Sign in to follow this  
Farbon Ciber

Idea to hold us over until Engine update

I mentioned this before, a long time ago

how about, to mix things up a bit whilst we wait we make a few small changes to the game that changes gameplay from the norm. Here is my thought

LADDERS:

Move one or two ladders around

Remove or add ladders

Give access to more rooftops

FENCES:

Add some where one wasn’t before

Remove some

RAMPS:

Add a few more

This could be done in a separate district and could make things interesting as you would need to change strategy for some missions

perhaps this is more difficult than I am aware, but it seems like it would be easy and would mix it up a little while we wait

if nothing else, add a bunch of ramps to a test district so we can play around 🙂

• Like 1

i fail to see how this would really change gameplay, aside from poorly placed ladders causing further mission imbalance

• Like 4

I fail to see how this would fix threat, matchmaking, or anything else broken thats keeping players away from the game

• Like 1

I fail to see how this will enable me to make my in-game symbol a jiggly-gif of my manbewbs to display 24-7 in Social ultimately saving this game.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people fail to see what you are without a visual representation.

Even with a few examples, I feel that a few rearranged obstacles is not going to be game changing enough to really act as an incentive for people to play any more than they are already.

Sorry but while it may be fun for the 5 minutes, that is all it probably be.

I fail to see how this wouldn't take away man-hours from the engine upgrade

sounds like a waste of time for something only a few people (those who memorized every fence and ladder in the game) would notice.

It would just make the upgrade take longer.  Even back in the G1 days they said there was only like 1 or 2 people that knew how to use the world builder/map editor, and that it was a buggy mess.

The best solution is just for them to keep working on the engine update and leave the current crap alone.

I fail to see what see is supose to fail

20 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

I mentioned this before, a long time ago

how about, to mix things up a bit whilst we wait we make a few small changes to the game that changes gameplay from the norm. Here is my thought

LADDERS:

Remove or add ladders

Give access to more rooftops

FENCES:

Add some where one wasn’t before

Remove some

RAMPS:

Add a few more

This could be done in a separate district and could make things interesting as you would need to change strategy for some missions

perhaps this is more difficult than I am aware, but it seems like it would be easy and would mix it up a little while we wait

if nothing else, add a bunch of ramps to a test district so we can play around 🙂

editing a map is far more work than an engine upgrade

item placement  , script changes, and the map balance are all important.

you dont just move something like your house furniture without seeing if you can actually open your door still do you?

same with programming.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

editing a map is far more work than an engine upgrade

item placement  , script changes, and the map balance are all important.

you dont just move something like your house furniture without seeing if you can actually open your door still do you?

same with programming.

"Just add some items, whats so hard about dat" everything you even couldnt imagine

i dont doubt it would be a blast to see all the new bugs and mission inbalanced created by moving props in the famous apb speghetti code.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuut we kinda want the engine upgrade ASAP and that would take hours of manpower to do.

22 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

LADDERS:

Remove or add ladders

Only if we could have 1 district with only ladders and 1 with no ladders. 

I like the idea of more ramps though. A proper racing district should have these. 

21 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

I fail to see how this will enable me to make my in-game symbol a jiggly-gif of my manbewbs to display 24-7 in Social ultimately saving this game.

New APB loading screen 2019. 

Or intro movie? 

Come on people we've all seen the what the criminals are writing on the walls banana. No one wants to see that anymore we want jiggly manbewbs to the tune of Give Me That Punk.

Turn on dynamic events, so forget about missions just arse around with "the butcher" or make money as an enforcer in "drug mule".

Sign in to follow this