Sign in to follow this  
Thaumaturge

Necessary QOL Changes

I'd expect this to have to wait for 3.5, but, yes.

Inventory/UI Related:

The inventory desperately needs a sorting system, preferably by categories such as Newest first, Oldest first, or Alphabetical.

Money and joker tickets should be account wide, people still transfer things between their characters the game just makes it as inconvenient as possible to do so. (excluding joker tickets, obv.)

The inventory storage needs to be increased drastically, or account wide, preferably both. It's incredibly inconvenient having to spam the marketplace with my belongings to reorganize what i have in my inventory vs the mail. Same with having to log onto another character to mail stuff.

When mailing weapons in particular, you should only see what you can mail, and none of the rest of the crap.

District queue, and maybe a "Don't show me this again" for things like threat prompts.

Customizable crosshairs

Ability to change theme and symbol anywhere in the world

Mission Related:

Objective timers should be standardized across the board, as in all hacks have the same time, etc. You all know what i'm talking about when you get that one mission that has one hack or hijack that takes a millennia even with rank IV equipment for no reason.

Misc/Balance

Disabled collision for out of mission players during an opposed mission.

Consumable ammoboxes should not let you change orange mods without resetting the cooldown as if you changed it normally.

Options:

Sprint toggle/hold binds.

Crouch toggle/hold binds.

Marksman/ADS toggle/hold binds

Edited by Thaumaturge
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Although all of those things have been suggested plenty times before, I wholeheartedly agree. I'm also not a fan of mixing stuff in one topic, making it harder to discuss - but I guess it's better than spamming nee threads? (that wouldn't be necessary since there are old ones)

Just about threat - I hope threat limited districts become a thing of the past thanks to phasing and improvements to overall matchmaking.

Anyway, some (old) additions while I'm here:

(Additional) Manual sorting options/categorization/favourites would be preferable over e.g. just sorting by name - imo - especially since the naming is scheme is not always properly used. I guess that could be fixed though... 

I'd also love a shared inventory for legendaries over having to constantly mail them across chars... but I guess that would overcomplicate things. (I'd even think being able to "consume" a legendary to make it accountwide and possibly untradeable forever (as an additional option to using it like currently, not exclusively like that) could be a feature appealing to some players (including me lul).)

Since you also mentioned mailing, batch-features for collection/deletion would be nice.

Consumable items should just become normal mods without a limit and probably should have their timers increased. The current way is just annoying and doesn't really add anything - I'd just stop using them for while and could start spamming them again when I feel like it - or at least enable you to replenish them at (JT) contacts

If you're already talking about disabling collisions - it would be nice to stop out-of-bounds registering out of missions so you can jump on roofs etc again. It'd be super imbalanced and exploitable during missions though so yeah. That'd be good.

Edited by neophobia

6 hours ago, Thaumaturge said:

Objective timers should be standardized across the board, as in all hacks have the same time, etc. You all know what i'm talking about when you get that one mission that has one hack or hijack that takes a millennia even with rank IV equipment for no reason.

I just love doing Manilla Vice and Mia Vice. Best missions ever. :^(

4 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

I just love doing Manilla Vice and Mia Vice. Best missions ever. :^(

LONNY DORENGO IS CRAZY , Drop offs for both teams are 20 meters apart.

Don't even get me started on "the fast and the incarcerated" 

• Thanks 1

How about an FOV slider in the options menu behind a ''UI'' option? Instead of having to fiddle around with the keyboard shortcuts. And the HUD and UI need a rework to modern standards.

Depending on the resolution the elements are either crammed and taking a good chunk of screen space or awkwardly far away and distributed along the borders of the screen.

My suggestions for better UI and HUD: Ammo count displayed next to the crosshair (but don't make it invasive, maybe a light blue counter below the crosshair), ability to move pieces of UI around the screen, better transparency (along with the ability to remove mission descriptions on that same ui menu). 

Crosshair options (typical: cross, circle, static cross, static circle, incomplete cross (top stipe missing)), ability to change crosshair colors...

Also ability to change teammate and enemy colors, ¿display damage numbers? (something like what Quake Champions does, go check it out, it's crazy clean).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, _chain said:

How about an FOV slider in the options menu behind a ''UI'' option? Instead of having to fiddle around with the keyboard shortcuts. And the HUD and UI need a rework to modern standards.

Depending on the resolution the elements are either crammed and taking a good chunk of screen space or awkwardly far away and distributed along the borders of the screen.

the cramming is even worse if you have 21:9 screen, you basically have an "empty" screen in the middle and gotta look into the corners for info, that are much more out of normal vision.

guess they don't take too much screenspace though xd

i guess they also get smaller depending on the resolution - they are quite small for me (3440x1440 (uwqhd)) but idk. any ability for customization is appreciated.

Edited by neophobia

I agree with literally everything OP posted, but instead of trying to work in new functions into the current inventory UI, it should be entirely reworked. 

The inventory interface we have now is old, slow and has a couple of missing elements (no secondary modifications, missing accurate weapon values, no support for different resolutions, improper scaling and so on...)

Edited by Speedz
  • Like 3

Mission timers also depend on if the people who had the mission before, completed the mission, or didn't get the chance to and only did part of it. I've had a few mission/areas that were completed almost instantly when you hop on it. But I do agree.