MattScott

Login server issues

Hi all,

I want to give a brief update on an ongoing issue.

For the last couple days we have had intermittent issues with the Login servers. There seems to be a communication issue between the various environments that prevents players from logging in and sometimes kicks players.

The team is working on it.

UPDATE 2/26 3:15PM PST

Again, I want to apologize to the players. This was an emergency maintenance situation that popped up from last night.

Frustratingly, we fixed one issue and immediately ran into a second issue. This has been a bit more tricky.

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA, but I will keep you posted.

UPDATE 2/26 3:35PM PST

Of course as soon as I post, we fixed the issue.

All servers are live now.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 5
  • Thanks 12

I love when I take 45 seconds to log into my character and then when I hit social I'm put in freecamera mode under that one statue. Odd lil tidbit; this uberlong loading seems to affect my main character much more than my alt, which worries me... slightly

Edit What I mentioned must have been old news, because now I cant even log in

Edited by Acornie

Jesus, let us login? When we join " FAIL it takes maxium 15 min " Sure i does, cant even login 

Server and Instance went down a little while ago, when is it coming back up? 

• Like 2

What's the point in a community manager or the forums if there is no information in regards to how long the game will be down for etc.

This is not the first time either. I get this is a new company etc but it would be nice if we could have competent staff who are able to communicate with the community. The current community manager doesn't seem to be doing much from what I have observed.

Edited by Nev
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Nev said:

What's the point in a community manager or the forums if there is no information in regards to how long the game will be down for etc.

I was wondering the same thing..

2 minutes ago, Nev said:

sometimes you come accross legacy code which you don't know when you will be able to fix at first look, give it time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N66 said:

You carry a great burden in your beard @MattScott

What if he shaved? Or lost his hair (including beard) due to stress since acquiring APB?

8 minutes ago, justchecking said:

sometimes you come accross legacy code which you don't know when you will be able to fix at first look, give it time.

Even if that was the case they could write something to let us know.

Just now, Nev said:

Even if that was the case they could write something to let us know.

They wrote you something. 2 hours ago.

Btw, G1 never bothered to do that for days.

• Like 1

citadel has been down for a while, which is a shame

but justchecking is basically right - at least we have had some comments

7 minutes ago, Haganu said:

What if he shaved? Or lost his hair (including beard) due to stress since acquiring APB?

I'll give him mine, #NoH*** 

Edited by N66

25 minutes ago, Nev said:

This is not the first time either. I get this is a new company etc but it would be nice if we could have competent staff who are able to communicate with the community. The current community manager doesn't seem to be doing much from what I have observed.

I'm really happy I don't have to be waken up right now and deal with all of that shit show g1 made, that I can tell you.

Everyone wants to play, the only reason I registered is because I couldnt log in, I wanna play too. But I also happen to know what kind of pain devs are dealing with right now. Trust me they would love you to log in right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justchecking said:

Can't even imagine what kind of nightmare $100,000,000 worth of 2009 code is on a decade old engine. I'm impressed with what they've done already.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, justchecking said:

I'm really happy I don't have to be waken up right now and deal with all of that shit show g1 made, that I can tell you.

Everyone wants to play, the only reason I registered is because I couldnt log in, I wanna play too. But I also happen to know what kind of pain devs are dealing with right now. Trust me they would love you to log in right now.

i agree - my brother and i ran a gta-sa server with 99 player base for a couple of years, and whenever we had bugs or had to make an update ( perhaps got attacked ) we felt very presured and bad, and worked as quick as possible, i guess all we can do is be patient and trust in them ( I really really hope they can find the issuse soon though ) ^^