Is repeatedly saying the "N-Word" bannable??

Got a few racist assholes on here going nonstop with the word and attacking one of my good ol buds Broccoli.   Got a video of him saying it 14 times lmao.

probably falls under harassment if it’s directed at specific people

Could I report it as harassment for him then? Cause he doesnt have it recorded

Your friend can always show the proof to support. It's up to them to decide what action to take.

3 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Could I report it as harassment for him then? Cause he doesnt have it recorded

I don't see why you couldn't report, you report a person commiting a violation. doesn't matter to who it's adressed. 

That's racism for everything, I assume you can report it for racism and maybe harassment ..

I don't see any difference then using the N word, and saying any other hateful ignorant words, such as the B word, F word. Its all the same. My advice, ignore it. If someone is using too much "foul lauangue" report them. I was online this morning, you have people talking about sucking off their mothers or something or having sex with men. There's some weird people who play this game.

There should be a chat filter though, so we can enable that option to censor what shows up in chat.

3 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

I don't see any difference then using the N word, and saying any other hateful ignorant words, such as the B word, F word. Its all the same. My advice, ignore it. If someone is using too much "foul lauangue" report them. I was online this morning, you have people talking about sucking off their mothers or something or having sex with men. There's some weird people who play this game.

There should be a chat filter though, so we can enable that option to censor what shows up in chat.

i’m not sure mansex fits in with the others tbh

We're actually getting into a discussion about whether racial slurs are offensive or not?

Oh come on.

• Like 3

It falls under racism, send it to support and I am sure they will gladly handle it.

It'd be harder to find a game where you don't get banned for it.

Harassment afaik is bannable.

and simply spamming a word over and over again should be against the ToS.

But saying the word is not wrong.

31 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Freedom of speech not freedom from consequence

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Harassment afaik is bannable.

and simply spamming a word over and over again should be against the ToS.

Freedom of Speech =/= Hate Speech

3 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

attacking one of my good ol buds Broccoli.

Broccoli hahahaha - I empathise with your thread directive but that name caught me off-guard. Funny shit.

2 minutes ago, ShadowRider said:

Freedom of Speech =/= Hate Speech

'Hate' speech is too vague to actually compare to 'free' speech, so I am not sure what you are getting at.

Simply saying a word is whatever and has no bearing on whether or not it is 'hate' speech until the word is used in a derogatory manner.

But its fine if English isn't your strong suite. Now you know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

'Hate' speech is too vague to actually compare to 'free' speech, so I am not sure what you are getting at.

Simply saying a word is whatever and has no bearing on whether or not it is 'hate' speech until the word is used in a derogatory manner.

But its fine if English isn't your strong suite. Now you know.

u0fkm.jpg

What comparison?

You said; "But saying the word is not wrong." - with regards to the N word.

Just because he has the freedom to say the word does not mean he has the freedom to spew hatred, which is what calling someone the N word repeatedly is, within the context of the directive of this thread. The OP didn't ask if someone saying the N word is bannable. He asked if someone repeatedly calling his friend the N word with intent to offend is bannable, and it is, because it falls under Hate Speech. It's not about "simply saying a word" and being surprised when someone gets offended. Especially when said word has carried a negative connotation for tens of years now and even more so when you're using it to offend.

If you're incapable of understanding why the word is offensive then you're morally inept - why else do you think it is explicitly banned from being used in ANY context in the entirety of the gaming industry? Find me any game company that doesn't harshly punish the use of the N word in ANY context, on whatever platform they use; forums, social media, in-game chat; and i'll retract my statement.

But it's fine if being a racist is a strong suite of yours. Now you know. Or perhaps it's your lack of empathy and comprehension...

• Like 1

Using words in a derogatory manner are obviously rude. 

You completely missed the point and went on a tirade.

10/10 

• Like 1

What is ignore made for in this game?

"Oh look someone is offending me over and over, i will be a man and take it all and then report it after asking on forums about if it is bannable"... or just ignore, that would be easier.

What level of...

• Like 1

Might get them a mute, but don't know if it's bannable. Sent in a ticket for the same thing and was told to just use the /ignore function in the future.

i personally think the word is fine by itself , but becomes wrong used as an insult.

also like some people say up , it's probably falls under harrassment , so yeah it is bannable .

Oh my god. Use /ignore function. Thats why is this command in the game. 

Its so stupid. Its like u can either /ignore him, or you let him insult you and make him banned. And you decided that u want him get banned. U r actualy evil... O_o

Honestly the best way to deal with this is stop the damn bans... stop the damn train wreck of APB population trying to ban even more players... and when LO finds a person has been offensive in chat... CHATBAN him for a certain amount of time, leading to a perma chatban for incorrigibles.

13 hours ago, AxeTurboAgressor said:

Oh my god. Use /ignore function. Thats why is this command in the game. 

Its so stupid. Its like u can either /ignore him, or you let him insult you and make him banned. And you decided that u want him get banned. U r actualy evil... O_o

that's why g1 thought it was a good idea to sell an ignore list extender , yes ! you need to invest money to avoid harrasement !

https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&catID=62&subcatID=259&productId=3347

Thank me later !

Sorry i had to , this is probably the most absurd armas itsem you can buy.

Edited by Ketog