BlatMan

Shotguns were nerfed to sell the Showstopper 'Thunder' joker boxes.

I only died to showstopper like 3 out of like... 20 times someone tried killing me with it. I don't feel like its unbalanced. Also, if it's the same as it was during the "beta test" of it, where it takes 4-6 shots to kill at 20m, yeah, i'd call that balanced.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

8 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I only died to showstopper like 3 out of like... 20 times someone tried killing me with it. I don't feel like its unbalanced. Also, if it's the same as it was during the "beta test" of it, where it takes 4-6 shots to kill at 20m, yeah, i'd call that balanced.

its a 3stk up to 25m iirc

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I live when someone displays how little they know about APB and when they have that pointed out to them, they don't even flinch. 

... Priceless. 

I'm just trying to get a conspiracy going.

I REALLY hate to blow my own horn here but.....

20190214030037_1.jpg

I don't see the nerf anywhere.....

Everything looks good to me. Also, I play on 150ms so with less latency my JG would perform even better. 

I will admit that I don't main shotguns in Mission Districts because of the limited range or maybe because I don't perform that well outside of FC with it. 

Edited by Nickolai

43 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I REALLY hate to blow my own horn here but.....

20190214030037_1.jpg

I don't see the nerf anywhere.....

Everything looks good to me. Also, I play on 150ms so with less latency my JG would perform even better. 

I will admit that I don't main shotguns in Mission Districts because of the limited range or maybe because I don't perform that well outside of FC with it. 

Jg is fine, too strong imo, but CSG is a whole different story whether in missions or fightclubs.

That extend mag though "cough cough"

Honestly, JG feels better than it used to, CSG is a bit overshadowed now as a result of its changes, but still usable. NFAS...well.. let's not go there for now.

If anything, the showstopper is a moderate entry. It has the power, but it does fall short of being a top pick for a secondary. However, this community is extremely reluctant to any change, so it could be a hidden gem. I've had some good success with it and have caught many off-guard with its high damage output and slight fear factor it has when it lands everything.

Shotguns are mostly looking to be in a good spot. There's a few tweaks left to be done to a few, but they're now an alternate pick for CQC, as opposed to "everybody runs an OCA". Sure, OCA is still king for short range but I feel CQC has more options now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kempington said:

Honestly, JG feels better than it used to, CSG is a bit overshadowed now as a result of its changes, but still usable. NFAS...well.. let's not go there for now.

If anything, the showstopper is a moderate entry. It has the power, but it does fall short of being a top pick for a secondary. However, this community is extremely reluctant to any change, so it could be a hidden gem. I've had some good success with it and have caught many off-guard with its high damage output and slight fear factor it has when it lands everything.

Shotguns are mostly looking to be in a good spot. There's a few tweaks left to be done to a few, but they're now an alternate pick for CQC, as opposed to "everybody runs an OCA". Sure, OCA is still king for short range but I feel CQC has more options now.

JG, imo, is too fast, mostly unkillable in cqc situations with corners if you’re using oca or pmg. Even if you have perfect aim, it’s still hard to overshoot jg in open place with oca. In my experience with the current balance, the second shot of jg and you’re mostly dead if you’re playing against decent players. 

Edited by Lign

On 2/17/2019 at 2:34 PM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

It can't just be coincidence that the legendary shotgun is better than all other shotguns in game.

As bad as some shotguns in APB are, it can always get worse:

latest?cb=20190206163751

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WorldDominator said:

Jg is fine, too strong imo, but CSG is a whole different story whether in missions or fightclubs.

That extend mag though "cough cough"

I run EM3 for a reason. Due to my ping I need those 2 extra shots for a guaranteed kill. Sometime 8 shells are not enough and I don't like Bando or Mag Pull for the reason stated.

I own a CSG RT1 and it feels more persistent with a tighter shot spread but that I think its the biggest shortcoming since if you miss with the tight spread on the CSG you are less likely to hit something, unlike the JG's more spread out pattern. 

11 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

As bad as some shotguns in APB are, it can always get worse:

latest?cb=20190206163751

*Pathfinder voice* Mozambique here!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kempington said:

I feel CQC has more options now.

I wouldn't call that an accurate statement as there has never been always alot of options for CQC, the OCA, PMG, JG, CSG respectively were always the competitive weapons in that sort of range and now they have decided to remove the CSG in the last weapon balance out of this competition. 

Ofcourse, there are other CQC SMGs like misery, norseman, vas c2-troublemaker and their other Variants which are utterly uselesss and have been always almost non existent in the meta and between high tier players. 

I forgot to mention the Cap40, which is "almost" an OCA reskin so i wouldn't categorize it as a totally different weapon.

So what i actually see is that the main four options of CQC weapons have been reduced by one "CSG" which totally needs to be either reverted or tweaked, so imo there is basically less options when it comes to CQC now.

2 hours ago, Nickolai said:

*Pathfinder voice* Mozambique here!

Mozambique?

More like MozamWEAK amirite??? 

23 hours ago, Kempington said:

NFAS...well.. let's not go there for now.

Why? all you have to say is that it kills faster than all the shotguns, and somehow works fine with CJ3 so it can kill even faster. Easier to hold corners with, and if you wanted to be aggressive with it, just rush someone with a pioneer and as long as you have cover you're pretty much guaranteed to win that 1v1.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:13 AM, NickYoung said:

csg, jg, all shotguns before the strife shotty was 85 damage output up close and personal. Can anyone else quote me on this? I've played this game for a very long time I know my shotties. And JG does not have 75 damage output its 65 just like csg and tas20s. The csg and tas20s at least have a better spread control than the JG. First and foremost get your facts straight. 

thankfully we have a really outdated version of apbdb from october 2014.

http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Shotgun_JG_Slot3/

it says damage: 12x60 there. if we calculate that... we get 720 damage. considering a player has 1000 hp, that's 72 damage for you.

csg on the other hand

http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Shotgun_CSG_Slot1_Armas/

used to have 29x21 damage, that's 609 - or as you'd say, 61.

both had same range/dropoff, but JG was much more inaccurate  (85 vs 132cm at 10m range), as you said.

there current stats for comparison are here:

https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_Pistol_Showstopper_PR1_ArmasJB

https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_Shotgun_JG_Slot3

https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_Shotgun_CSG_Slot1_Armas

(linking slotted versions so you can put mods in to test the actual stats - barely anyone uses unmodded shotguns and a comparison might not be fair this way. IR3 is basically standard)

On 2/27/2019 at 12:43 AM, NickYoung said:

I mean just try it out yourself in the game and get back to me on this because no one wants to read a bunch of data like that. Give me personal experienced feedback not just data please. The shotguns need a buff that's just plain and simple and I feel like the people who think they're overpowered are people who have not used the gun or uses it as their primary (which I try to) 

stop giving me valid, objective data! i need subjective statements! okay, the jg used to do one-shots, very op, 85m range from my experience.

do you prefer this? how does this prove anything more? have you ever done anything close to scientific work? not like you'd have to to understand that saying "nuh-uh, i think it's better hence you are wrong" is proper nonsense.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:38 AM, NickYoung said:

The showstopper has a faster fire rate than a shotty which makes that balanced. And how you use that gun is the same way you use a shotgun which is to take cover and pop when the enemy is there. Out in the open of course you'll get overrun by a pmg or oca or nfas etc etc. What is RNG?? Do you mean hit reg? The shotgun is meant to be used in close quarters but its also designed to be a 2 shot kill so why do we need to try our hardest to attain that? Your dexterity has to be at max level to make a 2 shot kill with a shotty unless your target just stays still. And I have the showstopper and it works like a quick shotty with more range and way better hit reg because the spread is too dam good on it. I can get a 3 shot kill from 25meters away. That applies same thing with shotties 25 meters away gives you 3 shot kill... Do you see where I'm getting at? The showstopper has a faster fire rate but kills in 3 shots 25 meters away (Alot more accurate than shotties) The shotgun has slower fire rate and also kills 3 shots 25 meters away. Ummmmmm YO BUFF THE SHOTGUNS! 

So what is this proving right now?

RNG means random number generator. you say that, when something is... well, random. in relation to shotguns, they probably meant that the spray is random (instead of fixed sprays) - which is actually the case.

that being said... the showstopper is a bit better at slightly higher ranges than the actual primary shotguns. which is kinda of ridiculous? i guess? it is a bit harder to hit at closer ranges though - and it does get outclassed by other weapons at those ranges - but yeah, there is room for some tweaking. the primary shotguns are in a very fair spot rn though (could probably use a mild buff again though - especially the csg?)

but: JESUS WEPT could you PLEASE stop triple-posting & quoting yourself (there is an edit button) - and start using SOME paragraphs? also think (for a sec at least) or at least google if you actually don't know something and think you could be right because you feel so? and learn to argue/discuss properly? also jeez, your posts are annoying too read.

Edited by neophobia

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Is it just me or does how the servers lag less than pre Little Orbit days make people see the guns differently now?

the servers dont lag less than pre-orbit, and even if they did that would be far more likely to cause people to see shotguns as too strong rather than too weak

On 2/27/2019 at 12:09 AM, BXNNXD said:

its a 3stk up to 25m iirc

did they do any modifications to it then before release? or did i just forget lol... w/e. TTK isn't too bad tho imo, its 1.02, which is a little faster than the fbw's, but simlar range, and has a chance of worse damage and not making up shots if miss/partial hit.

6 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

the servers dont lag less than pre-orbit, and even if they did that would be far more likely to cause people to see shotguns as too strong rather than too weak

where were you when we had the saying " Jesus take the wheel " lol

18 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

where were you when we had the saying " Jesus take the wheel " lol

sounds like pre-overkill servers

these days the servers dont even stay connected long enough to say "jesus take the wheel" you just get booted

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

sounds like pre-overkill servers

these days the servers dont even stay connected long enough to say "jesus take the wheel" you just get booted

it was pre-pre overkill servers, like 2013-2014. My favorite was when every vehicle except pio, certain trucks, dump truck, and blue steel, couldn't start moving without doing a wheelie... and driving was hell