Sign in to follow this  
Mitne

Unpopular opinion

Analysis: There is not much cheaters in APB but since APB population is so low, chances of meeting them is high enough to give illusion of community cheating. While 10 cheaters in game doesn't sound like much in comprasion of most nowadays games population, in case of APB that makes it pretty big percentage of population. Especially if they are pretty active since even at biggest times of activites - only one instance per district is full of players (per threat - minus usual gold and green) - so you are "forced" to land in match against them.

Results: APB is more influenced by individual. Even one cheater is "too much". Therefore we never reach that perfect state of freedom from cheats.

I expect controversy so dunno. Just wanted to speak my three cents.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

some of us lost track of the ammount of times we have been called hackers.

You and everyone else, people cry cheats at everything especially if they dont understand how the game works.

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

APB freedom from cheats.

Mitne ❤️

12 minutes ago, Mozie said:

You and everyone else, people cry cheats at everything especially if they dont understand how the game works.

Well basicly there are cheaters out there.

Many of the most known ones got banned in fairfight, but got unbaned after battleye.

And then there are cheaters like Film. Who keeps creating accounts 1 after another, and keeps cheating on all of them at high percentage settings.

Also there exist those cheaters trying to look legit, setting the hacks in low percentages, trying to avoid the anticheat or recording them selves.

How can you know if someone is cheating but is not obviusly looking like he is cheating?

Well my method is testing them like lab rats, making them do what I want them to do. That's how I got many proofs of cheaters using wallhack/player2Dradar, also there's an easy way of triggering their aimbot. You need the help from another teammate, and attack him in L , that will trigger the aimbot SNAP , after aiming in to one of you, the aimbot will autoAim rotating exactly 90º, and many times the user tries to go back in to the main target after aimbot aimed in another way.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i think you can add to that the big skill gap that you face in missions. some of us lost track of the ammount of times we have been called hackers.

24 minutes ago, Mozie said:

It's partially true. Especially since skill gap in APB is huge. Not impossible to jump but huge enough for someone to just assume that.

Especially taking APB got pretty bizzare mechanics and server really does freaky shit.

3 minutes ago, KittyLanah said:

Many of the most known ones got banned in fairfight, but got unbaned after battleye.

And then there are cheaters like Film. Who keeps creating accounts 1 after another, and keeps cheating on all of them at high percentage settings.

Also there exist those cheaters trying to look legit, setting the hacks in low percentages, trying to avoid the anticheat or recording them selves.

The biggest problem are returning cheaters in APB. And we got pretty big percentage of such out of all cheaters.

It made me kinda paranoid to new "big" names in APB. Especially since one name is gone and second appear in place.

4 minutes ago, KittyLanah said:

How can you know if someone is cheating but is not obviusly looking like he is cheating?

In all honesty Kitty, you can't.

Just try your best or try to avoid match with said guy.

In worst case, gangbang on that guy always - while you can't overkill him, you can outshot him. And most of cheaters are garbage tactically.

You're not the only one to think that, so don't worry. Every online game has cheats.

Hackusations are definitely more common than actual hackers in this game.

5 minutes ago, Mitne said:

In all honesty Kitty, you can't.

as I said before, you actually can if you know how to test them.

• Like 1

I'm going on a roll here.

3 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i think you can add to that the big skill gap that you face in missions. some of us lost track of the ammount of times we have been called hackers.

qiMRJiT.png

1 hour ago, Mozie said:

qiMRJiT.png

46 minutes ago, KittyLanah said:

Mitne ❤️

Well my method is testing them like lab rats, making them do what I want them to do. That's how I got many proofs of cheaters using wallhack/player2Dradar, also there's an easy way of triggering their aimbot. You need the help from another teammate, and attack him in L , that will trigger the aimbot SNAP , after aiming in to one of you, the aimbot will autoAim rotating exactly 90º, and many times the user tries to go back in to the main target after aimbot aimed in another way.

qiMRJiT.png

36 minutes ago, _chain said:

You're not the only one to think that, so don't worry. Every online game has cheats.

Hackusations are definitely more common than actual hackers in this game.

qiMRJiT.png

3 hours ago, Mitne said:

Analysis: There is not much cheaters in APB but since APB population is so low, chances of meeting them is high enough to give illusion of community cheating. While 10 cheaters in game doesn't sound like much in comparison of most nowadays games population, in case of APB that makes it pretty big percentage of population. Especially if they are pretty active since even at biggest times of activities - only one instance per district is full of players (per threat - minus usual gold and green) - so you are "forced" to land in match against them.

Results: APB is more influenced by individual. Even one cheater is "too much". Therefore we never reach that perfect state of freedom from cheats.

qiMRJiT.png

ima use this to against plug my Blacklist idea - I think the hackusations will be a lot less and even hacker complaints if players could just throw people on to a "Do Not Play With" list. Having to face the same opponent time and time again even if they are either cheater or just highly skilled and chain-losing matches against them just makes things unfun. I think some players might cool it if they had the option to never play with someone they're unhappy with. And if the opponent is a cheater they'll slowly get a smaller and smaller pool of victims to play against reducing their negative impact on the population.

Any company that doesn't deal with cheaters will have a decline in population. Lets just hope Battleye starts working if not good luck with the game.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Nev said:

Any company that doesn't deal with cheaters will have a decline in population. Lets just hope Battleye starts working if not good luck with the game.

Battleye actually works, but as I discussed with 1 staff inside the game at social district.

They've got to turn ON autobans and rise the anticheat settings.

I do see Battleye banning the hole time each 3 minutes 1-3 players on Rainbow 6 Siege. They also have Fairfight for Toxicity bans.

So yeah what is the problem here?

LittleOrbit is being really tolerant and pacient with our community, like trying to give them a chance as they did on the unbans wave (we all agree except banned cheaters, that was a big mistake)

But what I personally think is happening. Is that they don't want the game dead before they can release the 2 unreal engine updates. After that probably they will enforce the anticheat and ban all of them. But first they wanna rise the population by updating the game.

5 hours ago, Mitne said:

Analysis: There is not much cheaters in APB but since APB population is so low, chances of meeting them is high enough to give illusion of community cheating. While 10 cheaters in game doesn't sound like much in comprasion of most nowadays games population, in case of APB that makes it pretty big percentage of population. Especially if they are pretty active since even at biggest times of activites - only one instance per district is full of players (per threat - minus usual gold and green) - so you are "forced" to land in match against them.

I don't understand or agree with your opinion .

Just now, Yood said:

I don't understand your opinion .

APB does not have more cheaters than other games, but since we have a smaller playerbase the few cheaters we have seem like a lot. Think about (nº of cheaters/total players).

10 minutes ago, _chain said:

APB does not have more cheaters than other games, but since we have a smaller playerbase the few cheaters we have seem like a lot. Think about (nº of cheaters/total players).

cheating, in principle, ineradicable . they fight him .it takes time to confirm the use of cheats .the tandem running of the anti-cheat is quite natural and adequate .

>“unpopular opinion”

>50% of the community thinks the same 

hmm

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I play Jericho... Do we even have cheaters?

Not sure about NA but EU has quiet a few. I don't usually call out of cheaters but these guys are full blatant and don't give a single fuck.

Just now, Nev said:

Not sure about NA but EU has quiet a few. I don't usually call out of cheaters but these guys are full blatant and don't give a single fuck.

Luckily my 250ms prevents me from enjoying Citadel anymore.

10 hours ago, Mitne said:

Man for once i completely agree with you , the way you said it pretty much sums it up .

41 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I don't know what to do with this thread.

Your services are not required here!

30 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Your services are not required here!

I can rest easy for once. Thank you @Mitne

"Daily 'I am True Gold(™) and there very few, if any cheaters since........ "

Oh wait.. never mind.

giphy.gif

Edited by Westford

It doesn't matter how many cheaters there are what matters is how oftn they affect your game, and on obeya being gold gives you easily a chance to have your match affected by a cheater at around 40%.

Also the low pop lets us not switch to another district anymore as we could in th past. So you have only the option to continue playing against cheaters or quitting the game for that time,  And looking at the player numbrs we know what most decided to do. Of all the people I have played with the majority doesn't play APB anymore because of cheaters, the second most reason si the games (servers) performance. It's not the lack of new content.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this