Sign in to follow this  
hoodiemaker

config help

I want to be able to play the game with good frames and also be able to design without restarting my game on high graphics

what are some good configs/settings to keep 144fps and keep high characters/cars at the same time?

specs:
GTX 960 FTW EDITION 
RYZEN 1600X (4.2Ghz)
16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram

You cant config poor servers and bad game optimization... ( tbh its a surprise that there is a problems on playing with high graphics with ur PC ... i mean my potato pc can run high graphics with 50-60 fps)

Strange... You shouldn't have problem to be at 120 fps at least with that setup.

That's my opinion. RAM more than enough, proper GPU and strong CPU.

Try using Advanced Launcher... the only things really breaking FPS are usually special effects so maybe play a bit with them?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hoodiemaker said:

I want to be able to play the game with good frames and also be able to design without restarting my game on high graphics

what are some good configs/settings to keep 144fps and keep high characters/cars at the same time?

specs:
GTX 960 FTW EDITION 
RYZEN 1600X (4.2Ghz)
16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram

Only thing I can think of is tweak the various levels of graphics in APBCompat, minimal for gameplay and high for design. Other than that, no options. The game is just old.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hoodiemaker said:

specs:
GTX 960 FTW EDITION 
RYZEN 1600X (4.2Ghz)
16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram

To retain high textures and high frame rate?

Not much can be done but wait for APB's new engine upgrade.

The Ryzen 1600x has 6 cores but APB:Reloaded currently runs on Unreal Engine 3.0. Unreal Engine 3.0 has the flaw of only working with 1 core thread which is where main bottle neck is.

Little Orbit are working on and refining Unreal Engine 3.5 but there is no confirmed estimated time of arrival.

You can try downloading the APB Advanced Launcher to lower some of the more finer details in settings.

Edited by VickyFox

9 hours ago, hoodiemaker said:

specs:
GTX 960 FTW EDITION 
RYZEN 1600X (4.2Ghz)
16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram

3 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Unreal Engine 3.0 has the flaw of only working with 1 core thread which is where main bottle neck is.

Just buy the new intel core i9 9900k for a superior single core thread and you'd get a stable 144fps on maximum graphics 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, VickyFox said:

To retain high textures and high frame rate?

Not much can be done but wait for APB's new engine upgrade.

The Ryzen 1600x has 6 cores but APB:Reloaded currently runs on Unreal Engine 3.0. Unreal Engine 3.0 has the flaw of only working with 1 core thread which is where main bottle neck is.

Little Orbit are working on and refining Unreal Engine 3.5 but there is no confirmed estimated time of arrival.

You can try downloading the APB Advanced Launcher to lower some of the more finer details in settings.

I'm using advanced launcher and I have my characters, cars, and primitves to 1024, my compaq settings are set to only render characters up to 20 meters, same with cars

and I got rid of ambient sounds with flaws config

I get 130-144fps now, but I'm trying to find anything else that would help boost even by a little

cons of being a designer ahahah

My config is set so that characters, cars, weapons are highest possible quality. Fences are see-through and everything else is lowest/lower than standard. You can download it from my twitch channel if you are interested in trying it (link in signature).

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hoodiemaker said:

I'm using advanced launcher and I have my characters, cars, and primitves to 1024, my compaq settings are set to only render characters up to 20 meters, same with cars

and I got rid of ambient sounds with flaws config

I get 130-144fps now, but I'm trying to find anything else that would help boost even by a little

cons of being a designer ahahah

Could you give this a try?

https://mega.nz/#!544gEQJJ!AwB3YA-pdyKizwFQrD77Y2CbyiQWasfkBQ6KY9Bm4ig

Place it here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Engine\Config

Then rename BaseEngine.ini (your current one) to backupBaseEngine.ini

Then rename TweakedBaseEngine.ini to BaseEngine.ini

(switchiro)

Let me know.

• Thanks 2

Pascal and the mid-high end of maxwell shreds through the game at max, you shouldn't have any problems (depends if you've won the performance lottery, there's people claiming they have pascal and they're not able to play the game at max. probably spec lies lmao) 

or you could tryhard sweat it all the way and play @ 4:3 stretch like the uh... pros

8 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Could you give this a try?

https://mega.nz/#!544gEQJJ!AwB3YA-pdyKizwFQrD77Y2CbyiQWasfkBQ6KY9Bm4ig

Place it here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Engine\Config

Then rename BaseEngine.ini (your current one) to backupBaseEngine.ini

Then rename TweakedBaseEngine.ini to BaseEngine.ini

(switchiro)

Let me know.

I get 144 constant now : ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1