Sign in to follow this  
mojical

Vehicle related balance suggestions

Here are some suggestions about balancing vehicles and vehicle mods. This is really nothing groundbreaking but given the amount of complaints by players about this topic, I am surprised nothing has been done about it in years. 

Vehicles

There is a general consensus among APB players about vehicles (especially the Pioneer, Espacio and Vegas 4x4) being far too resistant to gunfire and grenades, which makes staying in cars in the middle of a gunfight a prevalent tactic. Those three aforementioned vehicles also completely dominate the meta.  Also, car spawners and radars are hard to disable due to cars being overly tanky.

I believe all cars' health pools should be brought closer together by lowering those of the most resilient cars, also in the hopes of making more vehicles a viable pick. Right now any advantage off-meta cars may have such as acceleration or handling is practically negated by their subpar health. 

Here are the adjustments I would make to the 3 above vehicles' health pool:

Vegas/4x4: 1350 -> 1150 (tied with Kurai)

Pioneer/Espacio: 1600 -> 1300 (tied with T-25)

This is quite conservative but would already go a long way towards making more vehicles viable. Also, independently of health, vehicle handling needs an overhaul. Some vehicles such as the Cisco simply don't have enough grip, and most off-meta vehicles are too light causing them to be easily pushed around. 

High Burn Fuel

Most modifications, as the name implies, are limited to changing existing mechanics slightly rather than completely nullify them. Yet High Burn Fuel is one that does the latter, becoming a near-essential pick for anyone able to equip it. 

High Burn Fuel completely does away with vehicle explosions and thus the risk of staying in a car for too long, assuming the player can get out at any point before the "explosion".  

So I think a more appropriate effect for High Burn Fuel would be that it simply halves the car's explosion radius instead of completely nullifying it, kind of the reverse of the Explosives mod. 

• Like 2

Why not give extra speed to the Kurai or T-25 ?

I bought Nomad for the HP, not speed

1 minute ago, -Dan- said:

Why not give extra speed to the Kurai or T-25 ?

I bought Nomad for the HP, not speed

Even with these changes the Pioneer would be part of a small group of vehicles able to withstand a concussion grenade and keep going, and it would keep its decent acceleration and high cargo capacity.

Also, the Kurai is a SUV and the T-25 is a pickup truck, they shouldn't be turned into sports cars, but into sturdy and stable vehicles that can't be thrown 30m into the air by a muscle car. 

1 minute ago, Lyfeld said:

Even with these changes the Pioneer would be part of a small group of vehicles able to withstand a concussion grenade and keep going, and it would keep its decent acceleration and high cargo capacity.

Also, the Kurai is a SUV and the T-25 is a pickup truck, they shouldn't be turned into sports cars, but into sturdy and stable vehicles that can't be thrown 30m into the air by a muscle car. 

I'd rather improve handling and increase ramming power on Kurai and increase ramming power and top speed on T-25

Anyway, I feel like vehicles need a rework entirely, because collision is messed up

10 hours ago, Lyfeld said:

this.

10 hours ago, -Dan- said:

improve handling and increase ramming power on Kurai and increase ramming power and top speed on T-25

also this.

better cars to fight superior cars is a pretty solid start if LO doesn't want to rework everything.

about collisions... please rework. we could also use stronger gravity.

You forgot one of the most ridiculous things ever... Coywolf only has 2 Slot cargo capacity meaning it can't carry heavy items. If you get a radar tower or ammo modificaton you theoretically get -1 slot. Considering it is a Sedan body with a pretty huge boot/trunk it should have somewhere between 5 and 10 base size.