Basih

Fragile needs a buff

Hiya,

I really love fragile. The problem is that it causes you to be absolutely useless in any type of fight .It causes you to be a two burst kill from Obir and a 5 shot kill from N-tec. My point here is that no modification should lower your health, since that will inherently make it unviable.  It could however have another effect instead, what if it caused you to take more explosive damage? It would still have the running speed bonus but without the game breaking health loss, while still having a "bad side" to it like most mods in this game does.  

FnMod_Character_Fragile.png

Current Stats:

+14% sprint speed
+14 % run speed

-14 % health

What I had in mind would be something like this:

+14% spring speed
+14% run speed
+14% damage taken from explosives

This would really make it a viable option if you don't want Clothing Agent 3. 

• Like 2

A couple of my friends run fragile. You are greatly underestimating it's potential with the current balance. with your proposed changes Fragile would become overpowered af, especially considering that an increased movement speed is most certainly an at least soft counter to explosives.

• Thanks 1

I think fragile is fine as it is. As long as you do the right moves, you survive a fight. I use fragile myself and don't have any issues with it. Ofcourse I die faster but with the speed and in close range enemies have a hard time aiming at me.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:43 PM, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

A couple of my friends run fragile. You are greatly underestimating it's potential with the current balance. with your proposed changes Fragile would become overpowered af, especially considering that an increased movement speed is most certainly an at least soft counter to explosives.

It is very rare to see anyone using fragile.. One in maybe 100 missions. I used to use it but it is just unbearable to be two bursted by Obir and being one shot by concussion grenades. My point is that the current iteration of Fragile isn't very useful, it should have something other than health loss.

15 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

unknown.png

I wouldn't want to use Fragile if you wouldn't be able to run properly or even jump up on the most basic ledges and objects. The health-regen delay idea I could get behind though, it would be like an inverted Clothing Agent but making you quicker instead. 

• Like 1

Your suggestion will just make the game even easier for OSCAR/Carbine players

Only reason its a 14% reduction anyway is so it's not a 1 shot kill from hvr.

explosive vulnerability would be cool instead of a health debuff, but i also suggest hvr vulnerability (only hvr IMO, ar and burst guns would be absolute arse to play against) since explosives are dodgeable on fragile anyways. (Not having a health debuff is already forgiving on good players.) Only having one of the two is lacking and would be a direct buff to the mod, but having both sort of avoids that. 

Edited by _chain

Need @Leefekyn on this as a fragile main.

We had came up with the idea that its not just +14% movement, but it also speeds up animations, such as vaulting and door kicking & ladder climbing. Thought it was just enough of a boost to make fragile that little bit stronger but not break the mod entirely.

As Nano said, having a faster speed for movement based animations would put the mod in a pretty good spot. If the base health regen delay wasn't so slow to start, I wouldn't think fragile would need a buff at all. So maybe the problem isn't with fragile but with health regen in general, and how much of an advantage Clotting Agent gives in comparison.

i always use dis mod

maybe just modulate the   " -14% "

in an other point of vue

evry ppl who don t have the right threat in the district they are should have health bonuses or penalties

( in case phasing does not work  ^^  )