Sign in to follow this  
Nanometic

When looking for players, do you look for...

When scanning/looking for people do you...  

66 members have voted

1. 1. When scanning/looking for people do you...

• Look for red names
    • Look for player models

When you're all flicking around and trying to find targets to kill or hunt, do you guys scan for red name plates or player models?

• Like 1

like any sensible player, red names as they are just so much more efficient

the only situation to look for the body is when you wouldnt be able to see the name if they were there like downward into a doorway

• Thanks 1

I just look for the big red box around the bad guys.

Wait... forget I said that.

• Like 1

I'm more of the type of if you are in front of me you might get shot

Doesn't go over so well at times *facepalm*

i look for shadows, sounds (that doesnt make sense but you know what i mean), environment effects, crosshair colors, prestige/notoriety increase, etc

unless you can actually see the player, in which case you need the red name/crosshair to confirm anyways

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

I look for red tags but I just end up remembering their models anyways

Red names for scanning in general. When looking through glass or doors that hide player names, I go off of the memory of the enemies character in my head. When the opportunity arises I can also use this to my advantage by quickly swapping to a different character outfit. A good amount of players will think you are a seperate player from the mission aslong as they can't see your red tag. It's a very situational strat though. Also keep in mind to run with your secondary out while trying this so they can't identify you with the help of the scoreboard.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1

considering no two players look the same, why in the absolute hell would anybody look for player models over the giant red nameplates over their heads?

Common Sense sold separately.

Joke's on you. I don't see players, I just see clay figures running about.

On the contrary I am terrible at identifying red on most backdrops. Wtb color blind mode.

Depends on the circumstance.

Sometimes you need to get glances of red names when the model isn't visible.

Sometimes you need to look for the shadow that is being cast.

Sometimes you will notice the model motion before anything else.

Sometimes you just need to take any movement you can get.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Sometimes you need to look for the shadow that is being cast.

I always forget APB has shadows. 

I think it really depends on the situation and enemy, but the amount of times I've thrown bullets at billboard/civilian/car/bus stop/post box/kerb/wall/friendly player because it has some red on it tells me I just look for the red.

7 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I think it really depends on the situation and enemy, but the amount of times I've thrown bullets at billboard/civilian/car/bus stop/post box/kerb/wall/friendly player because it has some red on it tells me I just look for the red.

If its red... its dead.

That's really situational but especially if searching for hitbox to shot, red marker on crosshair helps me expose weakness of opposition cover 🙂

Red names might help me track people but essentially most of time, in plain sight - you aim for body.

Nanometic   what is the question ? the enemy is my goal . vote ? 🤔

4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

1hQcAZ9.jpg

))

dafuq? lol nobody even mentioned the radar. how do you guys even play this game?

On 3/1/2019 at 5:21 AM, Nanometic said:

When you're all flicking around and trying to find targets to kill or hunt, do you guys scan for red name plates or player models?

Both... looking for similar looking char. and when confirm target by name. ( Sometimes memorize target favorite locations and runing ways ).

5 hours ago, Fruitini said:

dafuq? lol nobody even mentioned the radar. how do you guys even play this game?

Gotta play with HUD off for them extra frames!!!

6 hours ago, Fruitini said:

i think most of us play in the silver district, so opp isn’t just randomly shooting and walking into radar tower (when the stupid mod decides to work, fix that shit already orbit)

There's a lot more to look for than just those two options. Sound, shadows, environment, cars, radar, etc etc etc. Using everything possible to your advantage can net you some easy kills on unsuspecting enemies.

Red tags are a dead giveaway. People running around and knocking shit over also helps hear them coming - one of the more common "noob" mistakes is climbing a ladder, as noisy as they are...

Open doors are also a surprisingly good way to figure out who came from what direction. Cars - If you see a "Commandeered" car while playing as Enforcer, chances are your enemies didn't use that

And my favourite - if someone is crouched behind cover in a certain area, I tend to mouse over that spot trying to pick up where my crosshair turns red - it gets you a lot of bullshoot kills :,)

On 3/2/2019 at 5:46 AM, CookiePuss said:

If its red... its dead.

american to the last drop

Sign in to follow this