Ketog

The RedHill Institute thread

I mean someone had to do it right ? ...

So yesterday , some players noticed these new signs around san paro (this one is in finnancial close to double B)  taking the place of Growl signs , there are a few more in other districts but i don't know the location of them .

If you find some more ads  with this on them , hit me up with coordinates or a screenshot and i will add it to ths thread.

unknown.png

Financial Billboards :

More of these billboards : the first one is close to City hall and the second one is on the outside of Javez's building . (Screenshots provided by @Kevkof)

NfaeTq7.png            unknown.png

Waterfront Billboards :

With the help of friends we were able to predict where the billboards would appear in game after this update , so there we go , as we expected this update added the redhill billboards to waterfront :

Waterfront : Granada (though the billboard is technically in yard stretch slums)

unknown.png

Waterfront : Sandford  & Del mar (billboard is technically in sandford keep)

unknown.png

Waterfront : Neritina Road (billboard is technically in Millenium Plaza)

unknown.png

Also that ad shows a link going towards a website called http://www.redhillinstitute.com Here's what it looks like:

RedHill Website 03/01/2019

Capture_decran_-_2019-03-01_a_10.26.13.pCapture_decran_-_2019-03-01_a_10.26.25.pCapture_decran_-_2019-03-01_a_10.27.03.p

Capture_decran_-_2019-03-01_a_10.26.29.pCapture_decran_-_2019-03-01_a_10.27.00.pCapture_decran_-_2019-03-01_a_10.26.33.pCapture_decran_-_2019-03-01_a_10.26.53.p

RedHill Website 03/06/2019

Open the image to see all details as it's a very high resolution image.

UJSFI3n.jpg

The website seems to be showcasting a company called RedHill, taking care of san paro in many different ways .

Some people have noted that the initials of RedHill Insitute of Technology could be "RIOT" but it has been discussed a but more and this could totally be a wrong assumption as it could also be RHIT or RHIOT depending on how people read it .

From here, i will post everything that was found with dates (i will be using spoilers to avoid clutter) :

03/07/2019

@Nanometic with the help of @SKay found this hidden link on the page :

ijaDsCA.jpg

Which redirects to https://www.redhillinstitute.com/c0d3 The page itself shows a fake 404 error message however if you select the whole page by doing ctrl + a you get a code :

unknown.png

Entering this 32584 code in your redeem code page will show you the following :

ARG1.PNG

"You have completed Part 1. The first part of the code is 6ac20d50-____-4f0f-____-____________"

Also in the page's Javascripts those coordinates were found "-33.91727341958453, 151.23348314155578" which are probably for a future embeed of google maps in the website, those coordinates points to an australian university :

80D0TKU.jpg

At This point , everone pretty much hit a roadblock, seems like we need to wait a bit more to see what's going to appear next.

03/13/2019

Today both finnancial and waterfront billboards changed their appearence , they now include the code at their bottom right, with an overall new layout. (Screenshot provided by @Ruoskat)

37v6cRF.png

03/14/2019

The redhill website got updated again :

(Open the image to see all details as it's a very high resolution image.)

t0YklLl.jpg

Also a new login button was added on top the page which redirects here :

UXnT73b.png

the only credentials that were found yet are MattScott as an username and any password which redirects to this page https://www.redhillinstitute.com/big-smile (Most likely just an easter egg , and not linked with the ARG)

03/16/2019

The player @MartinPL after some found a valid username for the website "cpritcher" using data from an article recently added to the redhill website

On 3/15/2019 at 11:44 PM, MartinPL said:

Pardon the multiposting.

I only just noticed something on the login subpage.

nerrJfI.png

pk2KQny.png

A random jumble of letters outright told me that either the username or the password is wrong.

Inputting 'cpritcher' told me that only the password (in this case, "32584") is incorrect.

I guess we can safely assume that 'cpritcher' is a functioning username. I've been personally using 'admin' since it's the placeholder/catch-all login for most systems (at least according to what I've learned while playing Hacknet :V ) but that doesn't work, and we know that 'MattScott' leads to an easter egg subpage.

Now we need to find a password.

Now we need to find a valid password to be able to acess this account ?

03/19/2019

@Latsha Noticed that the login screen was starting to give players hints about the password for cpritcher's account :

unknown.png

After some digging around @Wewhoo found the password which was "gangsigns" written in l33t speech which is "g@ngs1gns", with that , he got acess to cpritcher's inbox and found some intresting stuff :

On 3/18/2019 at 9:34 PM, Wewhoo said:

Since none's posted anything yet, Username is "cpritcher" and password is "g@ngs1gns".
You login to an email client, and one of the emails has an attached picture.

The code thus far is 6ac20d50-_ _ _ _-4f0f-_ _ _ _-3ec51de745d7

unknown.png

In one of the mails there was an attached file which was a bluprint for a bomb :

bomb_blueprint.jpg

On the bottom left corner of that blueprint we can see "Batch ID" and a series no numbers which happens to correspond with the code we found a while ago which was "6ac20d50-____-4f0f-____-____________",

So now we know that the code is : "6ac20d50-____-4f0f-____-3ec51de745d7"

Seems like there's a lot more to find in here , as we only have one of the 3 blueprint pages .

03/20/2019

The redhill website seems like it was hacked showing a corrupted image of the website :

There is posibbly a lot of information shown in the screenshot below but nothing has been found yet.

pwned.png

There has been speculations that the bottom part of the page is hiding the number 3947

On 3/20/2019 at 10:52 PM, Pufty said:

Okay, so far...
I don't see anyone mention it here, but the ASCII is simply ASCII art that says Redhill.

shHU7xS.jpg

The website currently might be just for gathering information of events, rather than solving what could it all mean as many things have been tried today and nothing shows solid results.
Pink text seems to be the intruder interacting with whatever was stopping him from attempting to do something on the webpage. "Blue Lake" so far does not bring up any immediate answers to why that even is mentioned only that it is resembled in the teeth image right below it.

6f4IDeY.jpg

Seems like three times over the page the same 'image' was attempted to be posted. It has a strong resemblance to a video player, so maybe it was an attempt to post a video on the webpage.

c27Pw6U.jpg

F0QCQq2.jpg

The scribbles could be there for nothing, but it has been noted that you can place them inside the black fields of a ripped up frame and it would partially match.

stuff_the_future.JPG

The whole webpage in it's entirety is a JPEG and the access to previously working buttons is removed. 

At some points where ripped black fields appear, they remind of TV-static as they are in boxed shapes. This fits over a white space in the page that seems to be over the crooked text. Could as well take note that the text is not very pleasing to read and may by some cry to not trust what RedHill is.
EYX2I9F.png

At the very bottom of the page the word 'RedHill' is repeated in multiple lines and each line says RedHill 9 times. The underlined words 'RedHill' (left-right, top-bottom) are 39 and 47. Thus 3947, but as anything it could be something or nothing.

GyZNjzD.jpg

"Creach programs and othe besting ill conomy streets,that will's economy streets Redhillnessses or that
stuff the Future of Medicine
Your healthcare of Medicine
Your health matters, that will be used by that stuff that's Econtinginginging in then San Paro the Future
People, Redhill besting a Stronger

Inves. Invest healing San Paro's economy
We making San Paro that's Economy
We matters, that will's why we are people Redhillnesses to do greating San Paro
Creach programs and others San Paro's powerfu"

That's what has been found today.

That nuber could definetely fit in the code we're cooking for ; 6ac20d50-____-4f0f-____-3ec51de745d7 but the real question is;

is it 6ac20d50-3947-4f0f-____-3ec51de745d7 or 6ac20d50-____-4f0f-3947-3ec51de745d7 and we don't even know if this is a correct number .

The search continues ...

03/23/2019

Seems like the website changed again , it now shows a countdown to 2019/3/27 01:00:00

sB4FYLv.jpg

There seems to be scattered parts of images all around the website , one being this one :

Credits to @CookiePuss  and @Weeb TheEpicGuyV2                             

uNbNGIt.jpgunknown.png

There is also a QR code lookalike image in here but im unable to scan it with my phone :

unknown.png

And at the bottom of the page we can see this , which probably says "Go Away"

21cc51456293f87545bd54a470e45f66.png

03/27/2019 (Possibly the last Redhill ARG Week ?)

So , when the countdown was finished the Redhill website was back to normal, the c0d3 page doesn't seem to work anymore, here's a picture of the website :

ZScY1cJ.jpg

@Latsha Noticed a link on one of the page's graphics :                                                              (Thanks @IROCkiller for that second edited image!)

unknown.png memexd.JPG

The link shown here is bit.ly/2OzOHxD

and it seems to redirect to ;

https://www.redhillinstitute.com/hat

which is an audio file containing morse code saying "WECAN'TDOTHISALONE."

After that audio there is also a weird noise audible in the left channel of the track :

@Latsha while analysing the track noticed that it's spectorgram looked weird, after zooming it that's what was found :

(As @IronicTerrorhad a better image i used this one instead)
unknown.png

6D554 77043 81496 93131 769C4 87849 117R0 39652 51028 49952
97X77 89257 0370J 12456 L3670 96369 02998 77685 13652 94418
79872 59000 58890 16148 67341 63610 69011 38935 64532 00383
98P59 55094 25747 12659 99060 67195 7452D 36066 44587 08373
42718 81327 84318 87643 34521 42076 18600 60213 15568 27669
00613 22791 269C9 20999 62932 33904 24424 61305 69089 L120A
42187 A1987 90134 41802 82226 93417 06200 97533 28240 40753
33066 35321 84726 86749 73715 0G461 41046 69571 94901 54940
60V87 05607 287E2 52751 94326 47280 I9128 80200 2V888 65861
73586 91226 09613 59281 39543 79706 10116 84942 06040 74771
66253 17535 30260 61Y21 55176 31844 60093 2W333 51404 10568

This looks to hex code but no one is sure about it at this point so we're hitting a wall

Note that there is also a L in the bottom

Now people also found that in the https://www.redhillinstitute.com/login/ page "apartridge" is now a valid username but we're missing the password.

here's the hint that's given to us :

unknown.png

"Hint: What screams at me in the morning for food?"

Of course everyone tried the most basic passwords such as Apartridge's cat name 'Clawdia' or other words like 'stomach' or emplee names, no one seems to have found out yet.

03/28/2019 (The end)

After a whole day of figuring things out people went as far as trying to decrypt the text , later in the day , someone was able to bruteforce the login screen and acess apartridge's account to find the batch ID (which was the complete code)

Turns out LO didn't plan on people using bruteforcers to get through their login system, so the last part of the ARG was changed, instead @MattScott asked for the first person to find and post the normal way to find apartridge's password (as the bruteforcer user didn't even knew the actual password).

Later @SK4LP found out that we had to overlay the images from the previous website hack above the spectogram , which gave out the letters for apartridge's password :

On 3/28/2019 at 9:54 AM, SK4LP said:

CLDA

hRJbWQj.jpg

❤️ we could have found it without brutality  ❤️

The password was CLDA

Here's what is in apartridge's account:

unknown.png

unknown.pngunknown.png

And there was a whole draft with a mail called "RedHELL" :

Hi,

My name is Anne Partridge, I am an employee at Redhill Institute of Technology.

I know that you guys focus on fashion, but this is bigger than that and I don't know who to turn to right now.

Redhill is not the saintly organization it is pretending to be. All these community services they are providing are just ways for the institute to dig its claws into the communities of San Paro so that they are easier to divide and conquer when the time is right.

I think that time is coming real soon...

Do you know the mysterious flu that took two lives and sent the city into paranoid chaos? I developed the vaccine for it - except the vaccine I developed is different from the vaccine Redhill is planning to distribute. It is NOT the same.

Redhill has been working with the government, possibly the mayor herself, to get these vaccines out before they've been given proper testing time.

With my help, they convinced the courts that the chemical makeup of the vaccine is nearly identical to previous vaccines distributed to the general populace. I argued that the potential ramifications of bypassing the clinical trial process was nearly zero risk...

That was before I uncovered that my vaccine was developed for the sheer goal of tricking the courts.

The vaccine that you, and many other citizens would be receiving is literally a lobotomy in a syringe - a vaccine that would make the population easier to control and hypothetically will make it easier for you to be controlled. Numb and unwilling to fight - unwilling to stand up for yourselves - voices that will never cry for change when really bad shit is going down.

It doesn't matter if someone is the good buy or the bad guy once this gets set off - you will be mentally neutered... or spayed.. take your pick.

This is what I know right now as of this email:

The government will work with Redhill to enforce a mandatory vaccination for all citizens of San Paro in the coming weeks.

Memorial park is going to be set up as a pop-up medical outpost for people to receive the vaccination, you will be encouraged to go yourself, or you will get a knock at your door by the police to drag you there. For the people they don't get, they have a backup method that they are going to plant throughout Financial, block by block - massive bombs (I have attached the image below)

If you get too close to these bombs once they have been activated, the amount of chemicals it is going to pump out will kill you.

Redhill has enlisted the help of certain gangs - both enforcers and criminals - but it is starting to cause in-fighting between the gang members. Some don't care about the morality of this "vaccine", preferring a dumbed-down easier to rob or control the populace. Some look past that and know that they will be forced to get "treated" after Redhill is done using them.

Either way - get the hell out of financial. That is their first target.

If you see one of these machines, RUN:

bomb_blueprint.png

I will try to sync up with you guys when I get back into town to give you more information. I am boarding my flight home now.

Thanks,

A. Partridge

I invite you to press the send button on that email and discover the next part yourself !

09/05/2020

Seems like it's not completely done ? the website address as well as the billboards got changed to https://www.redhillinst.com/
unknown.png

Thanks for @KyoukiDotExe for noticing !

It's possible that this changed has been there for longer than we think, as a couple of weeks ago i noticed some billboards changes from the launcher logs

So what was your thoughts on this ARG ? did you like it ? do you want more of them ?

On 3/28/2019 at 11:25 AM, Ketog said:

Honestly this ARG was one of the coolest things that happened to APB in a while, documenting player findings was awsome, i wouldn't have found all of this by myself , congrats and thanks to everyone that took part in it, and thanks to the whole LittleOrbit team too, they're the one at the origin of all of this !

Edited by Ketog
Adding latest discoveries 09/09/2020
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 6

THIS IS SO COOL

i just came, dunno bout you, but seeing unannounced content like this... shit man. 

Also, the buttons don't work. But this might be because im on my phone. 

The buttons that take you to the policies and terms pages simply take you to the LO policies page, which makes sense.

Guess i'll sign up to the newsteller and wait. Update: still on my phone, seems i can't do shit. 

It does say that Redhill has acquired three local companies. One of them is IO, why else would the ads disappear (maybe lack of space to put them but that doesnt make this as interesting)

Edited by _chain

The Opposite Polar Bear Report (TOP-BR (no im not brazilian)):

the HTML code shows no easter egg that i could find (im kinda sleepy atm tho)

the subscribe newsletter thing actually does something (i tried to subscribe twice and it actually showed an error messenge)

i think we should focus on this part:

-"RedHill acquires 3 local companies after successful funding round."

does that means 3 companies are under RedHill's banner now? somatic... patriot... aaaand.... seiyo? idk, put your bets.

i'll post if i recibe any kind of email from this.

I'm guessing they're bad guys.

Faceless unknown company spouting PR nonsense and promising a brighter future? Totally bad guys.

• Like 4

1. surprised, 2. we already have experience with alien intelligence, 3. Wait and see .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

does that means 3 companies are under RedHill's banner now? somatic... patriot... aaaand.... seiyo? idk, put your bets.

No, it's definitely IO (Growl manufacturer) since they're using the ad spots where Growl ads used to be. The other two... we'll have to wait, i guess. Maybe somatic and the gas stations, doubt they managed to buy patriot. I also doubt that they will only focus on vehicles, these guys will definitely manufacture guns also.

Edited by _chain

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

My personal guess is this company will be the one manufacturing the car that was annouced to come after the growl

I think you're thinking too small at least I hope this is something *bigger* than that

I have a hunch. Remember how Haloween epidemic was 3 teams? 'RedHill acquires 3 local companies after successful funding round.' :thonk: This is related to RIOT I betcha, I honestly would be a lil dissapointed if I'm right because it doesn't make much sense. 

we are waiting for late comments from developers . 

Matt.  surprise us please . 

Edited by Yood

7 minutes ago, Yood said:

we are waiting for late comments from developers . 

Matt.  surprise us please .

i got confirmation (somewhere) that it is meant to be be there , and i am very doubtful that we're gonna get a word on this as it's purposely made this way .

HoooLY crap, man. I don't know what this is about, but I'm really liking this teaser.

Wonder if this means more lore development, or just a new in-universe manufacturer to integrate new content more seamlessly. Either way, me likey.

interesting

2 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i think we should focus on this part:

-"RedHill acquires 3 local companies after successful funding round."

i'll post if i recibe any kind of email from this.

1 hour ago, _chain said:

No, it's definitely IO (Growl manufacturer) since they're using the ad spots where Growl ads used to be. The other two... we'll have to wait, i guess. Maybe somatic and the gas stations, doubt they managed to buy patriot. I also doubt that they will only focus on vehicles, these guys will definitely manufacture guns also.

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

I think you're thinking too small at least I hope this is something *bigger* than that

I have a hunch. Remember how Haloween epidemic was 3 teams? 'RedHill acquires 3 local companies after successful funding round.' :thonk: This is related to RIOT I betcha, I honestly would be a lil dissapointed if I'm right because it doesn't make much sense. 

1. Authentic Neapolitan pizzeria
  2. Manufacturer of Composition B
  3. Photo Studio specializing in semi-erotic photography and video of hairy manly men

Edited by AsgerLund
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Yood said:

today is April 1st ! ( April fool's day )    

fMp3k9D4mF.jpg

Careful there. You had a thread removed remember?

6 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Careful there. You had a thread removed remember?

I did not delete the topic 1 April Fool's day . it is the job of the forum moderators .

Edited by Yood

Oh well I was hoping for personal blue steel or civil version of ambulance truck but since somebody showed a tractor maybe there's still a chance for a stylish drive

Think its important to see what it says on the website with these bits here in their description (sorry about twitter link but I'm not home right now).

26 minutes ago, Sivebrady said:

Think its important to see what it says on the website with these bits here in their description (sorry about twitter link but I'm not home right now).

Humble shameless plug :^)

*cough*

(R)edhill

(I)nstitute

(O)f

(T)echnology

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rooq said:

*cough*

(R)edhill

(I)nstitute

(O)f

(T)echnology

Well someone spilled the beans...

2 hours ago, rooq said:

*cough*

(R)edhill

(I)nstitute

(O)f

(T)echnology

nIqzBek.gif

Could you not please. I need to retain as many brain cells as possible

• Thanks 1

As far as I remember, Red Hill is a location of Asylum in the original lore, as well as Arlon Bejamin's. If you check his daughter's bio, she is (by some) refered as "daughter to the Red Hill garbage king".

Makes me wonder how does a tech institute fit into that.

iyk1JGa.png

Edited by Word2
  • Thanks 4