Tunner

Melee Weapons?

Melee might not work too well in normal districts, but if there was like a melee only fight club room it might.

If people want them in mission districts, then all I can think of is melee only district rooms. As said, can't see them working with weapons. So a whole district dedicated to melee? Perhaps if that district is tweaked to resemble a beat em up and has altered missions to accommodate.

Edited by Xegethra
Sentence structure....

On 2/19/2019 at 1:32 PM, Xegethra said:

Melee might not work too well in normal districts, but if there was like a melee only fight club room it might.

If people want them in mission districts, then all I can think of is melee only district rooms. As said, can't see them working with weapons. So a whole district dedicated to melee? Perhaps if that district is tweaked to resemble a beat em up and has altered missions to accommodate.

What do you mean? In all "gun" games Ive played (even where melee is a 0.00000001% thing), melee weapons have worked alright. I see no reason to not allow melee in normal districts.

Edited by Tunner

It's already been gone over.

I like the idea, but the feasibility has to trump the cool aspect of it. 

Melee would work in system thats in the fashion of golf games or similar to the video provided below.

Swinging/stabbing/slashing too early from the sweet spot will make you stagger your step and not be able to draw your gun or swing again within a certain widow of time. You'll do reduced damage.

Swinging/stabbing/slashing on time will let you hit your target within the damage window of the weapon.

Swinging/stabbing/slashing too late will simply make you stagger your step in a more exaggerated amount of time in comparison to swinging too early

There are 3 melee categories, you have stab, slash and swing.

Stab, your sweet spot is sooner but your window of damage is directly in front of the character.

Slash, your sweet spot should be closer to the middle of the meter but still closer in the direction from the left of it. The damage is a tad farther than stab but your window of damage is simply an arc lateral or medial to the character depending on the direction of movement your character is moving. Say you press D as you start to charge your attack, your slash will go from left to right of the character, then say you press W, your swing with go from eye to waist level.

Swing, your sweet spot will be later than what it is for a slash weapon. Its arc goes from shoulder height to beyond the opposite side of that characters waist line. This can also go the same direction as slash but that just means a swing weapon will have a lot of directions to be utilized.

All 3 will do the same amount of damage. As far as a number for damage, no one I know is happy with either 1/2,1/4 or 1/5 of the characters stock 1000 health, it's for yall to decide. After all, you could just shoot the person you want to kill but then again you have folks that are cocky little shits who wants to treat their opposition to a baseball bat to the head.

Everyone would have access to all three forms of melee, though there can be exclusive weapon models for the individual factions like Criminals get a pocket knife for stab while the Enforcers get a pocket taser, likewise, for swing Criminals have a short bat and Enforcers get a collapsible baton. Though it is encouraged that there be some ARMAS exclusive models as well as ones you unlock through simply getting melee kills.

2 hours ago, MurkTheMerc said:

~snip~

It's as the prophecy foretold!

On 2/15/2019 at 9:07 AM, AlishaAzure said:

There were some concept arts but never saw the light of the day but i would love to change abit the style of apb with this new gameplay.

To add to this there is animations in some really earlier trailers of the original RTW release I can't find it right now but its a couple of frames of a dude swinging at the camera with what looks like a bat! 

There is old animations in the files that show melee was planned along with some snips from a trailer if i recall. I can't find the trailer but here is the animations 

4 hours ago, Sivebrady said:

To add to this there is animations in some really earlier trailers of the original RTW release I can't find it right now but its a couple of frames of a dude swinging at the camera with what looks like a bat! 

There is old animations in the files that show melee was planned along with some snips from a trailer if i recall. I can't find the trailer but here is the animations 

If I remember correctly, I think the video you're referring to was of Zombie hitting the camera with a skateboard.  I think I remember them saying it was originally meant to be used as a short cutscene to help you get to know the characters better.  I could be way off on that though, it's been forever since I've seen it.