Sign in to follow this  
BiteTheBullet

Congratulations LO

Since the acquisition, the amount of cheaters in the playerbase has gone from 15% to at least 25%, or perhaps more.

Smart move disabling all forms of anti-cheat and letting the GMs sit idly by, while players with thousands in hours and money spent continue to get neglected.

Every day it gets worse and the neglect furthers.
I just love when 50% or more of my games have blatant ragehackers. Or when I first log in for the day and have to play against low-rank blatant ragehackers FIRST MISSION.

"""3/4 done guys"""

I'm ready to call it quits. Just as bad as Tiggs, G1, if not worse. Unprofessional and inexperienced. Go ahead and use "toxicity" as an excuse to make yourselves feel better.

PS. This game's hacking problem has gotten as bad as Infestation/WarZ, which pretty much set the record for most hackers in a game.

Edited by BiteTheBullet

Chill. Just play something else until they patch in BattlEye.

• Like 1

It was really really bad before the acquisition, the difference was that most of the cheaters had stopped bothering to play, same as the legits.... in other words, no-one cared.
With the acquisition, a LOT of veterans has come back, but that also means a LOT of cheaters has seen interest in getting their name out there "again".

Yes right now it sucks to wait and to see the scale of trash login to desperately cheat for their 15 minutes of fame before BE & FF is activated.
It's a phase, give them a little time to work with, they already announced BE in the coming weeks.

Edited by Tigrix

It's only been less than a month since Little Orbit took over. 

You want the old G1 back? The one who doesn't really talk to the community? 

At least give them another month or two. 

fairfight is still active

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheating situation's been bad since PB was turned off in October 2016 and we had no client side anti-cheat, just the slothful FF to rely on. Some days are worse than others, but the general trend has been about consistent, imo. And it hasn't changed much since LO came in. Actually their first week here was probably the cleanest week I'd seen in a while.

Also, FF isn't actually turned off atm.

OP, would you prefer them to implement BattlEye untested?

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

FairFight is still active but bans are not happening while LO preparing BattleEye, Also future bans WILL NOT be broadcasted.

You've not given Little Orbit a full month as a chance, It's not nice having cheated in game no but they're not just swapping out USB drives... It's a business taking over another business while still operating, Do you any idea how much work that is?

7 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

FairFight is still active but bans are not happening while LO preparing BattleEye, Also future bans WILL NOT be broadcasted.

You've not given Little Orbit a full month as a chance, It's not nice having cheated in game no but they're not just swapping out USB drives... It's a business taking over another business while still operating, Do you any idea how much work that is?

Which actually makes me think, it wouldn't be a too bad idea if they shut down the game for a couple of weeks before re-opening for good. It would both give them some breath to polish the game without constant bothering from the community and also give it a real new fresh start that could cancel the connection to the bad past.

1 minute ago, Nessie said:

Which actually makes me think, it wouldn't be a too bad idea if they shut down the game for a couple of weeks before re-opening for good. It would both give them some breath to polish the game without constant bothering from the community and also give it a real new fresh start that could cancel the connection to the bad past.

Unfortunate but probably would be for the best.

15 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

bans are also still happening, they’ve merely turned off the automatic banning and automatic broadcasting

Pretty  I R O N I C  post with the 'toxicity'

Took the effort to make a post, take the effort of calling quits. By the personality presented in this post, I'll make a guess that the game later on would be better without 🙂

Save the grief.

2 hours ago, BiteTheBullet said:

Since the acquisition, the amount of cheaters in the playerbase has gone from 15% to at least 25%, or perhaps more.

I love how you just make up numbers based on your narrow perception. I can do it also. 100% of people who make up numbers are usually wrong. 

• Like 1

It took years to get FairFight, we can survive a few weeks. Where did all that patience go?

15 hours ago, Rumple said:

It took years to get FairFight, we can survive a few weeks. Where did all that patience go?

yup exactly heh .. ofc delivery is important, but lets see right? they haven't broken any promisses yet as far as i'm aware.

Plus it's awesome they decided on keeping fairfight in the background, working in tandem with BE, doing it's slower statistical calculations. (probably they're also updating it? since Matt said in the interview that nobody had updated fairfight in ages) Whatever time needed to do it right, it's better than simply seeing the game dead (which was the fate until this surprise take-over). 

Yet again, I find myself repeating the same post. The amount of cheaters has risen only because the population has risen back up as well. The amount of cheaters is no different than when fairfight was in "operation". I quote "operation" because fairfight wasn't even a proper anti-cheat, the program was literally manual in that the admins merely received a report then banned the reported player simply on the grounds that enough people reported them. This was extremely abused both from the community, as well as the corrupt G1 Administration team of its time. If the admin team did not like a player they simply stated they were a cheated then broadcasted the ban. A whole clan of people reported one person, they were banned. While indeed some actual hackers were banned, most of the players that were removed from the servers were done so illegitimately. I'm unsure if you know a player by the name of Ghost whom led the Slumerican clan being banned. Due to the amount of money he invested, this player was able to take Gamersfirst to court and accomplished suing the company for illegal business practices and enforcing of ToS through false accusations. There is a reason why most companies list in the ToS that abuse of the report system is a actionable offense.

As I've mentioned numerous times, Little Orbit has only had APB: Reloaded for a month, which in business practice time is an incredibly short amount of time. As I have said numerous times to numerous individuals that have complained on the same matter, LO is still completing some levels of acquisition as well as damage control from the lack luster past of G1. They have already moved in the right direction by addressing the community and actively engaged with the player base. They have shown more willingness to revive APB than G1 has in the entirety of its ownership over the title. The very least we could do is swallow our pride when we lose against cheaters and afford Little Orbit the time they need to properly implement Battle eye.

As others have pointed out FairFight is currently but in some kind of manual mode at the moment they decided to put it in this mode because of how G1 set it up it was wrong and wasn't working the right way and they are currently working on getting Battleye in the game and to also fix FF which then will be a server side anti-cheat protection. so it will then have client and server side protection.

Edited by TR3NT

20 hours ago, BiteTheBullet said:

I'm ready to call it quits. Just as bad as Tiggs, G1, if not worse. Unprofessional and inexperienced. Go ahead and use "toxicity" as an excuse to make yourselves feel better.

Usually I try to approach people with empathy and understanding, but after seeing so much of this "beeh, LO hasn't gotten anything done!" mentality, despite LO having only taking over several weeks ago - and despite people thinking the game was abandoned entirely for several years: Get out, good riddance. 

Edited by Songbearer

2 hours ago, Tigrix said:

yup exactly heh .. ofc delivery is important, but lets see right? they haven't broken any promisses yet as far as i'm aware.

Plus it's awesome they decided on keeping fairfight in the background, working in tandem with BE, doing it's slower statistical calculations. (probably they're also updating it? since Matt said in the interview that nobody had updated fairfight in ages) Whatever time needed to do it right, it's better than simply seeing the game dead (which was the fate until this surprise take-over). 

I wasn't aware FF was still going to be playing the long-game & collecting data. That's awesome to hear. I don't think FF was updated because you have to keep paying for updates (like a subscription) so they implemented it initially, but then didn't opt for the managed service (G1/RP self-managed it) and didn't subscribe to updates. Or at least I believe that's how the story was told.

Congratulations, you made the first really salty forum thread since LO took over!!!

Edited by Sniperturtle
Fixed

1 minute ago, Sniperturtle said:

Congratulations, you made the first really salty forum post since LO took over!!!

I have been drunk salty posting since day one.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BiteTheBullet said:

Smart move disabling all forms of anti-cheat and letting the GMs sit idly by, while players with thousands in hours and money spent continue to get neglected.

Every day it gets worse and the neglect furthers.
I just love when 50% or more of my games have blatant ragehackers. Or when I first log in for the day and have to play against low-rank blatant ragehackers FIRST MISSION.

"""3/4 done guys"""

PS. This game's hacking problem has gotten as bad as Infestation/WarZ, which pretty much set the record for most hackers in a game.

So you got pooped on now you come to forums to complain. They are just probably collecting information to do a big ban wave. They should deal with the nolife hackers(that play every day) personally, but idk why they wont.