Sanparo,

Smile,

Big-smile,

Joker,

Reloaded

Nothing worked...

Now i need a break... 😜

• Like 1

I can't find RedHill billboards, just the Growl ones.

???

Edit: Nevermind, first time I log in since all this mistery and I was looking at the wrong place, I thought every growl billboard was replaced with RedHill ones ;;; my bad

Edited by NekoSensei

many Easter eggs in games relied on the Morse code . try to pay attention to the pulsating symbols .

Edited by Yood

A new article has been published on the site... about Redhill (or is it still the oddly capitalized RedHill?) celebrating Dentist Day, of all things.

tejfmhp.png

This is either a red herring or something that could work like Chekhov's gun. Y'know, the whole idea of not mentioning things unless they are used in the plot later.

We do have a new name out of it, though - the mysterious C. Pritcher. Perhaps we could try using "cpritcher" as a login? After we find a password, that is. ( ._. )

Edited by MartinPL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pardon the multiposting.

I only just noticed something on the login subpage.

nerrJfI.png

pk2KQny.png

A random jumble of letters outright told me that either the username or the password is wrong.

Inputting 'cpritcher' told me that only the password (in this case, "32584") is incorrect.

I guess we can safely assume that 'cpritcher' is a functioning username. I've been personally using 'admin' since it's the placeholder/catch-all login for most systems (at least according to what I've learned while playing Hacknet :V ) but that doesn't work, and we know that 'MattScott' leads to an easter egg subpage.

Now we need to find a password.

Edited by MartinPL
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

Pardon the multiposting.

nerrJfI.png

pk2KQny.png

A random jumble of letters outright told me that either the username or the password is wrong.

Inputting 'cpritcher' told me that only the password (in this case, "32584") is incorrect.

'cpritcher' is a functioning username. 'admin' is not.

how did you found "cpritcher" ?

Just now, MsRaccooN said:

how did you found "cpritcher" ?

As I've said in the post before that one, the most recent news article on the Redhill Institute site mentions a statement from a Redhill employee, C. Pritcher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartinPL said:

Pardon the multiposting.

nerrJfI.png

pk2KQny.png

I guess we can safely assume that 'cpritcher' is a functioning username. I've been personally using 'admin' since it's the placeholder/catch-all login for most systems (at least according to what I've learned while playing Hacknet :V ) but that doesn't work, and we know that 'MattScott' leads to an easter egg subpage.

Now we need to find a password.

Hmm, cpritcher is mentioned in an article about a dental clinic, the MattScott easter egg URL is /big-smile.

Coincidence?

username - canthony pritchtano

password - b3stt33th1nth3g4m3

• Like 2

guessing it's a third faction that can be opposed to anyone (even Redhill).

Maybe a flag you toggle on.

18 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

username - canthony pritchtano 

password - b3stt33th1nth3g4m3 

i tryed that then i told myself "wait... im re7arded."

Edited by Ketog

4 hours ago, Ketog said:

i tryed that then i told myself "wait... im re7arded."

Same here... lol, for me it was tooooo late to think. 😵

Yesterday i spend around five+ hours or so to investigate for the Dentists day on the 6th of march, the big-smile programm for children to brush theyr teeth in shools..., then entered multiple uncountable and not rememberable password combinations of everything, ended on the search for “the magic word“ found out it was “JEHO-VAH“ dang.... false positive again... then studyed gang-signs, numeric codes from gangs, theyr constitutions etc. (verry interesting btw. 😀) several gang-slangs.. then thinked that the Bloods (because the Bloodroses) is a part of the riddle.... daaaamn, wrong way again. Then landed on cryptographic pages where you can encode and decode eveything into everything with hundreds of several codecs and algorithms.... theeeeen ended on code tables for translating old lost treasures, like the “Golden owl“ in france, wich is still unfound etc. after that i ended up on searching for cpritcher on the whole internet... found several email adresses with that wording cpritcher@.... 🙃

After all i reread the articles on the RH homepage and stumbled over the “One eye for one teth“ text part... searched for it, found out it is a part of a old M*A*S*H episode then thinked “Damn i need some popcorn to watch the good old M*A*S*H episodes“ the end from that ultimative searching was that i had opened around 30 browser-tabs, some pdf's, word files, some online tools to encode and decode, movies, etc.

Then i see some ipv6 adresses and thinked that they eventually have to do with the first code part because some includes the part “c0d3“ in it.......

Aaaand the final conclusion:

My whole System crashed and i thinked “FU“ and i went to bed with sqare-shaped eyes and a bubbly brain. 😵

Tomorrow my search will go on!

And my first part is to look again for “Big-Smile“, “the gang signs“ and grafittis ingame and on the internet, plus searching intensively on the “One eye for one teth“ thing connection between Redhillinstitute article and this one M*A*S*H episode....

Edit: And not to forget, looking for the IPv6 thing. 😀

Over and out sanparians...

C ya all tomorrow. 😉

Edited by SpeedyCat
search result updates
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SpeedyCat said:

Over and out sanparians...

C ya all tomorrow. 😉

According to the news post "RedHill opens up shop - New Projects Abound as Manufacturing Increases"

we are called "San Paroites "

3 hours ago, Zolerox said:

According to the news post "RedHill opens up shop - New Projects Abound as Manufacturing Increases"

The lore itself is not concise about the exact term used to describe people of San Paro. You will see "San Paroites" in one place, "San Parites" in another, and "San Parians" even somewhere else. Think of that what you want - I personally like that touch of San Paro's culture not being uniformized in all aspects, not even the linguistic one. I mean, the city's in a terrible state due to the crime epidemic, I think the vocabulary is the least of their worries 😛

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zolerox said:

3 hours ago, MartinPL said:

The lore itself is not concise about the exact term used to describe people of San Paro. You will see "San Paroites" in one place, "San Parites" in another, and "San Parians" even somewhere else. Think of that what you want - I personally like that touch of San Paro's culture not being uniformized in all aspects, not even the linguistic one. I mean, the city's in a terrible state due to the crime epidemic, I think the vocabulary is the least of their worries 😛

Not exactly on topic, but I once put "San Paro" into google translate and this is what it gave me...

issIy9A.png

I doubt its correct, but given the length of the conflict in the city... it seemed apt.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I doubt its correct, but given the length of the conflict in the city... it seemed apt.

It's... actually scarily apt. I've looked the same thing up on SpanishDict.

CXhg7rK.png

Ain't that a prophetic name for a city.

well, i went through all pages again for any obvious hardcoded messages and no such luck.

with the job openings changing, could we guess what job C Pritcher holds? 

the '/c0d3' page remains unchanged so i assume that's just roadblocked at the "6ac20d50-____-4f0f-____-____________"  UUID when redeeming in armas

the new login page acknowledges there's a "cpritcher" user which is an obvious blaring tell.. so for shigs i went through every crim contact's name in that format, and praetorians, also no beans.

i'd agree the mattscott login just being an easteregg. went and checked lixil, selali, and ritual as well, no go.

basically, they want us to figure out what this guy's password is through some meta info somewhere (maybe)

OR

theres something we're glossing over, either on site or ingame, that solves that UUID. 

perhaps there's nothing here and its just a crawl release of lore for RIOT mode   which would be the lames thing ever

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, iMiss said:

perhaps there's nothing here and its just a crawl release of lore for RIOT mode   which would be the lames thing ever

I understand why they would go for a crawl release - to prevent people from instantly solving the whole puzzle and all of its parts right away. Still, I feel your pain here, but I don't think it's too bad (as in, it's not the lamest thing ever). After all, this is a series of puzzles, no matter how simple they might be. We aren't given the solution right away or such - for example, nobody told us to use 32584 in Armas, or that Armas would even be involved here.

(Truth be told, I've always wanted to participate in an ARG kinda like this, but I've always been late to the party. And hey, this ARG is related to a fictional world that I already know and love!)

On 3/14/2019 at 9:33 PM, SpeedyCat said:

Tryed:

Riot,

Development,

Business,

Please,

pl3453,

Dev,

God,

Mattscott,

Devildog,

Medicine,

Redhill,

C0d3,

Bloodrose,

Engine,

Institute,

Sanparo,

Smile,

Big-smile,

Joker,

Reloaded

Nothing worked...

Now i need a break... 😜

matt.gif

What if magic word is actually "magic" ? 🤔

Since none's posted anything yet, Username is "cpritcher" and password is "g@ngs1gns".
You login to an email client, and one of the emails has an attached picture.

The code thus far is 6ac20d50-_ _ _ _-4f0f-_ _ _ _-3ec51de745d7

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I mean, it was not that hard to figure out what is it going to be, since there's literally no updates with new content.

43 minutes ago, Wewhoo said:

Since none's posted anything yet, Username is "cpritcher" and password is "g@ngs1gns".
You login to an email client, and one of the emails has an attached picture.

The code thus far is 6ac20d50-_ _ _ _-4f0f-_ _ _ _-3ec51de745d7

Login error appearing since 10 minutes ago

49QFjdy.png

Login have been changed again 2 minutes ago, both Username and Password looks to be wrong

Seems they updating something

Update: Username and Password working again after 5 minutes of being wrong

Edited by Guest

none of the other employees are recognized as a user, and it seems we can't expect pritcher to be back for a couple days to get things moving. 

none of the other directories have anything in them, even sent mail.

from what i gather, riddle's the head hog.

and that could be telling us the next thing involves a riddle

lol at HR being named H Arnelle, literally HR again.