Zsm00th

A classic version

On 2/27/2019 at 5:58 AM, Zsm00th said:

I would like to see a classic version of the io growl. Maybe make it be 250k.

You mean like a vintage corvette? Like a stingray? That'd be super cool.

One of these?  That would be awesome.  Maybe it won't sound like a vacuum cleaner this time.

pic-4943811394328511625-1600x1200.jpeg

Seriously though, how is the Growl's idle sound so badass, but once you start moving you it sounds so bad?  I'm gonna chalk it up to limited resources on G1's part and assume they didn't have the equipment or money to go out and record a real one on a dyno, so they just recycled the sounds of other cars.  You would think they would at least include a mixture of the Vegas' engine sound in that.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:

One of these?  That would be awesome.  Maybe it won't sound like a vacuum cleaner this time.

Seriously though, how is the Growl's idle sound so badass, but once you start moving you it sounds so bad?  I'm gonna chalk it up to limited resources on G1's part and assume they didn't have the equipment or money to go out and record a real one on a dyno, so they just recycled the sounds of other cars.  You would think they would at least include a mixture of the Vegas' engine sound in that.

Pretty much spot on. They had very limited resources by the time that car entered development. The company was already in a tight spot. So they were making due however they could. Meant cutting corners with things like sounds by twisting around existing ones. Happened a lot for guns too. Hopefully they'll get a chance to re-do some audio down the line.

Anyways. New car kits would be fantastic. Especially something with an older style to it. There really isn't a whole lot of that in APB. Which is really freaking odd to me. The other car with a truly classic look to it is all but ignored (fresno). Despite there having been quite a few requests for it spanning years back to the G1 re-launch.

• Like 1

I am down to add any new car 

It will be could to add the 2000 corvette too

They have to redone the sounds of almost all cars they sound like rc cars

1 hour ago, Genobee said:

Anyways. New car kits would be fantastic. Especially something with an older style to it. There really isn't a whole lot of that in APB. Which is really freaking odd to me. The other car with a truly classic look to it is all but ignored (fresno). Despite there having been quite a few requests for it spanning years back to the G1 re-launch.

Agreed, old cars have always been my favorite and I'd love to see some old styled kits added.  I suggested a new Fresno kit but it derailed quickly in the 4 replies it got with everyone saying it looked like a Vegas, but the idea was to give the Fresno a sportier look.  Maybe a bottom tier hatchback like the Varzuga could get an early 80s AMC Gremlin looking kit or something.

100% on board for the classic stingray kit for the Growl though.