Half of my 4000 hours on this game are probably from waiting in front of the login screen because the game is somehow offline/ not working.

How can we improve this situation for everyone?

Make it already happen Devs, it would sweeten that waiting time..

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

This has been suggested so many times already, even I've suggested it. Matt already said they're looking into it, however obviously it's not really a priority, not to mention a bunch of licensing bullshoot to work through

1 minute ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

This has been suggested so many times already, even I've suggested it. Matt already said they're looking into it, however obviously it's not really a priority, not to mention a bunch of licensing bullshoot to work through

What licensing. The track is still there during char creation

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

not to mention a bunch of licensing bullshoot to work through

I don’t see why there would be big problems with licensing as this song is still used in the initial character creator for new chars... also changing a simple mp3 for the beginning shouldn’t be that hard I guess...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

What licensing. The track is still there during char creation

That was just what I've been told. AFAIK it could be issues with functionality, art, music, I dont know. Regardless Matt's already acknowledged that it's on the roadmap at some point since everyone loves it.

• Like 1

yes the classic login screen was honestly one of the most hype things about classic apb

i want to go back

• Like 2

Not to mention this login screen requires alot less to run which for a game like APB saving some data would only help.

Probably worth mentioning how much faster 3.5 loads using the current log in screen. (as was mentioned by Selali)

• Like 1

god it would be a joy to have an excuse to sit on the login screen
right now i want to go deaf as soon as the current LS song hits

EDIT: I mean holy damn it's a second time I'm listening to this whole theme and I'm still not tired with it. I always found legacy LS screen and char creation music somewhat magical and nostalgic to me

Edited by Latsha
  • Like 1

as much as i'd like the old login screen/music back i'd settle for just about anything other than the current combo

having a mini heart attack every time that damn wadsworth song starts is getting super old

• Like 1

im sure everyone wants this

not only it looks better , takes less ressources , and feels better , the current login screen is close to being earape (sorry for the raw words here but i can't find a better way to describe it)

On 2/27/2019 at 1:49 AM, CookiePuss said:

Probably worth mentioning how much faster 3.5 loads using the current log in screen. (as was mentioned by Selali)

it is true , as from the test i did with the old leaked engine upgrade client i got results showing that i could load the game in a matter of 20 seconds instead of a minute

still , the loading time isn't really the point, it's more the feel of it.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1

There are three suggestion I will always like and support - no matter how often they are suggested on the forums:

1. Bring back the old login theme
  2. Buff percs
  3. Universal (literally) ban on pineapple on pizza

My name is AsgerLund, and I support this message!!

KCN1pY6.gif

There is no licensing issue with the old login screen.

That specific track was created for APB and is under the current APB:R license. It's basically an original sound track.

3 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

1. Universal (literally) ban on pineapple on pizza

im sorry, u get a neggy

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

when can we "see" it tho

17 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

im sorry, u get a neggy

Find your braces!!!

nGnNy.gif

back when they announced the change in login screens, everyone was excited to see it go (paraphrasing*).

it's kinda bizarre seeing the community doing a 360º but hey.. like i said before, i like both! But wasn't there an inherent issue with the ingame UI being laggy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellenettiel said:

back when they announced the change in login screens, everyone was excited to see it go (paraphrasing*).

it's kinda bizarre seeing the community doing a 360º but hey.. like i said before, i like both! But wasn't there an inherent issue with the ingame UI being laggy?

iirc back when it was announced g1 was also pushing the scaleforum UI upgrade pretty hard, so most of us thought that the new login screen was a pretty significant step forward for the devs

obviously in hindsight that was not the case

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

7 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

There are three suggestion I will always like and support - no matter how often they are suggested on the forums:

1. Bring back the old login theme
  2. Buff percs
  3. Universal (literally) ban on pineapple on pizza

My name is AsgerLund, and I support this message!!

KCN1pY6.gif

1 sure. i like it too.

2 no opinion. needs a debate thread for this. (hint hint go start it)

3 cant agree I like Hawaiian pizza at times.

10 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

back when they announced the change in login screens, everyone was excited to see it go

When was this a thing? I mean making the screen more alive than just a login mask with some animations surely sounds nice, but after some years the current theme is just painful to hear. 

The animation right now is nothing special and the old one with that “build up graffiti” fits more with the original loading screens that we still got to this day (don’t change them please).

At this point I think many of us just want to get back some of that “old days” feeling, also the old screen looks fresher than the “new” one.

Edited by PHM

12 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

I remember people complaining about how long the new login screen took to load and how annoying the fog horn is.