Gateron

Engine upgrade isn't going to be enough because gun play is shit [imo].

to be honest, along with a unique customization system, I think APB's gun play is the only other thing that makes this game pretty unique. I wouldn't have continued playing and constantly coming back to APB if its combat was any different than it is now, but if there are changes people want to see happen, then I wouldn't see a problem with that as long as it goes through OTW and the community approves of it.

the game is unique in its kind . its development and life depends directly on the competence of the surgical intervention , the generosity of the developers .

I have to agree with the fact that the gunplay is getting a bit boring, and to be honest, most people don't even stick to APB because of this exact issue. For us veteran players, the gunplay, vehicle mechanics, etc, feel natural but to most people trying out the game they just feel cheap and poorly executed. I honestly have no clue how LO could fix this but, to me, this is also one of things that are holding the game back.

the problem with different hitboxes in this game, is that cover does NOT work properly for it to be effective. We all know how to fire upon cover and still kill someone without them being visible at all. Adding headshots to that would only make it much much worse. Add ontop of that the current spawn system, and how things work already, and it would get even worse because you would die faster.

Aim is rewarded, its called hitting somebody and dealing damage. Don't hit them you don't do any. Don't hit them in the right range, don't deal as much damage.

Weapon handling in this game is strange because it doesn't feel smooth at times, but i wouldn't know where to begin to change things aside from full movement animation reworks, adjusting movement to be more fluid, and possibly using cover similar to the Vendetta or Gears where you can hop some of it/hop ontop as well as be entirely safe from behind it. I'd probably rework a few things as well, like lowyields and a few other weapons to make gameplay more enjoyable.

If people wanted the higher TTK back and it works, the only suggestion i have for that is to do a full blown community suggestion thing, where the community can decide for the most part what to test and where it's going.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 minute ago, sneekface said:

best gunplay of any 3rd person shooter imo.

I completely agree.

APB is the only third person shooter out there with proper camera.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2019 at 11:45 PM, sneekface said:

best gunplay of any 3rd person shooter imo.

Yeah everyone agrees with you because they are the only people left liking this garbage gameplay. If we had opinions of the old veterans that left the game a long time ago i think we would more variation in opinions.

flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg&f=1

the G1 company had a HUGE experience in collecting data for balancing weapons . LO should learn .

Stop trying to change ABP. Fukin silver patootie ideologists.

APB is a great TPS game with RPG elements. It just turns a bit boring and repetetive after a while. Thats why people are leaving (and I will return after engine upgrade is up. I guess many other people will do the same). Not bcs of APB not being a TPS Battlefield.

G1 did one good thing - a big weapons rework after they bought the game. Changing TTK, rate of fire, gunplay. They found this middle ground that makes everybody confortable to play, and mainly they made gunplay fun. I am sorry u extremists dont like it. This game is just not for you.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

4 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

This game is just not for you.

The problem is the game isnt for nearly everyone.

Remember APB as it is only attracts an average of like 500 players.

When you are a veteran and you have played thousand and thousand of hours of one game, sure there will come a point where you will get bored and would like to see some big changes to how the game works. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 6:19 AM, Gateron said:

Yeah everyone agrees with you because they are the only people left liking this garbage gameplay. If we had opinions of the old veterans that left the game a long time ago i think we would more variation in opinions.

You really think the only people left are the only ones who like the gameplay? Lol alright then. You couldn't be more wrong.

15 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

When you are a veteran and you have played thousand and thousand of hours of one game, sure there will come a point where you will get bored and would like to see some big changes to how the game works. 

4000 hours, and I don't really agree. Most of my issues with the game i've had forever, and only wish to change things that would make it more enjoyable for newer players, and more fluid.