Ketog

Language / Region specific chat tabs.

Seeing last post from @MattScott here many people started getting concerned for the ammount of russians comming to citadel .

ย 

While players don't really hate Russians themselves , it's been a recurring complain that players hate to see the chat being "Spammed" by people communicating using Cyrillic characters .

Talking with a few friends we figured out something that could attenuate the conflict between Latin and Cyrillic languages without dividing the community .

ย 

Here's the solution im proposing , just give any player by default an extra chat tab giving access separate chat with people that speak Cyrillic languages :

unknown.png

ย 

On this screenshot we can see an "Europe" tab and a "ะ ะพััะธั" tab (which means Russia in Cyrillic)

ย 

When going ingame nothing would be changed , Russians would still have access to the European chat (But not be able to type in Cyrillic in it) and Europeans would also have the abillity to go into the Russian chat (But only be allowed to type with Cyrillic characters)ย  , this would allow Russians starters to be lead to the right people when they start the game and also avoid unnecessary annoyance in the European chat while still allowing them to interact with other players if they are willing to .

ย 

The Russian chat tab would have a completely separated district/yell/say chats while keeping all other channels the equivalent of the European ones to still allow communication in team group or other private chats.

ย 

ย 

I am aware that Russia is part of europe , but let's consider them as "regions" as it makes it easier for everyone .

ย 

Having this added in the game would greatly reduce the tension in district chat while also making Russians feel less oppressed by Europeansย  , we all want to play and have fun with people from places close to us , but we also don't want to be stuck in a box and empty servers , this is a great solution to greatly attenuate the problem .

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Ketog
Adding some more details
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Great in theory, though my experience with other games that have nationality based chats. they often get left unused unless it is enforced either automatically (can't use Cyrillic letters in euro chat for example) or manually (GM presence).

2 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Great in theory, though my experience with other games that have nationality based chats. they often get left unused unless it is enforced either automatically (can't use Cyrillic letters in euro chat for example) or manually (GM presence).

I'm certain OP meant for it to be enforced automatically and its a good suggestion. No more cyrillic spam and no more crybabies spamming either 10/10

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2019 at 9:09 PM, Crusadeer said:

I'm certain OP meant for it to be enforced automatically and its a good suggestion. No more Cyrillic spam and no more crybabies spamming either 10/10

Pretty much, Russians could still access the Europe chat but not type in Cyrillic, and Europeans could access the Russian chat but .

Edited by Ketog

7 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

i wish Citadel Eu would looks like Patriot EU2 or Obeya EU1.. no cyrillic.. just normal alphabet.

9 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

It would be great if Cyrillic letters weren't usable inย EU chat. Also I'm not sure if Russians can name their characters in Cyrillic or if they have to use the latin alphabet, either way, it would be hard for a european to interact in chat with a name which they can't even type let alone understand. (referring to /w /report etc)ย 

7 hours ago, Basih said:

It would be great if Cyrillic letters weren't usable inย EU chat. Also I'm not sure if Russians can name their characters in Cyrillic or if they have to use the latin alphabet, either way, it would be hard for a european to interact in chat with a name which they can't even type let alone understand. (referring to /w /report etc)ย 

Agree with you, thats exactly what i wanted to say.

On 2/17/2019 at 8:01 PM, Ketog said:

No i didn't , i even state that russians can still acess the normal chat , it's mostly so russians have a place to speak to their people without annoying others .

well its not like they'll be banned from accessing normal chat? just not able to write cyrillic in normal chat? atleast thats how i understood it

13 hours ago, Crusadeer said:

well its not like they'll be banned from accessing normal chat? just not able to write cyrillic in normal chat? atleast thats how i understood it

i indeed thought of that but i honestly forgot to include it in the topic .

I had exactly the same idea and i like how you presented it. You also added more to that to underline your idea.ย I would really like to see it in the way you showed us.

Edited by JunoSuzuki

Great idea. But probably like many great ideas people had for this game its not gonna happen.ย 

Im allowing myself to bumt this thread knowing that the nekrova merge happened.