Stongs / shidiOt

Support is trash

I think people forgot support was flooded with tickets.

Roughly 70,000 at one time or higher I forget exact numbers.

They have to sort through them all to just find yours and that takes time.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

I think people forgot support was flooded with tickets.

Roughly 70,000 at one time or higher I forget exact numbers.

They have to sort through them all to just find yours and that takes time.

I thought this too.

Matt Scott was providing regular updates for their "Customer Support" stats regularly from June - Nov 2018.

The last update provided was in Nov 2018;

Right now we have 2358 total tickets open (unsolved).

1944 of those tickets have not been touched (contacted).

208 of those tickets are waiting on responses from players.

2358 total number of open tickets...

I think support has done very well from a total of 70,000

Job well done in my book.     😀

I did look at the APB Steam Charts for November 2018.

Now..... not everyone playing APB is also registered through Steam.

I'm not.

What % of the APB player base is using Steam ?

Good question.

50% .. ?

25% .. ?

15% .. ?

Less  ..?

Who knows ?

I dunno.

I went with a 15% value and the Nov 2018 "Open Ticket" count .... just to "guesstimate" some figures.

The peak number of players in Nov 2018 (according to Steam Charts), was 1076.  

( I am assuming this is for all servers )

Let's round it down to 1000.

2pobq6f.jpg

If we go with a count 1000 from Nov 2018, and 15% of the player base are using steam, maybe we can "guesstimate"

that the remaining non Steam connected playerbase of approx (85%) to be around 5000 players.

So a total of 6000 players ..  errm Characters ...  whatever...

not concurrent players, but the total playerbase.

We could say that with an avg of 2000 open tickets per month .. (it may be much less)...

and 6000 players possible opening a ticket, that would be like.. ;

3 tickets per "Character" opened , each month ...    WOW !!

"But I have never submitted a ticket.."

Same here, I never opened a ticket.

There's probably a lot of players that haven't.

I have asked question here on the forum, directed at the LO staff, just like many of us.

Admittedly, I was hoping to "skirt" the 3+ month wait time for a response.

The LO staff have answered some questions or responded to players/customer concerns here on the forum,

which is a good thing.

Me personally, NO question that I have directed specifically to LO has ever been answered here on the forum.

I have not yet perfected this art, but I am working on it.

Customer Service

Customer Satisfaction

Customer Perception

Customer Retention

Yeah.... It's a fickle beast, and I applaud the level of communication and level of transparency thus far.

Many of us ,  have "ALL" followed with unequivocal resolve that APB was/is,   a diamond stuck in the ruff.

Edited by Westford

I'd expect it to be less than 6000 based on what I see in the game. Couldn't see there being many more than 1500-2000 unique players on Citadel regularly, and it's the biggest server, (unless the Russian server is massive). So I'd say 3-4000 for the whole game. (Could be wrong obviously)

Matt's earliest posts in that thread show the number of tickets going up by 800 - 1300 a week. That would be equivalent to somewhere between 20 & 25% of the playerbase making a ticket a week if my read on the overall numbers is about right. Of course, it's very unlikely that everyone playing makes a ticket once every 4-5 weeks on the nose. It's actually more likely that 1% of the playerbase makes 90% of the tickets, and I bet most of them amount to whining about being scammed, banned, being killed by better players etc. etc.

tl;dr, a small number of people are probably flooding Support with useless shit.

And then about 10-20% of the remaining playerbase put in the rest of the tickets that are legit things to contact support about, that get delayed because of having to sift through shit.

G1's support sucked and now LO's is struggling under the volume they have. What's the common factor? The people sending in the tickets.

Edited by MrChan

30 minutes ago, MrChan said:

I'd expect it to be less than 6000 based on what I see in the game. Couldn't see there being many more than 1500-2000 unique players on Citadel regularly, and it's the biggest server, (unless the Russian server is massive). So I'd say 3-4000 for the whole game. (Could be wrong obviously)

Matt's earliest posts in that thread show the number of tickets going up by 800 - 1300 a week. That would be equivalent to somewhere between 20 & 25% of the playerbase making a ticket a week if my read on the overall numbers is about right. Of course, it's very unlikely that everyone playing makes a ticket once every 4-5 weeks on the nose. It's actually more likely that 1% of the playerbase makes 90% of the tickets, and I bet most of them amount to whining about being scammed, banned, being killed by better players etc. etc.

tl;dr, a small number of people are probably flooding Support with useless shit.

And then about 10-20% of the remaining playerbase put in the rest of the tickets that are legit things to contact support about, that get delayed because of having to sift through shit.

G1's support sucked and now LO's is struggling under the volume they have. What's the common factor? The people sending in the tickets.

Good points.

I had not factored in any escalation in submitted tickets.

One can only assume that the ticket "triage system" they have in place, prioritizes those tickets 

that truly need immediate attention.

1 hour ago, MrChan said:

a few  were flooding with "bot user" tickets.

one was sending them in around one an hour for a while on Jericho (they announced it regularly in district and are known publicly for it)

one reported me for killing them with a opgl grenade launcher when he was around 15 from me and i bounced it to get him on the bridge.

A lot of useless tickets were spammed. good to see the numbers are down.

On 2/22/2019 at 1:30 AM, Westford said:

2358 total number of open tickets...

I think support has done very well from a total of 70,000

Mattscott said this :

Hi everyone,

We had a rather unfortunate setback yesterday in CS. The provider that runs our customer service portal was hacked, and ~68K bad support tickets were opened. 
It took the better part of the day to get things sorted out. However, since we don't run this tool in-house, and we can't mass delete the garbage, it means our stats are now forever wonky going forward.
I'm just going to list them here, but I'll likely stop posting these stats and come up with another way to communicate our progress in Customer Support.

Like do you even london buddy? 

There is no 70,000 tickets they were just  hacked and they just have to deal with the existing and new tickets in this pile of garbage because they can't clean it up.

And that mathematical thing you just did up there is completely wrong, never show off your mathematical "skills" again.

i guess this is relevant 

8 hours ago, WorldDominator said:

Like do you even london buddy? 

Honestly my friend, I have only been to london once, hopefully that will be enough for now.

There is no 70,000 tickets they were just  hacked and they just have to deal with the existing and new tickets in this pile of garbage because they can't clean it up.

And that mathematical thing you just did up there is completely wrong, never show off your mathematical "skills" again.

Yeah I know, I was responding in slight sarcasm to @Fortune Runner's statement concerning LO having to sort through 70k tickets as a norm.

This was a one time incident.

The avg number of open tickets has been approx 2000 per month.

The, umm, "mathematical thing" that you are referring to was an example of the absurdity of the consistently high open ticket count.

I am sorry you missed that.

I think @MrChan has a pretty good grasp at my point.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:51 PM, MrChan said:

So what is the point ?

• Is the support system being SPAMMED by bots, as @Fortune Runner suggests , or just the same individuals submitting ridiculous tickets ?
  • Why such a consistently high open ticket count by a percentage of the playerbase ?
  • Why have the game server been experiencing consistent DDOS attacks months before LO took over, and continues till this day ?
  • How is it, that a 10 year old game garners so much destructive and subversive behavior from a portion of the playerbase ?

I don't want to play "arm chair psychiatrist" here, and try and guess why these consistent attacks to the game servers,

in game cheats to disrupt gameplay, nonsensical or useless support tickets are occurring.

I am just amazed at the amount of destructive efforts targeting a 10 year old game with a relatively small yet devoted player base.

Doesn't make sense.

Welp, gonna book myself on the next flight to london, cause, well you know, I am overdue.   😉

4 hours ago, Westford said:

Is the support system being SPAMMED by bots, as @Fortune Runner suggests , or just the same individuals submitting ridiculous tickets ?

I personally think it was bots that made the 70 , 000 and that now its only those who are sending in support tickets.

hopefully not someone spamming reports over a "cheater" for being run over

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

I personally think it was bots that made the 70 , 000 and that now its only those who are sending in support tickets.

hopefully not someone spamming reports over a "cheater" for being run over

I agree that bots were the likely culprit as far as the 70k tickets.

I would be curious to see a % breakdown of tickets submitted through the support system portal.

There may be many intstances where those issues should have been submitted using the "In Game Report" system.

I took a look at the "In Game Report" system, and it does cover a large majority of player issues.

LO revamped the "In Game Report" system, I'm assuming to offload from the ticketing system. 

(plus integrating other in games tools that Matt had mentioned)

There is a bit of redundancy between the two.

Particularly issues of Cheating & Griefing.

Are people still submitting tickets for those issues that are covered within the "In Game Report" system ?

Would LO prefer that the "In Game Report" system be used instead of the support portal, if the issue is covered within the "In Game Report" system ?

Anyways, I'm hoping that people take advantage of the "In Game Report" system instead of submitting tickets through the support portal if that helps LO in the long run.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:25 AM, TheKeanuReeves said:

With such a low playerbase, I'm pretty sure support team doesn't even try, Pretty sure they only work on support like 1 hour a week.

do you even read these forums?

do you realize how many absolute fucking IDIOTS report every person who has a decent match, every person who has a symbol or word on their outfit or car that offends them, or every person that insults them ingame?

Some dude not too long ago literally posted here saying he was making 14 or so reports a day trying to get rid of toxic players, and people actually supported his dumb patootie behavior. Many of those claims are probably investigated too.

Dumbass OP also doesn't realize how far along 3.5 is, and probably believes old G1 did work on it.

• Like 1

Some people deserve to be at the back of the line, just saying.

• Thanks 1

jesus christ why are you yelling 

1 hour ago, Clandestine said:

trash game trash support I guess it's fair

yet you are here

trash forum members too then? :^)

45 minutes ago, neophobia said:

yet you are here

trash forum members too then? :^)

read my signature

2 hours ago, Clandestine said:

read my signature