There's so many points wrong in your post, it hurts my eyes.

I agree on shotgun nerf/buff, I disagree on everything else.

And population is low because game litteraly don't have anything other to offer to them - it's most noticeable in holidays where population suddenly magically goes back up again.

And answering your topic title. Yes G1 was as bad as it could get it. Good luck to even say ANYTHING to them. (Look at old forums, you will get idea.)

LO just got inexperince in that kind of titles. Plus is naturally affected by populism because of this. Majority isn't always right.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 3

You forgot changes to the antispam system. Now the only way to get kicked is to grief and get demerits vs the old ways when one could just spam in his 1 man clan and leave the mission in seconds.

Just now, Clandestine said:

You forgot changes to the antispam system. Now the only way to get kicked is to grief and get demerits vs the old ways when one could just spam in his 1 man clan and leave the mission in seconds.

Didn't you loved when spambots filled district back in old G1 days?

That lovely links to hacks spammed all over district chat.

Edited by Mitne

Just now, Mitne said:

Didn't you loved when spambots filled district back in old G1 days?

Huh? I loved leaving missions whenever I feel like it without causing much disturbance. Just as much as I loved old shotguns. I'm genuinely scared where this game is going. 

1 minute ago, Clandestine said:

Huh? I loved leaving missions whenever I feel like it without causing much disturbance. Just as much as I loved old shotguns. I'm genuinely scared where this game is going. 

Matt disabled spamming because it affected servers.

They want to add option to leave missions even opposed though.

Where the hell you all guys been? If you read forum daily, you know enough that stuff are happening in-game...

LO is tiny studio, don't expect miracles or few million investments. Everything is put step-by-step with moderate success or flop. I'm happy they do something. With G1 I didn't saw that for years before takeover.

Edited by Mitne
  • Thanks 1

I swear someone posts something like this every week. I say this respectfully but get a clue OP. You somehow think Little Orbit's service is on par, if not worse than G1's many years of subpar service? They have done more things than I can list on my fingers, something G1 could only manage to do in a 3-year span. Quite honestly, even if the changes aren't perfect or are maybe even left field occasionally, I am just pleased that there is an effort to fix this addictive trash of a game. Would you rather there be no company and the game just disappears one day? Would you rather there be no response from the Devs at all? I know that's not explicitly what you're asking but you're expecting too much in such short amounts of time. I know what you're gonna say, "A year isn't a short of amount of time", it is relatively short for fixing the mistakes that G1 left behind. Not to mention that they're doing a crap ton of stuff behind the scenes to make the game bearable by 2019 standards, such as continuing the development of the engine upgrade - which was and continues to be a meme thanks of G1.

With that in mind, it's also important to note that the player base is dying because people played the crap out of the game already. Some can't even play because the optimization is terrible, not to mention there was a lot of people who were cheating lol. The real players of this game are waiting for something big. Rebalances aren't going to change anything in regards to the population.

Edited by Miamita
  • Like 3

stop crying, LO are doing the best they can! :DD

So your only real point is that the shotgun changes are bad? I don’t disagree that the shotgun changes was a messy process and current state is less than desireable. But despite all the retorical doomsday bravado, you come across as nothing more than a salty shottie main.

And I don’t even know if you main shotties - that’s just how you come across.

Edited by AsgerLund
  • Like 5

I remember... dont forget to thank amnesia that welcomes you back.

• Like 1

LO's only real crime is limiting the amount of post reactions you can have per day. 

So with that in mind.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Where the hell you all guys been? If you read forum daily, you know enough that stuff are happening in-game...

LO is tiny studio, don't expect miracles or few million investments. Everything is put step-by-step with moderate success or flop. I'm happy they do something. With G1 I didn't saw that for years before takeover.

qiMRJiT.png

1 hour ago, Miamita said:

I swear someone posts something like this every week. I say this respectfully but get a clue OP. You somehow think Little Orbit's service is on par, if not worse than G1's many years of subpar service? They have done more things than I can list on my fingers, something G1 could only manage to do in a 3-year span. Quite honestly, even if the changes aren't perfect or are maybe even left field occasionally, I am just pleased that there is an effort to fix this addictive trash of a game. Would you rather there be no company and the game just disappears one day? Would you rather there be no response from the Devs at all? I know that's not explicitly what you're asking but you're expecting too much in such short amounts of time. I know what you're gonna say, "A year isn't a short of amount of time", it is relatively short for fixing the mistakes that G1 left behind. Not to mention that they're doing a crap ton of stuff behind the scenes to make the game bearable by 2019 standards, such as continuing the development of the engine upgrade - which was and continues to be a meme thanks of G1.

With that in mind, it's also important to note that the player base is dying because people played the crap out of the game already. Some can't even play because the optimization is terrible, not to mention there was a lot of people who were cheating lol. The real players of this game are waiting for something big. Rebalances aren't going to change anything in regards to the population.

qiMRJiT.png

1 hour ago, cheater said:

stop crying, LO are doing the best they can! :DD

qiMRJiT.png

52 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

So your only real point is that the shotgun changes are bad? I don’t disagree that the shotgun changes was a messy process and current state is less than desireable. But despite all the retorical doomsday bravado, you come across as nothing more than a salty shottie main.

And I don’t even know if you main shotties - that’s just how you come across.

qiMRJiT.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

BS. If it affected servers then how am I still able to spam and it doesn't even kick me. I have 0 reasons to believe that. It's just another change by people that never played this game.

Try using cheats again like you did before, might help you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Carspawner only exists in 2 minute intervals and with how many mid-stages are 3 to 4 minutes max, your use of them gets really strangled until you reach a final stage.

And that was a change the G1 team made.

49 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

BS. If it affected servers then how am I still able to spam and it doesn't even kick me. I have 0 reasons to believe that. It's just another change by people that never played this game.

I'm no network expert so I'm gonna talk out of my patootie for this one as if I never do. I think was was causing the issue was the fact that several people were relogging in at close enough times to each other, essentially making the server send out way more data than need be, straining it

In other words, imagine one player keeps on requesting their information from the server (logging in) over a short period. The server will have to keep searching through a database for the correct data before sending it off each time. It may not be by much, but the server probably wouldn't like such a repetitive task. Now stack that effect multiple times on top of each other and that's what I imagine was happening with the /cointoss spam

Think of launch days for new games. So many people try to access the servers at once that the servers crap themselves. APB servers aren't that top end (I think) so a similar effect occurs

I look forward to an actual network expert telling us what was actually going

Hmmm. Think that's enough bs put together to make it sound legit

• Like 1

strange comment twisting about weapons and G1 .

the company GamersFirst was a wonderful experience to gather information for balancing weapons . Lo does not have at the moment such opportunities .

Edited by Yood

i am totally the same opinion as Emcitement there you can see that this guy knows very well about this game and his current state.

I think who ever disagree with him is an totally blinded person and playing on bronze district with remote Detonater.

I agree with all of this points

• Thanks 1

weapon balance doesn't affect you if you use cheats tho

lel

jokes and burns aside... the shotgun mechanic changes were not bad. The issue lies with their stats - they need another round of balancing for sure, but the fact that LO has currently halted *any and all* balance changes just isn't helping. Again, why was stuff like the OCA nerf (from .64 to .68ttk) not pushed to live?

Re : Car Spawner

And that's all.

Edited by Nitronik

Half your points aren't even a problem.

I'm not a fan of the shotgun changes either, and the last time I checked, the NFAS-12 was better than the NFAS 12 'True Ogre'.

Car spawner needs a range change.

Nothing wrong with remote detonator (but rather with Explosives 3)

HVR is at a better spot but the 850 damage should be looked at.

Grenades are perfectly balanced, except the low yield frags.

Defense missions/game modes are always advantageous, in every game ever. Can't fix that.

Game does have a lot of gimmicky and situational things that make missions unbalanced. Deployables and car gameplay to name a few things.

Edited by GhosT

Alright, lets disect this post point by point. I feel like this needs to be done.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:52 AM, Emcitement said:

When Little Orbit announced acquisition of APB and Matt Scott began talking up all these plans, its safe to say most people's hopes for this game increased. BattlEye was a great start, but everything else they've done to the game (which is hardly anything?) is a disaster.

I think you're blinding yourself by hatred of the shotgun changes. Well, a good use for the tears for Christmas' snowballs.

APB has been horribly unbalanced for a long time but what the fuck were they thinking with shotgun balance.

The fact you say this while being a player for the longest time really demonstrates that you really are just shouting in an act of percieved frustration. Point out to the audience where APB was "horribly" balanced. That's not to say there are balancing issues - there always will be. But screaming out like this with no real point of order is kind of baseless.

The nfas was already one of the fastest killing guns in the game and incredibly powerful in close range. So your response to that.. was.. to buff it.. what.. And the Ogre is even better.

This right here is where the entire argument falls apart.

The True Ogre got much worse to use. If you actually picked it up and used it, you would know. The standard NFAS is now a direct upgrade to it. And the NFAS was always good. It's just that people never actually properly used it before the shotguns went through their changes.

Shotguns actually did not need to be touched - at least the JG, CSG, and Nfas didn't.

Yes they did. If the CSG is a straight upgrade to the JG, there is a huge problem.

Car spawner still exists. Remote det is still ridiculous. HVR still does 850 damage.

And? It's called tactics. Stop assuming everyone should run Seiyo Espacios, black clothes, NTEC's and FBW's.

Grenades still do way too much damage. Low yields and percs have not been looked at.

How? Percs do 400 damage? How would you like to have them changed? Again shouting of anger here.

Defence missions still give you a massive advantage.

Except they also give you a massive disadvantage in the fact you only get one shot to defend for the entire stage time.

Don't get me wrong. BE is great, a few of the QOL changes are good, the trading system is fine, and the communication is much better than G1 ever gave us. There is more hope in this game's state than previously for sure. I'm not saying I'd rather G1 still own the game since that was a dead.

The statement in bold is quite literally, unequivacly and exactly what you're implying throughout the post.

Look at Jagex. They admitted they screwed up their game and re-released an older and arguably better version of it, only adding updates if they pass polls. You should really consider listening to the players who have thousands of hours of gametime and not mess with parts of the game that aren't broken.

If the players were listened to, only the loudest would be able to be heard, simply because they would want a return to the old meta - old NTEC, qsing beyond belief and being able to kick bronzes. LO has final authority when it comes to how they want to drive the game. You are obliged to leave your opinion, just has much as LO hold the right to ignore it.

Very disappointed. Game was actually more enjoyable to me when G1 owned it and I wanted nothing more than for that company to sell the game off.

And we come to the end sentence, which really sums up what the actual motive is for this thread - a scream. There isn't any evidence, anecdotes or otherwise listed here. Not only that, a lot of the things listed here are questionable (the True Ogre being better than what it was is just outright incorrect), and it feels like just a bottled up rant in an attempt to be heard or regress back to old meta's if possible.

Go back and actually play the game, I feel like you're looking at the stats way too hard.

Edited by SKay
Typo fixed. Thanks Kev ye big meme.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 14

1 hour ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

I'm no network expert so I'm gonna talk out of my patootie for this one as if I never do. I think was was causing the issue was the fact that several people were relogging in at close enough times to each other, essentially making the server send out way more data than need be, straining it

In other words, imagine one player keeps on requesting their information from the server (logging in) over a short period. The server will have to keep searching through a database for the correct data before sending it off each time. It may not be by much, but the server probably wouldn't like such a repetitive task. Now stack that effect multiple times on top of each other and that's what I imagine was happening with the /cointoss spam

Think of launch days for new games. So many people try to access the servers at once that the servers crap themselves. APB servers aren't that top end (I think) so a similar effect occurs

I look forward to an actual network expert telling us what was actually going

Hmmm. Think that's enough bs put together to make it sound legit

Literally few people knew about this "feature". Even my friend that plays APB since RTW didn't know about it till I told him last year. Imo they just don't want people to leave the missions but they fail to realize that people will AFK instead of carrying some random bronze pugs or go vs known cheaters.

Time is definitely running out. 

I wish them luck. This was not an easy thing to undertake, saving APB. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ch1ck said:

Try using cheats again like you did before, might help you.

Actually cheating, especially closetting requires more skills than just playing on rus net and depending on your laggy hitbox