Sign in to follow this  
Flynn

The Pack Of Revelations Price Jumped $20?

I have been eyeballing the Pack of Revelations for probably a week or two now and often pondering when would be the right time to strike and get, when suddenly last Friday there's a post from Matt:

Giqibel.png

Going through this the night it was posted, I was, along with probably a lot of other people, excited!

After so long, a rework to our (beloved?) Armas Marketplace. So I'd found my reason to wait, so I wanted to wait until this Armas update was pushed through.

What do I see when the update comes out? 

Along with a fresh coat of paint, the first thing I check is the packs and I see the price went up from $50 to $70.

Looking at it now, it says specifically "Of the items reduced, the price has been lowered on average by 30%".

Was my hype warranted for the price drop? Or did I once again set my expectations too high?

What do you guys think about this realistically saddening wording? Clever, in my opinion but equally saddening as that's the one thing I actually wanted.

Bundles have been updated to reflect the standardized pricing with some seeing an increase

• Thanks 1

It says very clearly in the part you copied that bundle prices have been changed to reflect the price changes with some seeing an INCREASE.

I personally read that as a  warning that bundles with a ton of stuff in them are more likely to cost more now than before.

1 hour ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

So, no one bough that pack before, neither is going to now.

I've bought it, it was worth it! 

Edited by xRyona

Honestly doesn't bother me too terribly much. The pack offers quite a bit of content even at the adjusted price. If anything it's just in the same ballpark as it was prior to the G1C price adjustments. Eh.

oh so it actually turns out i'm a damn buffoon so sorry i wish my brain was as big as my eighteen wheeler 

Still no account wide variants for every sold item and right now it's hard to even figure out what is char and what is acc wide.

LO doesn't understand that quantity doesn't mean quality. The pack provides a lot stuff such as 5 weapons, a new car and 4 packs of clothing but they all suck. I barely see someone using new car due to bad handling, it's actually even worse than its alternatives bishada or jericho. Weapons, I don't even want to talk about it, clothing can be bought separately and the only one I see around in the game is war tech pants.

Edited by Lign
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lign said:

LO doesn't understand that quantity doesn't mean quality. The pack provides a lot stuff such as 5 weapons, a new car and 4 packs of clothing but they all suck. I barely see someone using new car due to bad handling, it's actually even worse than its alternatives bishada or jericho. Weapons, I don't even want to talk about it, clothing can be bought separately and the only one I see around in the game is war tech pants.

don't buy it then

https://copyshrug.com

they priced things equally, this includes a lot so it's expensive - and as you said yourself, most interesting things are available seperately

Edited by neophobia

3 minutes ago, neophobia said:

don't buy it then

https://copyshrug.com

they priced things equally, thus includes a lot and as you said yourself, most interesting things are available seperately

I won't, I just explained why increasing the price for the pack is a bad thing. So, what's the point of buying it for this price if most interesting things are available separately. Let's take a look at Juggernaut pack. Pretty pants, nice looking hat, better looking knee pads than the version for 99g1c(imo), 2 good competitive weapons that I use sometimes such as lmg and smg versions of S1. The only things suck in the pack are assault rifle version of S1 and espacio with kits

Edited by Lign

1 hour ago, Lign said:

I won't, I just explained why increasing the price for the pack is a bad thing. So, what's the point of buying it for this price if most interesting things are available separately. Let's take a look at Juggernaut pack. Pretty pants, nice looking hat, better looking knee pads than the version for 99g1c(imo), 2 good competitive weapons that I use sometimes such as lmg and smg versions of S1. The only things suck in the pack are assault rifle version of S1 and espacio with kits

no need to overexplain this. the price is, as you said, related to the amount of content. and pricing contents equally - without regard to e.g. how meta a weapon is - is reasonable. they should be equally as good (though different niches (obvs for weapons and cars, also kind of for kits and clothing)) and if that's not the case, that's not something that should be addressed with pricing but with fixes.

so, as this contains a lot of content, the price is okay-ish.

even if you subjectively don't like the clothing and the kit, a weapon is normally 1600,  so 5 weapons for the pack price is more than fair.

the weapons are also not as bad as you try to claim... but could use some tweaks.

I invite you to read this topic :

That 70$ could be spent on a game that's in a way better state than this one, and you'd probably get more content from it. Just putting that out there.

• Like 1

2utqd15.png

$78.65 ....APB or any new AAA game with deluxe or even greater edition hmm 🤔 .....

All things considered, the pack of revelations pass had been one of the best bang for buck pack to the point of being ludicrously cheap, so I saw it coming that it would take a hike upwards. I personally didn't buy the pack before, and I can say with absolute certainty that I won't buy it now.

Everything is still stupid expensive.

Ok, not everything. One particular item is cheaper and I'm going to take advantage of that. Otherwise, still too expensive. Not saying which item either. 😛

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

7 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

One particular item is cheaper and I'm going to take advantage of that. 

Come on don't be shy and share with the rest of us before ARMAS is "standardized" again.

93f37c4a7d6175da33f3aa137de1738e.png ad8f57fca419a5370381210531179cdc.png

seems like both account bound packs have been returned to "normal" price, and numerous other items have had price changes/equalizations 

I have had this pack since it came out, did they ever make the weapons not terrible?

34 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

I have had this pack since it came out, did they ever make the weapons not terrible?

the strife was always decent

the curse had a minor balance change from orbit iirc, still not that great

oblivion was pretty drastically changed by orbit (boot timer removed, accuracy improved, etc) still remains a less versatile issrb 

misery had some orbit balance changes, remains subpar

edit: i forgot about the harbinger, which says everything you need to know about it

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

the strife was always decent

the curse had a minor balance change from orbit iirc, still not that great

oblivion was pretty drastically changed by orbit (boot timer removed, accuracy improved, etc) still remains a less versatile issrb 

misery had some orbit balance changes, remains subpar

edit: i forgot about the harbinger, which says everything you need to know about it

That's true, Strike was always okayish.

I could never make the Curse work, I guess that will continue.

Boot timer on Oblivion? I don't remember what you mean. Also, that's too bad...

Yeah the Misery looks just bad, it's TTK and Range don't match up very well.

*sigh* Oh Harbinger. It's such a cool idea, but it's so awful in implementation 😞 I always loved the concept.

Sign in to follow this