. And that's why the game is where its at now. And now another merge is happening.  This game has been going down hill since all that stuff i mention started to be removed from the game, if you don't want to believe that, that's on you.

tracers and muzzles happened from glitches from the weapon skins supposedly. Graphics have changed several times, sadly, and no clue about sounds. Hud was changed for the engine upgrade.

3 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I'm pretty sure an alive game is better than a dead game. 

Emcitement is more right than you guys think

I can't think of a single good balance change or idea they've done so far really. And all their events have been horribly organized and made.

While I think LO is better than G1 by a big margin, it doesn't mean LO is doing anything good. LO should honestly try and get a high skill player group together of ~10-15 people and bounce ideas around. We have SPCT now but they can only test what LO brings them AFAIK. A more direct communication to LO through a top group of players (1% top) would probably help LO find out what they really need to change rather than looking at this cesspool silver forum and finding ideas here.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 3:52 AM, Emcitement said:

The nfas was already one of the fastest killing guns in the game and incredibly powerful in close range. So your response to that.. was.. to buff it.. what.. And the Ogre is even better.

I wouldn't even bother using the ogre, since an IR3 nfas is pretty much just as good, except is way better when you have to be aggressive.

16 minutes ago, Fur said:

I can't think of a single good balance change or idea they've done so far really. And all their events have been horribly organized and made.

They reverted their garbage improved rifling nerf, which was the only good balance change they've made so far, and it was 100% their fault as to why it needed to be reverted in the first place. I don't know why they start touching shit randomly and changing modifiers just to see if something SEEMS promising. I don't even know what their goal was with the IR nerf.

Edited by claude

Actually you know what, i would put it to you like this. If LO would release the RTW version/edition with all the old stuff in tact, including the old threat system, graphics, hud, visuals, tracers, muzzle flashes, and release it on Steam as a new game and called it All points bulletin RTW edition, I BETCHA! i betcha 300 dollars, people will flock to it and more players will be playing that version, instead of the current APB. I guarantee you that over 5,000 players will be online right now, maybe even more. 

If i was LO i would do it, and just expand on the features, like expand the two main districts with new areas and places to explore, DX11/DX12 and new maps, finish up Asylum and make that into a full new district. But again, this is just my views. I just don't think even with the new engine upgrade its not going to solved anything in the long run. But then again, i look forward to the new engine upgrade, and i hope that they bring back the beautiful visuals from the early versions, including that bloom quality so at night time it actually looks like night time and add some reflections from rain and the sun. But i am probably asking for too much lol

26 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

Actually you know what, i would put it to you like this. If LO would release the RTW version/edition with all the old stuff in tact, including the old threat system, graphics, hud, visuals, tracers, muzzle flashes, and release it on Steam as a new game and called it All points bulletin RTW edition, I BETCHA! i betcha 300 dollars, people will flock to it and more players will be playing that version, instead of the current APB. I guarantee you that over 5,000 players will be online right now, maybe even more. 

If i was LO i would do it, and just expand on the features, like expand the two main districts with new areas and places to explore, DX11/DX12 and new maps, finish up Asylum and make that into a full new district. But again, this is just my views. I just don't think even with the new engine upgrade its not going to solved anything in the long run. But then again, i look forward to the new engine upgrade, and i hope that they bring back the beautiful visuals from the early versions, including that bloom quality so at night time it actually looks like night time and add some reflections from rain and the sun. But i am probably asking for too much lol

no one is going to play a shooter with no recoil in 2019

its painfully obvious you dont understand anything at all about game development - even a complete layperson like me knows why the engine upgrade is necessary (hint: its because the devs cant "just add new maps")

Merged.

1 hour ago, Fur said:

I can't think of a single good balance change or idea they've done so far really

swarm and oblivion off the top of my head

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 10:52 AM, Emcitement said:

When Little Orbit announced acquisition of APB and Matt Scott began talking up all these plans, its safe to say most people's hopes for this game increased. BattlEye was a great start, but everything else they've done to the game (which is hardly anything?) is a disaster.

APB has been horribly unbalanced for a long time but what the fuck were they thinking with shotgun balance.

The nfas was already one of the fastest killing guns in the game and incredibly powerful in close range. So your response to that.. was.. to buff it.. what.. And the Ogre is even better.

Regular shotguns went from being average tier at best to absolute trash. The TTK is so long its absolutely not worth using, .68 all the way up to .77. Like do they not realize how huge of a difference that is when it comes to firefights? Yeah, okay a higher ttk because shotguns can utilize cover to gain an advantage over smgs? Thing is, SMGs have WAY more range so that's what you'd have to sacrifice that when using them.. That was a pretty reasonable tradeoff. And now you can just buy a nfas that does everything so much better. Hell, the nfas even kills faster at close-med range than standard shotties. And why was the Dow nerfed. Its literally a slightly more skill-based nfas. esus Christ. Shotguns have had a long history of balance changes from being terrible, to ghost shotting nonstop, to being beyond overpowered. They were FINALLY in a good place before you aquired the game. Shotguns actually did not need to be touched - at least the JG, CSG, and Nfas didn't.

For the love of Christ, revert the shotgun changes. Like completely back to how they were before you ever touched them.

Car spawner still exists. Remote det is still ridiculous. HVR still does 850 damage.

Grenades still do way too much damage. Low yields and percs have not been looked at.

Defence missions still give you a massive advantage.

Game is still filled with tons of gimmicky bullshoot that makes it pretty unfun.

Don't get me wrong. BE is great, a few of the QOL changes are good, the trading system is fine, and the communication is much better than G1 ever gave us. There is more hope in this game's state than previously for sure. I'm not saying I'd rather G1 still own the game since that was a dead.

In all my time of playing this game, I've never seen the population this low. I mean that was inevitable no matter what minor changes you make to the game.

However, if you want this game to survive for a good amount of time, you need to listen to the players. 

Look at Jagex. They admitted they screwed up their game and re-released an older and arguably better version of it, only adding updates if they pass polls. You should really consider listening to the players who have thousands of hours of gametime and not mess with parts of the game that aren't broken. There are so many problematic errors that could be addressed instead.

I think you should just start over with the weapon balance and let the players test things out long-term before changes are finalized, and when they are finally decided let us vote on whether we want them.

If the engine upgrade ever actually comes out, there's going to be a good playerbase spike, but without maintaining the game and fixing issues that have plagued it for years (when G1 refused to listen) it'll go right back to being as dead as it is now. The engine upgrade isn't an end-all. The other things matter just as much.

Very disappointed. Game was actually more enjoyable to me when G1 owned it and I wanted nothing more than for that company to sell the game off.

@Emcitement Excuse me but I couldn't agree on anything more than that, everything you mentioned was totally on point and i would have said the exact same things, how do many prople dislike this piece of art that this you just wrote ? 

This is why they should never ever listen to those kind of people who have no actual real experience or competence in the game and are just wondering in these forums trying to act like they know what they are talking about feeling more important than they really are.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 10:52 AM, Emcitement said:

Car spawner still exists. Remote det is still ridiculous. HVR still does 850 damage.

Grenades still do way too much damage. Low yields and percs have not been looked at.

Defence missions still give you a massive advantage.

I think these are very good positive things about APB.

21 hours ago, Fur said:

Emcitement is more right than you guys think

While I think LO is better than G1 by a big margin, it doesn't mean LO is doing anything good. LO should honestly try and get a high skill player group together of ~10-15 people and bounce ideas around. We have SPCT now but they can only test what LO brings them AFAIK. A more direct communication to LO through a top group of players (1% top) would probably help LO find out what they really need to change rather than looking at this cesspool silver forum and finding ideas here.

So reworking half the underpowered weapons to be more competitive was a bad idea?

Except that that "top" 1% of players would be the ultra competitive tryhard players who tend to abuse every glitch, animation glitch, and location exploit. I mean, let's be honest here. That "top" 10-15 people would likely be the same ones who go "oh the qs hvr is okay, that jump scout is perfectly balanced, and 2 hit csg from a corner at 15m is balanced, star is okay in the trashbin, don't touch my ntec but please nerf percs". Really, i'll be honest, going through a "top group" of players, would be an extremely bad idea, because their sense of balance is "if it's easy and I can abuse it for wins in some way, its balanced because other people can too!" 

Going through a number of different veteran players (who need not be top tier), to get a good idea of what to change would be a better idea. From Kemp and Kewlin, to some of the vet SPCT members. (I only said kemp/kewl because i've seen their names in balance discussions before and remember them, i know there are others)

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

So reworking half the underpowered weapons to be more competitive was a bad idea?

Except that that "top" 1% of players would be the ultra competitive tryhard players who tend to abuse every glitch, animation glitch, and location exploit. I mean, let's be honest here. That "top" 10-15 people would likely be the same ones who go "oh the qs hvr is okay, that jump scout is perfectly balanced, and 2 hit csg from a corner at 15m is balanced, star is okay in the trashbin, don't touch my ntec but please nerf percs". Really, i'll be honest, going through a "top group" of players, would be an extremely bad idea, because their sense of balance is "if it's easy and I can abuse it for wins in some way, its balanced because other people can too!" 

Going through a number of different veteran players (who need not be top tier), to get a good idea of what to change would be a better idea. From Kemp and Kewlin, to some of the vet SPCT members. (I only said kemp/kewl because i've seen their names in balance discussions before and remember them, i know there are others)

all the really good players i can think of dont abuse mechanics because they dont have to, because they're good

the type of person you seem to be referring to is not a good player, and thus has to resort to abusing mechanics in an attempt to make up for lack of skill

regardless, it would be difficult to determine who exactly to listen to since most of the really good players dont seem to post/visit the forums and when they do they arent the loud whiny types

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

all the really good players i can think of dont abuse mechanics because they dont have to, because they're good

the type of person you seem to be referring to is not a good player, and thus has to resort to abusing mechanics in an attempt to make up for lack of skill

regardless, it would be difficult to determine who exactly to listen to since most of the really good players dont seem to post/visit the forums and when they do they arent the loud whiny types

I mean you may have a different experience with that then, but my experience was that most people i hear that are/were referred to as "good" players either glitched/exploited to hell, or got banned for cheating.

or spam low yields all match :trollface:

So I have a very pessimistic view when it comes to people saying "just get the top tier players to balance the game". Especially when half the stuff that was broken af and got fixed, if anyone said a single thing against (qsing, jump scout, etc) got called trash "get gud" for it. (again, my experience)

I know there had been a lot of balance talk that had been done from older veteran players which has been added to the game after suggestions, such as faster star bloom. I can think of different names who had supported, or voiced different opinions on the topics of weapon balance, who could possibly fit the bill.

You'd probably want players who had been playing a lot weapon roles being high/max for opinions, or had a good understanding of how the weapons of a certain role function in general/game works.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 3/3/2019 at 1:40 AM, LAPDAlonso said:

I already told them that they needed to bring back the RTW version , I am pretty sure not only would people come back playing that version over this one, but more players will be playing it over the current version we have now. But hey what do i know, I'm a nobody. See how that worked out since they removed the old threat system years ago, game has been heading down hill ever since, and firing G1blackbeard was the worse decision ever.

The new company, no offense, but i hope they know what they are doing.

Ah yes, the RTW version that 100m was spent on and was considered by 90 percent of the people who played (and then subsequently left) to be an outstanding failure.

Glad to see you're still around.

Everything you just mentioned, I feel the same way.

I once thought threads like these were valuable. Giving feedback is the way to get closer to the APB we all want to play.

In reality, the demands far exceed the studio's capacity to deliver.

Asking for meaningful changes through a forum post, most likely... Un coup d'épée dans l'eau
I wish they'd follow OSRS content-voting model.

Or at least introduce a better way to measure player feedback. Something less time consuming and more accurate.

I'll just keep checking the Admin tracker every once in a while, see if the game manages to rise again.

Edited by Talla
  • Like 1