Ketog

The RedHill Institute thread

7 minutes ago, Doom32 said:

😂😂😂 

aight mate, you said:
"by the popular gas station on the sign there is graffiti sprayed over"

obviously I thought you meant the RedHill signs that everyone is talking about in here...
as kev already said, these graffiti been there for ages and they're all over the city so therefore they're not relevant.

anyway, you made an honest mistake and thought this was something new in the game... can happen, no sweat.

patch incoming... "minor background maintenance"... sounds like the ARG may continue LUL

22 hours ago, Doom32 said:

never noticed it since i've been playing, and i've looked at those signs before i feel like because the gas prices are ridiculous on it lol.

Those were extremely normal gas prices in the U.S. at the time APB was made though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

Those were extremely normal gas prices in the U.S. at the time APB was made though.

they arent even that far off for me, $2.50-ish a gallon last time i filled my tank

• Like 1

Billboards got a fresh look (Screenshot provided by @Ruoskat)

37v6cRF.png

• Thanks 2

They added the number "32584" to the billboard as well now?

The website doesn't seem to of been updated upon first glance.

3 new news articles on the website

Redhill seems to handle themselves well in Court....

2 minutes ago, MStomm said:

3 new news articles on the website

Redhill seems to handle themselves well in Court....

there's also a login button now!

Just now, Snubnose said:

there's also a login button now!

Since there is no Sign up, Im guessing we will have to dig a lot deeper to find the credentials of an admin to "Login" to the site.

Just now, MoeEveryWeek said:

Since there is no Sign up, Im guessing we will have to dig a lot deeper to find the credentials of an admin to "Login" to the site.

Guess I'll try the usual

"Admin"

"password"

Just now, MStomm said:

Guess I'll try the usual

"Admin"

"password"

already tried that LMAO

• Like 1

LMAO @ the part where the girl talks about being infected cuz her period's late :^)

Couldn't find anyone mentioning this, but it may be relevant.

I googled the last part of the URL of the 404 page (https://www.redhillinstitute.com/c0d3) and found a website regarding something to do with a JavaScript training company / engineering firm. 

https://c0d3.com/

Perhaps its just them spelling out "code", but in the off chance its not...

On a sidenote, playing Dennis Nedry's line over and over while watching https://www.redhillinstitute.com/big-smile is quite entertaining.

Edited by thesamscout24

Damn, using "please" as the password doesn't change anything

• Like 2

So as others have pointed out, logging in with a wrong/random password leads you to a gif of matt saying "ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word" which is a jurassic park reference.

The magic word is most likely the password for the user mattscott.

It's been ages since I watched that movie, but maybe someone else can make a connection. Is there anything in JP that could resemble something from APB, or RedHill? Or vice-versa.

//Edit: I think there might be some reference in the new articles they've put on the page. Not too sure...

Edited by GhosT

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

So as others have pointed out, logging in with a wrong/random password leads you to a gif of matt saying "ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word" which is a jurassic park reference.

The magic word is most likely the password for the user mattscott.

It's been ages since I watched that movie, but maybe someone else can make a connection. Is there anything in JP that could resemble something from APB, or RedHill? Or vice-versa.

//Edit: I think there might be some reference in the new articles they've put on the page. Not too sure...

dinosaurs confirmed for new content?

Well the Institute website updated during the time I was at work yesterday.

A new factory opens up in San Paro with more details to come but vaccine production is still on going.

"Emergency override" giving approval to proceed on human trials being rushed.

Also Redhill Institute was cleared in court after a 27 employees have reported injuries, but they were all conveniently failed drug tests in hospital...

I find myself unable to rule out unable to also rule out that the new sewage system built may of contributed to these failed drug tests.

2 new job postings?

"Litigation Attorney" and "First Officer - Pilot"

• Thanks 1

I think logging in as Matt Scott is just an easter egg instead of an actual part of the ARG. I doubt that a real person would be put in this narrative as an in-universe character. Especially when we consider that the /big-smile subpage only appears if an attempt is made to log in with the username "MattScott"; other usernames just respond with "Incorrect username or password." in red text.

• Like 3

The password in JP was "mr. goodbytes". None of the variations thereof (with without space, dot, and capitalization) work and result in the same screen.

SQL Injection doesn't seem to work either

Edited by Inquitoria
  • Like 3

Ah yes, thy famous "EASTER EGG" hunt, what a very nice niche 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

The password in JP was "mr. goodbytes". None of the variations thereof (with without space, dot, and capitalization) work and result in the same screen.

SQL Injection doesn't seem to work either

They probably aren't going to waste their time making a database for something this small. They just hardcoded the password & username into the backend and left it there. Or this could be like an online web portal to be able to check your stats and etc. We will see really. Best is yet to come.

Edited by YeOldLegends

7 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:

They probably aren't going to waste their time making a database for something this small. They just hardcoded the password & username into the backend and left it there. Or this could be like an online web portal to be able to check your stats and etc. We will see really. Best is yet to come.

Wrong.

They already have a database for the emails stored in the newsletter form.