Spamfilter  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need a filter for district chat, for all chats or no filter at all?

• A filter for /d is enough
    • A filter for every chat would be fair
    • We don't need a filter

Ladies and Gentlemen... and criminals

My suggestion today is about the district chat and how it is abused by spamming everything multiple times and at some point over a long time which is annoying.

Some people say "Just ignore it and block them" but in my opinion that is not something /ignore was made for. If someone constantly insults and harasses me, it is a reason to make use of this function since it's just me who is affected. District spammers can be /ignore'd too but this is, as i said, a solution for you. Someone else who didn't block fast enough will have their chat spammed away and it looks just shit. 

973e27-1551119175.png

(That was just a tiny part of todays district spam, also another topic: Name and shame)

Spammers can be a problem for everyone not just for yourself - And this is why we should have a limitation in chat.

Question is what would be the best solution? That should happen without punishing normal people. And is it enough to do that for district chat? I mean i don't care about /yell chat but sometimes i take a look for some offers. As i said, everyone should have an advantage from that idea.

Simple would be to limit the chat. You can't post the same message within 30 seconds or 1 minute.

This would have the disadvantage of just doing this:

- I SELL ONION ICE CREAM FOR 50$ WHISPER ME-0

- I SELL ONION ICE CREAM FOR 50$ WHISPER ME-1

- I SELL ONION ICE CREAM FOR 50$ WHISPER ME-2

- I SELL ONION ICE CREAM FOR 50$ WHISPER ME-3

I saw gold sellers doing that in another game but they solved it with making them unable to post similiar lines. I am not sure how that works tbh and what kind of filters are used within game chats but could this be a thing that would help APB or is there a better idea? Besides ignoring it... in my opinion this is a behavior that shouldn't be ignored. Those people get away with that too easy. It also takes away a little bit of work LO supporter have with spam reports. I know some people report this but with a spam filter that wouldn't be necessary.

Before i finish this here the question again:

Do we need a filter for district chat, for all chats or no filter at all? Lemme know in the poll.

best regards

Juno Zaziki ... damn! ... Suzuki

i've had district chat in a forgotten tab for like 6 years, no spam if you're antisocial

20 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:

i've had district chat in a forgotten tab for like 6 years, no spam if you're antisocial

I try to be a bit social sometimes. Enjoying conversations with people but then ... ebe9dd-1551288694.png

Merge

This is another pearl i found at the same time. 

c18642-1551289348.png

E:

51db3b-1551289588.png

Same person 

20 hours ago, uraputz said:

the game should be fixed to not allow this sort of stuff...

Definitely. Everyday i see stuff like this in the district chat which could be posted into the /yell chat. It wouldn't even be that annoying if there'd be a limitation for the same message.

Here are more from 2 different guys

89c269-1551377789.png

4b96b6-1551377755.png

On 2/25/2019 at 10:38 AM, JunoSuzuki said:

- I SELL ONION ICE CREAM FOR 50$ WHISPER ME-0

- I SELL ONION ICE CREAM FOR 50$ WHISPER ME-1

- I SELL ONION ICE CREAM FOR 50$ WHISPER ME-2

- I SELL ONION ICE CREAM FOR 50$ WHISPER ME-3

if programmed with an algorithm to tell if its mostly the same spaces and all would solve this issue you mentioned.

some games do it now a days like this.