Ketog

The RedHill Institute thread

1 minute ago, Nanometic said:

The only other thing I found that stuck out was some coordinates within the HTML source, could be nothing though.

80D0TKU.jpg

their phone number could possibly fit the first 2 blanks for the whole code, right?
so basically:
6ac20d50-9385-4f0f-2650-____________

could be wrong though since the other sections have letters in them...

All hail MOVVOM

19 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

The only other thing I found last night that stuck out was some coordinates within the HTML source, could be nothing though.

WafX5To.jpg

80D0TKU.jpg

the hidden message here is "CBA ATM"

which are two very common abbreviations to say they didn't go further with the arg yet

(jk sorry)

Edited by neophobia

18 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

WafX5To.jpg

956cb2d6610d47bb57a07da425d31f62.jpg

This is what it shows on street view

On 3/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, rooq said:

*cough*

(R)edhill

(I)nstitute

(O)f

(T)echnology

rooq spoiling the fun again smh

• Like 1

Guys, is Tiny Dog canon? His existence confuses me profusely
bb88e1a61b.png

25 minutes ago, Acornie said:

Guys, is Tiny Dog canon? His existence confuses me profusely

[image]

afaik they have to do it like that so that you can interact with the laptop as if its a contact (devildog, in this case)

maybe on the new engine there would be a way around it but its not canon

32 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

afaik they have to do it like that so that you can interact with the laptop as if its a contact (devildog, in this case)

maybe on the new engine there would be a way around it but its not canon

Twas a bit of a joke my good sir, it's still weird, sort of like 4th wall breaking to know there's a Tiny Dog that's under that box... then again there's friggen Elves. Are they real elves? Demented midgets masquerading as elves? It's... too much

Edited by Acornie

Just now, Acornie said:

Twas a bit of a joke my good sir, it's still weird, sort of like 4th wall breaking to know there's a Tiny Dog that exists... then again there's friggen Elves. Are they real elves? Demented midgets masquerading as elves? It's... too much

the elves broke out of asylum, they just think they're elves

#protectthelore

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reposting my message in the Discord here:

The code from ARMAS appears to be a UUID https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier

It's in hex, format of 8-4-4-4-12 digits. The format is explained here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier#Format

Code is 6ac20d50-____-4f0f-____-____________

The first 4 bits in the middle part (in this case 4) indicate the version of UUID used. Version 4 is random: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier#Version_4_(random)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe the code itself contains some hints. I don't know enough about UUIDs to be able to interpret it any further.

Also found this, but probably not relevant:

6ac20d50 ---> Hex to decimal: 1791102288 ---> Unix timestamp for: Sun, 04 Oct 2026 08:24:48 +0000

Maybe someone else can find some meaning out of it.

EDIT:

inb4 "Sun, 04 Oct 2026 08:24:48 +0000 is release date of engine upgrade lmoa"

Edited by Inquitoria
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

Reposting my message in the Discord here:

The code from ARMAS appears to be a UUID https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier

It's in hex, format of 8-4-4-4-12 digits. The format is explained here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier#Format

Code is 6ac20d50-____-4f0f-____-____________

The first 4 bits in the middle part (in this case 4) indicate the version of UUID used. Version 4 is random: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier#Version_4_(random)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe the code itself contains some hints. I don't know enough about UUIDs to be able to interpret it any further.

Also found this, but probably not relevant:

6ac20d50 ---> Hex to decimal: 1791102288 ---> Unix timestamp for: Sun, 04 Oct 2026 08:24:48 +0000

Maybe someone else can find some meaning out of it.

Yes, thats what i find out too...

I have seen some on my research while i drive with the bus home from work...

I share later some stuff....

More info:

The actual redeeming of the code on ARMAS is hardcoded into the JavaScript for the webpage, found in _js/store/redeem_code.js

if (the_code === '32584') {
            setTimeout(function () {
                $('#button_loader').hide();
                $('#redeem_code').show();
                $('#the_code').val('');
                $('.message').removeClass('message_red').addClass('message_green').html('You have completed Part 1. The first part of the code is 6ac20d50-____-4f0f-____-____________').fadeIn();
            }, 1500);
            return false;
        }

This means any future codes will probably show up here as well. For now, it's the only hardcoded one.

Edited by Inquitoria
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

More info:

The actual redeeming of the code on ARMAS is hardcoded into the JavaScript for the webpage, found in _js/store/redeem_code.js

if (the_code === '32584') {
            setTimeout(function () {
                $('#button_loader').hide();
                $('#redeem_code').show();
                $('#the_code').val('');
                $('.message').removeClass('message_red').addClass('message_green').html('You have completed Part 1. The first part of the code is 6ac20d50-____-4f0f-____-____________').fadeIn();
            }, 1500);
            return false;
        }

This means any future codes will probably show up here as well. For now, it's the only hardcoded one.

You're going to make it harder for them to add a code, since you dug that out! 😄

I don't think a code will appear any more in there.

Still, worth keeping an eye on that

Think it should be this:

6ac20d50-c0d3-4f0f-____-____________

Because i found some guid on web that begins exactly this way:

img_20190308_1453060ck0i.png

img_20190308_1452304rj7v.png

Eventually this can help to back engineer the timestamps, etc:

http://guid.one/guid/make

Edit: As i see, a clock sequence and node id is missing....

Edited by SpeedyCat

7 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

Think it should be this:

6ac20d50-c0d3-4f0f-____-____________

Because i found some guid on web that begins exactly this way:

Nah, your searches for the 4 digits will obviously turn stuff up. Keep in mind it's (pseudo)random, and the internet is full of those, so of course you will find some.

You cannot really back engineer the UUID if it's version 4. It's random, there is no structure to the data.

EDIT: that being said, there is of course the chance that it's a custom made UUID and not a randomly generated one. Still, I think we're stuck for now, waiting for LO to drop more stuff.

Edited by Inquitoria
  • Like 1

Update on the ARMAS redeem page:

From what I can tell, there is no functionality to display messages from the server, when a code is inputted. There is the hardcoded response for the RedHill code, and there are the normal ones. All the normal messages, like "Your code was successfully redeemed", are also hardcoded into the JavaScript, depending on what the server responds with when redeeming a code.

In other words, I think ARMAS is a dead end for now, since there is only 1 hardcoded code, and there is no way (that I can find) for the server to respond with anything other than standard, boring messages.

There is of course the possibility that there is a secret code, that just redeems normally, but sends us in-game mail or something similar, but I doubt that's the case. At least for now, I think we should focus elsewhere than ARMAS.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

Hmmm, seen that every Thread on the forums has a 4 digit numer in the link...

Only wild speculation....

The UE3.5 Thread has this link:

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/7786-progress-with-ue35-integration/

Number: 7786

Eventually the next 4 Digits?! 🤔

That code is an auto-incremented value for every single thread made on the forums, so I doubt they'd use that

Yes i know, but the thread was older than the Red Hills page, or i am wrong?

6 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

Yes i know, but the thread was older than the Red Hills page, or i am wrong?

From a whois lookup: 

Creation Date: 2019-02-08T01:20:14Z

So it's about a week older, could it be part of the code? All these theories

• Like 1

all i have to say about an ARG is keep the big picture in mind, don't narrow in too much on one single detail or you'll throw yourself off.

EDIT:

We pride ourselves on attracting, developing and engaging an unconventional mix of talent that enables us to think different, act different, and deliver above average results.

i giggled.

EDIT 2:

oh, and the logo looks more like a heart monitor to me than a graph.

Edited by Similarities

3 hours ago, Similarities said:

EDIT 2:

oh, and the logo looks more like a heart monitor to me than a graph.

It doesn't look like a electrocardiograph, It could be a bloop pressure but I don't think it's intended to be any medical related visual representation.

For what it's worth. there is clearly a positive correlation of red taking over the blue... In APB what is represented by the colours red that has been on the rise, and what is represented by the colour blue?

I have dug through all of the website scripts and http requests and tried getting hex strings out of the images used on their website and then decoding that with ascii, utf8 and base64 but found nothing interesting.

Maybe they haven't released everything yet.

I will try few more things.

Red = Crimes

Blue = Enforcer

👍

So btw, has anybody tryed to use an ASCII editor to view or search on the RedHill homepage? Eventually there is a hidden message?! Idk, this idea came over me when i tryed to reconvert the timestamp.... 🤔

29 minutes ago, Thial said:

I have dug through all of the website scripts and http requests and tried getting hex strings out of the images used on their website and then decoding that with ascii, utf8 and base64 but found nothing interesting.

Maybe they haven't released everything yet.

I will try few more things.

Oh lol, havent red your post... 😵

I used this app on my phone:

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=duy.com.text_converter

Becazse atm my Computer us not working. 😧

Edited by SpeedyCat
  • Thanks 1