JareCzech

Making LTL weapons more powerful

There is an option for enforcers to play non-lethaly and be more friendly to their opponents by not killing them (pacifists?). I cant see the reason why some LTL weapons are so nerfed.

For example I bought Stabba - NL-9 yesterday and played a couple of rounds. I always ended up with 1 (kills or arrests), 2 assists (stuns) and 5 (deaths). It is three-shot shotgun (although all other shotguns have kill in 2 shots if you aim right, like wtf?) and it doesnt have no spread, so you shoot like with a slug, so totally useless in CQ. I also noticed it is on long range 3 shots too, like why? How can I arrest someone if I manage to stun him from 40 metres. I cant even make it to him in that time.

My suggestion for this weapon is to make it 2 shot if it is like max 5-6 metres and then reduce damage to 3 shots. Also add a spread, so you can have at least chance against ppl in close range strafing from left to right. It should be a shotgun not a sniper rifle!

• Like 1

Problem with making LTL weapons better is that you'll have a legion of crim players complaining. 

• Like 1

LTL is not mean to be as competitive. 

The downsides are offset by more money/standing/role and adding a huge amount of time to a players respawn timer when arrested.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 10:23 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

LTL is not mean to be as competitive. 

The downsides are offset by more money/standing/role and adding a huge amount of time to a players respawn timer when arrested.

I understand that it has some things like you earn more + the respawn time of arrested enemy. BUT, arrested person can be freed, so that covers the respawn time. And to the money and XP, when you manage to stun enemy, thats only the first part, you must go to him and take time to arrest him, not speaking of teammates or even other crims killing the stunned guy.

So I think it should still be similar with ttk as normal weapons. Now primary LTL (except OGPL) are useless and you can only use PIG + perc to get some decent amount of arrests. It needs a FIX!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 4:16 AM, JareCzech said:

I understand that it has some things like you earn more + the respawn time of arrested enemy. BUT, arrested person can be freed, so that covers the respawn time. And to the money and XP, when you manage to stun enemy, thats only the first part, you must go to him and take time to arrest him, not speaking of teammates or even other crims killing the stunned guy.

So I think it should still be similar with ttk as normal weapons. Now primary LTL (except OGPL) are useless and you can only use PIG + perc to get some decent amount of arrests. It needs a FIX!

LTL used to be stronger back during the short lived RTW days. It wasn't pretty to say the least. 

Well, sort of that is. LTL is roughly the same as it was in terms of time to stun. Thing is the lethal weapons got a whole lot more deadly*. Was an intentional change for them to leave LTL in the dust. It provides a means of taking an enemy player out of a fight for an extended period of time. Making that on par with a lethal weapon would unfairly tilt combat in favor of enforcers in many missions. 

If LTL took less effort to stun they'd have to bring down the stun and arrest timer at the very least. It would require them to re-work how an entire type of weapon functions. One that already seems to work quite nicely as-is in a niche. I think it would be best that they not tempt fate and revamp something like that. More to lose then they have to gain. 

* unrelated whining: the TTK change caused so many damned problems. Missions, maps, and the game in general were never designed around that short TTK. Still have all sorts of problems resulting from that. With the attempted fixes only seeming to have exacerbated the problem. 

• Like 1

They were never meant to be equal to lethal weapons,  they've always been inferior for a reason.

Itd be unbalanced if they were any stronger then they are now, strong enough to go against lethal weapons without a disadvantage

If you want to play stabba then the viable build is: CCG + PIG + Percs. If you want to buff stabba then reduce the recoil on CCG so the crosshair doesn't shake that much. The cop role should unlock versions with open slots of CCG and nl-9. Rework the nl-9 so that is an LTL JG but with 490 stamina damage or so.

• Like 1

I feel like the longer respawn mechanic is just the true bad-y here. I believe (BELIEVE) that when the arrested person just pops out to the respawnscreen after just 4-5 seconds and then gets the spawning map with the 8(?) second AUTO-spawn timer >BUT< they can click on a spawn point to IMMIDIATLY spawn somewhere (no countdown timer), it wouldn't be as frustrating (numbers aligned so that the total respawning times is even a little faster than the standard non-ltl death spawns). I believe that if this would be implemented, playing against LTL would be less infuriating as the player quickly gets the opportunity to strike back (and even get a quick strategical position!).

If this was done, LTL can get a VERY SLIGHT buff in terms of weapon consistency, right now LTL feels a bit clunky as to whether an opposing criminal has high or low stamina.

Since cookie is just massing the same message across threads, I will do the same.

I honestly feel after 10,000+ hours (7000 hours on my main Steam account alone,) in this game that LTL is perfectly balanced. the only thing I would ask for is the permanent LTL weapons on Armas.

Even if it had to come down to being Max rank cop or whichever rank you are for the corresponding weapons awarded at each level first, that would be a pretty fair trade off.

It does get tedious purchasing the Stun OPGL a bunch. Maybe perm. explosive weapons too for everyone with the same system. If you've unlocked the rank in game to get the weapon, you can purchase it indefinitely.

Crims don't use tasers in the real world. This game is meant to emulate some things of the real world. Granted it's a video game, tough.

Remove ram raiding then, lol. See, that's pointless, crims get to do things cops don't & vice versa. There is no problem with LTL. It's a great dynamic for this game. Plus people lose stamina from other weapons systems or falling from heights, adds to the stuns effectiveness.

Stop thinking everything needs to be removed or balanced because another faction lacks access to them. Plus it helps people fulfill their role in the game. Adds to the feeling of being an Enforcer or Criminal.

What next? Remove cops lights & sirens from Enforcers? Now you're just making it a bland team DM game. I feel everyone needs to stop to just stop whining & have fun.

I don't see why people feel LTL is underpowered. I feel it's more effective than lethal & well balanced.

2 hours ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

Since cookie is just massing the same message across threads, I will do the same.

Sorry, it's just the same LTL threads pop up over and over and over again. 

Very well written post btw. 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 3:37 AM, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

Stop thinking everything needs to be removed or balanced because another faction lacks access to them. Plus it helps people fulfill their role in the game. Adds to the feeling of being an Enforcer or Criminal.

What next? Remove cops lights & sirens from Enforcers? Now you're just making it a bland team DM game. I feel everyone needs to stop to just stop whining & have fun.

factions must be balanced . in 2015, the developers Announced that the criminals will be Stabba . there are various types of signal FLASHING beacons . Signal flashing beacons and beams are intended for giving a flashing light signal of operational services and services of national economic appointment. (orange, blue, red, white-moon ).

Edited by Yood

The only big problem i see with LTL is the really long criminal spawn if you get arrested. I already suggested a fix for this. A criminal who is arrested would have two options, either choose to respawn instantly or wait for his teammate to save him. Of course there should be a short timer within which he has to choose

On 3/5/2019 at 4:32 AM, TacticallyRed said:

They were never meant to be equal to lethal weapons,  they've always been inferior for a reason.

Itd be unbalanced if they were any stronger then they are now, strong enough to go against lethal weapons without a disadvantage

You clearly didn't play the RTW version or see any of the videos, LTL were really good back then

Some people are extremely good with these. Maybe once you upgrade them to enable mods, then they would be easier to use. 

On 5/6/2019 at 11:47 PM, Spoiled said:

Some people are extremely good with these. Maybe once you upgrade them to enable mods, then they would be easier to use. 

Sure if you're top tier gold player against anyone below your skill, it doesn't mean that LTL is too powerful. Stunning and arresting is high risk high reward gameplay, free modding wouldn't make them much stronger as they're somewhat underpowered, most of the preset modded versions are terrible and need some mod changes.