Acornie

Petition: Revamp main menu and use the old theme

Do you want the old menu theme back?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the old Main Menu music back?

• Yes!
    • Nah. The current one is fine
    • I honestly don't care

I think it's known that the original menu music used in RTW and the early days of G1 are looked on more fondly than the current one; whether it be the somberness of the current track or simply rather cheesy static scenes set up. The 2D original menu was simple, and portrayed the atmosphere of the game better:

hqdefault.jpg

Original song:

Artist is Stuart Ross, his works are used still in the game; the loading screens and the character creator so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume this track's rights could be re-acquired even if somehow LO no longer has them

This is my attempt to get help get this to happen, with the release of 3.5 it would be a great time to do some revamping things like the main menu and finally adding 'Little Orbit' to the splash screens #makeAPBgreatagain

• Like 14

mattscott has already stated he was looking into this several times iirc

i dont expect anything until perhaps the final stages of the engine upgrade release process at the very least

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

mattscott has already stated he was looking into this several times iirc

i dont expect anything until perhaps the final stages of the engine upgrade release process at the very least

In the Kempington Q&A he did briefly mention it. 

Q: Will the original login screen, with previous music make a return?
A: I actually had the track on loop from Youtube. I am a big fan of that screen. I would have to look at the music rights and see what we have currently. While we can’t truly guarantee getting the old music back, I’d love to see that screen with that music come back. I also think we don’t need a loading screen to a loading screen.

But hey, sometimes things get forgotten about, so why not make a thread about this very important topic making sure to show the community's opinion on it? #makeAPBgreatagain

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

In the Kempington Q&A he did briefly mention it. 

But hey, sometimes things get forgotten about, so why not make a thread about this very important topic making sure to show the community's opinion on it? #makeAPBgreatagain

I love this theme too. As for forgetting it, that isn't likely as they want to make the flow better. What's wrong with it? Well Matt said himself, something around the lines of 'why have a loading screen for another loading screen' or something to that affect. While the new one has a neat look, it's another thing that has to load in, which takes longer to get into this game. This is something he wants to change, so I likely doubt he'll forget.

In the mean time, with hackers, DDOSing, and the engine update taking priority, it make take a bit of time, but hopefully the update, or UE4 will handle this long load.

Sure a petition will get things done.

The new theme is just an easy way to get a quick heartattack, Whenever i hear it it's either i disconnected or i think im banned.

Whenever the music plays i get VN flashbacks

Yes, we absolutely need the old menu music back with an HD version of the old menu. I believe Matt Scott did talk about the old login screen somewhere (might've been on the Kemp Q&A) and he said that he wants to bring it back. I'm hyped for that.

to this day I still quite haven't figure out why they replaced the login screen

10 hours ago, Nitronik said:

to this day I still quite haven't figure out why they replaced the login screen

I still say subliminal advertising. In a lot of the scenes there's premium and legendary guns laying around and not a f2p one in sight from what I remember.

Shoutout to the GOLD skinned Shredder on the hood of the police car in the Preatorian crime scene login menu that the camera conveniently zooms in on if you let the game sit for a second.

I want old login pls

The song should be used again, but LO should just revamp the whole UI and HUD to modern and more appealing standards (quit it with the nostalgic feel, we're trying to make a commercial game here, not one for a couple hundred people that are nostalgic)

On 2/25/2019 at 12:44 PM, _chain said:

quit it with the nostalgic feel

Nostalgia isn'treally the point; the point is in many cases games tend to add or change things and sometimes end up getting further and further away from the original 'feel' of a game. the song and 2D design go with the game's style much more. No one likes the current login, so instead of blasting off in a new direction they should go back to what they have that works, and was made by the original creators within the original vision of their product and improve upon that. I did say 'revamp' intentionally; I'm not asking for them to stick the old login back in and call it done. Redo the the login in the same style.

I do see what Reloaded Productions was going for in their cheesy scene, they added in the cars, contacts etc that were added to the game but there are waaaaaaaay more clever ways to show off new content than to make a overly complicated, and frankly bad, login screen