Sign in to follow this  
illgot

how do people legitimately run jump/lean snipe with the scout?

I'm not sure if it is still legitimately possible but just ran against someone who was using a scout and constantly run jump/leaning in mid air and sniping people on my team.  Miss rate was pretty low and when I tried it with my scout the cross hair grew pretty large so not sure how this person was able to hit anything.

Is there a legitimate way of doing this?

Edited by illgot

It use to be a thing ... i believe that pro veteran tho use to play like this in past, could success on killing opponents. It needs some time and training. But its best to use only in close range ... you know hit your opponent like you do normally, if he decide to come closer you can surprice him by jumping from cover while you leaning and aiming at him...

Tho if this player was killing ppl. like this from long range i wont surprice if this player were cheating or atleast using crosshair shaders.

You can jump shoot up to maybe ~20 meters quite reliably with the scout. Beyond that it's just rng, at 50 meters or more you're not going to hit anything.

6 hours ago, illgot said:

I'm not sure if it is still legitimately possible but just ran against someone who was using a scout and constantly run jump/leaning in mid air and sniping people on my team.  Miss rate was pretty low and when I tried it with my scout the cross hair grew pretty large so not sure how this person was able to hit anything.

Is there a legitimate way of doing this?

yup, its possible within roughly 30-50m to hit fairly consistently unless they are behind cover while doing jump scout. Jump leaning is just for looks though.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

rip proper jumpshooting

Edited by BXNNXD
oops

Illgot, it use to be that the scout would have its crosshairs close all the way while you were mid jump. It was patched a while ago now. Its still the same thing where you jump and shoot. Its just more luck based when at further ranges though. Up close it still is effective since the character model is larger than the crosshair.

It's been patched because people qq'd. 

Last time i tried to cqc snipe i found it way more effective to just ADS in close quarters, move in unusual ways instead of just jumping (since people tend to jump a lot around corners i do the opposite, i crouch down, works most of the times until they realise what you're up to) 

Edited by _chain

It is just RNG now.

Should honestly be reverted to how it was before.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

isn't that difficult, im not addicted to that way but i used it couple times.

12 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

rip proper jumpshooting

Alive and well with the dog ear and hunting sight 3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Alive and well with the dog ear and hunting sight 3.

its not the same and you know it

Sign in to follow this