Ketog

The RedHill Institute thread

Ya know, I kinda regret spending an ingame day staring at St Medina's Hospital and Devil Dog hoping they'd thrown a hint in there.

12 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Do you really want more target dates and times only for the potential of them to be missed and to be left feeling disappointed or would you not know.

yes thats what i want

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xTRIPPYGOD said:

today is friday and 0 info?

You're kidding, right?

But in case you're not:

Just because where you live it's daylight right now, doesn't mean that Little Orbit staff have to wake in the middle of midnight because you can't wait.

My guess is that you will have to wait at least half day more.

Btw we still didn't get an explaination while sometimes it's A. partridge and sometimes A partige 🤣

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

Btw we still didn't get an explaination while sometimes it's A. partridge and sometimes A partige 🤣

We did. ShyLO said in Discord that it was a typo, and was going to fix it. It should be A. Partridge.

I've removed several posts as they weren't related to the topic at hand. 

Discussions are fine to be had, but keep them relevant to the current topic, it might be more appropriate to make a new thread if you want to discuss something.

~@mayii

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 3/28/2019 at 4:07 PM, MattScott said:

The original release date for RIOT was yesterday, but I made the call not to rush the mode based on continuing feedback from testing.

Did you have enough resources to test with a full district?
Past experience shows that everything works differently in reality. This would help open OTW now 😞

And it will be interesting to hear your hopes for this mode before it starts. Have you eliminated what has disturbed past events?

- Every 10 seconds, someone must be spawn behind.
- Square territories. Zones are parts of the (street) district. This game should not be so.
- There is no musical accompaniment. Silence.
- Complete unavailability for beginners. I guess you want to make some noise with this mode. Waiting for new players? They will be destroyed by the grandmasters millions hours in apb, ntec, ofc.
If the entry threshold is high in APB itself and this cannot be changed, then RIOT should be as accessible as possible to beginners (i think it: no percs, no rank limit. All weapons and modifications are buy/find in the match itself.
So that players with 255 ranks have 0 advantages over those who entered the game for the first time.

(Beginners do not think that they need to levelup in the game/buy weapons for money to play normally. Players do not think that the game is decided by the donate),

You said that players can enter the area with their weapons... It upset me, really. Why did you do that? 😞

Edited by vfterlife
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, vfterlife said:

Did you have enough resources to test with a full district?
Past experience shows that everything works differently in reality. This would help open OTW now 😞

And it will be interesting to hear your hopes for this mode before it starts. Have you eliminated what has disturbed past events?

- Every 10 seconds, someone must be spawn behind.
- Square territories. Zones are parts of the (street) district. This game should not be so.
- There is no musical accompaniment. Silence.
- Complete unavailability for beginners. I guess you want to make some noise with this mode. Waiting for new players? They will be destroyed by the grandmasters millions hours in apb, ntec, ofc.
If the entry threshold is high in APB itself and this cannot be changed, then RIOT should be as accessible as possible to beginners (i think it: no percs, no rank limit. All weapons and modifications are buy/find in the match itself.
So that players with 255 ranks have 0 advantages over those who entered the game for the first time.

(Beginners do not think that they need to levelup in the game/buy weapons for money to play normally. Players do not think that the game is decided by the donate),

You said that players can enter the area with their weapons... It upset me, really. Why did you do that? 😞

We haven't done a full district test, but we have gotten fairly close. The plan is to open this to OTW as soon as the mode mechanics are fully working as intended.

There were a lot of lessons learned in Epidemic and Slay Bells. We tried to apply all of them to RIOT. Hopefully, we can collect more feedback from OTW to address items we missed.

The mode was very much designed for new players to jump in and have fun. It only uses randomly grouped teams to help balance things.

Lastly, there are weapons to find. You can also enter the mode with your choice of load out, however you have to collect money in the mode to unlock those weapons for use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, MattScott said:

It only uses randomly grouped teams to help balance things.

Whelp. You lost me there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Whelp. You lost me there.

Yep. Same here, was looking forward to playing this as a group WITH friends. I understand the need for balance and trying to be fair but it just takes away the choice and the fun factor. It's annoying, irritating and infuriating especially in a competitive game where you're trying (most of the time) your best to win in a seasonal timed event. 

Apb is at its best, imo when playing in a group with friends/premade. If anything this is a huge drawback to even coming back to the game. 

4 minutes ago, Teawing said:

Apb is at its best, imo when playing in a group with friends/premade. If anything this is a huge drawback to even coming back to the game. 

Pop is so pathetic on Jericho anymore, playing with a premade is practically cheating. 

That being said, RHIoT seems to be more about new players than the few old players left.

14 minutes ago, Teawing said:

Playing almost any games with friends makes the experience better, although I am getting the impression that RIOT was a game mode intended to be played casually and not competitively.

MattScott may want to reconsider not having friends playing together... but at the same time I know some clans may just make RIOT their stomping ground.

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Pop is so pathetic on Jericho anymore, playing with a premade is practically cheating. 

That being said, RHIoT seems to be more about new players than the few old players left.

If that's the case then I'm a little miffed tbqh. It's the old players who have kept holding on and playing this game, supporting it (myself included) through continuing to buy etc. 

The engine upgrade isn't even out yet, and while I don't know the exact number yet, I'm pretty sure the majority amount of people even playing will be mostly made up of OLD players (plus all their alts) not new players. 

It would be a different story if this event was after engine update where it could start being promoted, but as of now? It sucks because this would have been a major draw to a couple of friends who haven't played in a while to come back, only to then turn out that we can't play together due to not wanting to be unfair to a low amount of new players (I think, if I'm wrong on that please correct me) 

With that said, Jericho pop is so low that when doing missions it's typically premade vs premade most of the time (my own personal experience) 

Not sure why that had to change for this event. I'm just salty but that's my two cents. 

13 minutes ago, Teawing said:

If that's the case then I'm a little miffed tbqh. It's the old players who have kept holding on and playing this game, supporting it (myself included) through continuing to buy etc. 

The engine upgrade isn't even out yet, and while I don't know the exact number yet, I'm pretty sure the majority amount of people even playing will be mostly made up of OLD players (plus all their alts) not new players. 

It would be a different story if this event was after engine update where it could start being promoted, but as of now? It sucks because this would have been a major draw to a couple of friends who haven't played in a while to come back, only to then turn out that we can't play together due to not wanting to be unfair to a low amount of new players (I think, if I'm wrong on that please correct me) 

With that said, Jericho pop is so low that when doing missions it's typically premade vs premade most of the time (my own personal experience) 

Not sure why that had to change for this event. I'm just salty but that's my two cents. 

I feel ya. My wallets like $6k lighter thanks to APB as well. And I didn't mean to imply they are forgetting us, just that the focus kind of has to be on new players if the game is gonna survive. Also, that's all just a guess on my part. 

That is a good point on premade vs premade tho. 

All my friends quit long ago so I'm mostly stuck in solo hell. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teawing said:

the little group of people supporting isnt even an argument if you got 5 people to spend like 500 dollars each you have basically 1 months of salary for 1 employee... good job!

I sent the hex code thingy majig as the header of the email and it sent me an batch ID from a guy, did anyone receive this?

On 3/30/2019 at 6:54 AM, MattScott said:

We tried to apply all of them to RIOT. The mode was very much designed for new players to jump in and have fun. It only uses randomly grouped teams to help balance things.

Lastly, there are weapons to find. You can also enter the mode with your choice of load out, however you have to collect money in the mode to unlock those weapons for use.

in General, this is an interesting concept of the game . I'm curious . WHEN?

March 14, 2019 APB RIOT Reveal

April 6, 2019 APB - not RIOT

RESTORATION REDHILL  HIGHLIGHTS 

97957P65f8.jpg

Matt said:  For those who didn't, be vigilant and keep your eyes open to get more arg experience. It is worth paying attention to details.

Edited by Yood

17 hours ago, AnEvergreenTree said:

I sent the hex code thingy majig as the header of the email and it sent me an batch ID from a guy, did anyone receive this?

You were suppose to redeem the "batch id" into Armas Marketplace however I think you might be too late and was time limited up to last Friday the 30th

18 hours ago, AnEvergreenTree said:

well , you're a bit late to the party my friend , the ARG is finished and the codes aren't valid anymore , sad times .

09/05/2020

Seems like it's not completely done ? the website address as well as the billboards got changed to https://www.redhillinst.com/
unknown.png

Thanks for @KyoukiDotExe for noticing !

It's possible that this changed has been there for longer than we think, as a couple of weeks ago i noticed some billboards changes from the launcher logs

Seems like it's not done ?

I am not sure what you're onto but that website is up and didn't had a single change for years now. Also all this riot thing isn't anything new just a recycled game mode from 2011. People didn't liked it then and seems like next to no one liked it now and that is why that game mode got shut down once again. It's been already two years now? Not sure anymore. But yeah, not sure what will this bring in the future but hopefully something that isn't broken and worthy our time. Because this and those reskined last 4 years halloween events were not really worth anything. I wish I never played them...

The only memorable fun thing was when Asylum was finally fixed (but later they managed to break it again) and later the headless horseman was fun. And the number of people participating further proves the point.