Ketog

The RedHill Institute thread

These guys give me some "Umbrella Corporation" vibes.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, rooq said:

*cough*

(R)edhill

(I)nstitute

(O)f

(T)echnology

swine, i didnt see your post, now i am the fool!

Redhill is clearly a uMoldbro Industries rebrand

• Like 1

Holy shit, this is pretty cool.  I love how they went the extra mile and made a website for it.  It's also nice to see those Growl billboards go.  In some spots up to around 5 of them could be seen in a single screenshot.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Word2 said:

As far as I remember, Red Hill is a location of Asylum in the original lore, as well as Arlon Bejamin's. If you check his daughter's bio, she is (by some) refered as "daughter to the Red Hill garbage king".

Makes me wonder how does a tech institute fit into that.

iyk1JGa.png

The only references I can find to Asylum's History anymore are in this old Wordpress website, and sadly it doesn't make any reference to Red Hill: https://sanparojournal.wordpress.com/tag/abington/

30 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Holy shit, this is pretty cool.  I love how they went the extra mile and made a website for it.  It's also nice to see those Growl billboards go.  In some spots up to around 5 of them could be seen in a single screenshot.

If anything I would prefer it if more billboards were placed with RedHill.

I just took a drive through financial and I was only able to locate one instance of the new billboard (the one depicted in the op screenshot).

Mooore!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rooq said:

I just took a drive through financial and I was only able to locate one instance of the new billboard (the one depicted in the op screenshot).

Mooore!

Yeah, you would think that with their goal of "Cleaning up San Paro" they would be a bit more widespread with their advertising (or propaganda, depending on how you think it's going to turn out)   I could see this turning out to be a project of Luke Waskawi or something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rooq said:

Mooore!

I was only able to find 2 so far (including the one depicted). The other one is close to city hall

NfaeTq7.png

• Like 1

Now for me it may seem to be some preparations to expand the lore following the engine upgrade, I mean we are kind of close to 3.5 upgrade and these signs start to show up after at least a year of the same city theme

6 hours ago, rooq said:

*cough*

(R)edhill

(I)nstitute

(O)f

(T)echnology

Too obvious. 

Clearly this has something to do with aliens.

take your damn upvote.. how in hell did I miss that after staring at that page for so long.

Edited by Genobee
I type real good like

riot games is taking over?

Hopeful: New content like a vehicle or RIOT mode or something.

Expecting: Shitting on lore.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting!

I'll go bother my people to go bother their people. We'll do lunch.

19 hours ago, -Rachel- said:

I'm guessing they're bad guys.

Faceless unknown company spouting PR nonsense and promising a brighter future? Totally bad guys.

12 hours ago, Akumaka said:

These guys give me some "Umbrella Corporation" vibes.

Could this be the new PvE we I have been waiting for?

16 hours ago, rooq said:

*cough*

(R)edhill

(I)nstitute

(O)f

(T)echnology

Aw.

Still I am excite. 

14 hours ago, Word2 said:

As far as I remember, Red Hill is a location of Asylum in the original lore, as well as Arlon Bejamin's. If you check his daughter's bio, she is (by some) refered as "daughter to the Red Hill garbage king".

I thought Red Hill was a place out near "Midtown" due to it having a distant association with the Red Rain gang, and being more factory/industrial-orientated city zone.

Red Hill is mentioned in Bonita, Arlon, Strega's, and Miguel's biography.
It's also mentioned in the Random Reward emails: "Mika Wong Report: PRAETORIANS", "Biography: Nightlife", "Biography: Geography (Part 2)", "Biography: Jane Derren (Part 2)", and "Magazine Excerpt: Effigy (June)".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roxl said:

I thought Red Hill was a place out near "Midtown" due to it having a distant association with the Red Rain gang, and being more factory/industrial-orientated city zone.

Red Hill is mentioned in Bonita, Arlon, Strega's, and Miguel's biography.
It's also mentioned in the Random Reward emails: "Mika Wong Report: PRAETORIANS", "Biography: Nightlife", "Biography: Geography (Part 2)", "Biography: Jane Derren (Part 2)", and "Magazine Excerpt: Effigy (June)".

Uh-oh. Red Hill gonna turn out to be big player for criminal faction?

Wouldn't be suprised that crim vs enf war is in reality corporation war.

Edited by Mitne

3 hours ago, Mitne said:

Wouldn't be suprised that crim vs enf war is in reality corporation war.

That was always one of the (in my opinion) bigger themes in APB's lore. "Enforcers versus Criminals" is a big simplification of what is actually several corporate fronts playing the violence and turmoil caused by Luke Waskawi's killing of Mayor John Derren to their advantage.

Praetorian Corporation is a Private Military Contractor - even though their goal is to eliminate crime in San Paro, it certainly won't hurt them if their mission takes a bit too long.

The Effigy magazine plays the population of San Paro with the headlines they publish, graciously funded/influenced by corporate money.

I'd say the Joker Corporation is the biggest beneficiary of the crisis in San Paro. They source ammunition to both sides of the conflict (Joker Ammunition vending machines), sell their original weaponry (Joker Gunworks brand, giving us things such as the CR-5 and the SR15 Carbine) - and if we assume that Joker Distribution front in Social is part of the lore, they also serve as a distributor for other companies, middlemanning in the sale of guns and cars (for example, Charge and Nulander).

Now that RedHill is joining the fray as a corporation... we could see some stuff happen. More than just the Riot Mode, hopefully.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 6:18 PM, Word2 said:

iyk1JGa.png

This is cool but everyone is highligting "RIOT"

But seeing what you posted i see as RHIT as Red Hill is in two words and the O of "of" is small .

and still if i watch the website i see RHIOT as the Red Hill is still in two parts

logo.png

So maybe im wrong but it doesn't seem to be that , at least for me .

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 7:43 AM, -Rachel- said:

I'm guessing they're bad guys.

Faceless unknown company spouting PR nonsense and promising a brighter future? Totally bad guys.

haha that made me laugh, sounds about right 🙂