vsb

Armas Update Feedback

One of the most egregious examples of faction pricing difference:

0O4rSGB.png

82AqUky.png

912 G1C difference. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Oops. Not intentional. Thanks for the heads up.

On that note, there is a similar situation with the Raptor SRX Mikro (2,587 G1C) and the Cheetah M2 Mikro (2,441 G1C)!

23 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I believe ARMAS bundles have now been sorted out. None of them should be more than they were.

Thanks,

Matt

While I'm happy y'all fixed many of the pricing issues, there is a few not even hard to find:
93ad0e2edf.png32f584972d.png
VS.
fbf5b8536f.png

Both bought separate cost 2,258
With the pack you pay 785 more. That's gonna be a yikes from me, dawg

EDIT: 2/18

ef7502757d.png

cf6d24230e.gif

Edited by Acornie
  • Like 1

i can only wonder if the armas people actually read this thread thoroughly lol

Made a bug report about some missing items and other problems with the new armas update

• Like 1

Wouldn't a megathread be a better option at this point?

Hi all,

I wish you could see the tools we are working with.

I realize this must appear easy, but it's quite the opposite.

Bundles in bundles in uber bundles is the worst case right now.

One would think that the store had some sort of rollup pricing with a discount.

But it doesn't. Everything is manually priced, and there is no easy way for us to pull the contents of a bundle out into Excel.

Our latest effort resulted in a spreadsheet with 70K rows that we eventually winnowed down to 9K rows.

There is going to be a pass this week to get rid of the weird G1C pricing amounts that don't end in 99.

But the more I dig into the code, the more I want to overhaul the whole store to be easier to maintain.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

But the more I dig into the code, the more I want to overhaul the whole store to be easier to maintain.

Now I want to know how the hell G1 managed to make such a complicated interface for what is essentially a store front.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MattScott said:

JBvamFp.jpg

Edited by stargazer

stuff's bonkers when even ARMAS is held up together by duct tape and chewing gum

22 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

But it doesn't. Everything is manually priced, and there is no easy way for us to pull the contents of a bundle out into Excel.

Our latest effort resulted in a spreadsheet with 70K rows that we eventually winnowed down to 9K rows.

There is going to be a pass this week to get rid of the weird G1C pricing amounts that don't end in 99.

Thanks,

Matt

Sounds like a nightmare.

LO: "You must have had some lousy devs work on this! This thing is being held together by paper clips and chewing gum!" 

Reloaded: "We put some sticky tape in there too." 

LO: 

Reloaded: 

40 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Matt

holy fuck

well i guess its way more understandable why things are kind of all over the place

at least we know reloaded was consistent, making a mess of the game and a mess of armas lmao

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

What you did seems like an intermediate step.

I believe you lost time doing that.

Armas store overhaul could wait for later date and more importantly be done from scratch to auto-calculate everything, taking into account all items in each bundle instead of doing it manually using spreadsheets...

• Like 1

[COPY PASTE FROM OTHER THREAD ]

Yea that sort of wierd stuff can be found in ARMAS. For example, the Coroner marksman rifle configuration is in semi-auto rifles. But the sniper variant is nowhere]

And (I don't know if it has been fixed yet) you were able to trail a weapon multiple times if you could find them in multiple tabs (a weapon on i.e. assault rifle tab could be trail-d, whereas you could start a new trial if the same weapon appeard on the 'most popular' tab, for example.)

I've seen some weapons indicating that I unlocked them 'character-bound permanently', whereas this is not the case. I spotted this [14 february]. I don't own the Death & Taxes bundle (Nor do I own them individually)... But I think it may be an issue with weapon trials (altough not sure).

Also, one weapon (ATAC NFCP 3) indicates it is char-bound, whereas it should be account-bound.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:44 AM, Kevkof said:

This weapon was previously awarded as a character bound permanent weapon, it was given as a code when you had to do 500 rifleman kills in X days. That's most likely why you can't get it on that character.

When i want to purchase them in Armas this purpel symbol is shown by all 3 types of the Norseman, means i can buy them account bound only BUT that also mean i already have them in my ingame weapon list but this is the problem i don't have them, soooo LO is wrong or me? It's may possible that i finally get them or get something back? for me it's really unfair 😞

Btw. i never ever get a code to reedem them 😐

Can someone help me with that @MattScott or @Lixil ?

Edited by Hausman
my dumbness is real lol

Yea, account lifetime bundles, clothings, packs, vehicles should be added.

• Thanks 2

this thread is by far the best one i have ever seen, it has everything a great thread needs XD im not even being sarcastic over here! anyways, lets begin:

On 2/14/2019 at 2:55 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

My dear, I will tell this as engineer, the random as you intend doen't exist, in short words it's just number calculated in a range for example from 1 to 10.

If I put  or increase this range numbers for example for 1 to 1kk, it's all another point .

It's not a matter of random, it's A MATTER HOW MUCH THE "RANGE" OF THE THIS RANDOM IT'S SETTED 

oh! watchout guys! we have a Bad A- Engineer over here! (BAE)

can i call you bae? imma call you bae ❤️

btw, what up with your writing? are you compensating for something? i mean, look at the size of that... font 😏 for real tho, im cringy but you take the cake and all the honors.

anyways, im going to rephrase what cookie said, ehem:

"you have no control over wich value of the chain of the pseudo-random numbers generated buy whatever algorith APB's function uses , is produced at the moment of you opening your box, specially without knowing wich algorith apb uses or wich seed it used"

...but lets be honest over here, its APB's code, pretty sure it just uses whatever rand() function the language have and it seeds using the clock every time it needs a new number.

so... random is random.

but i understand you, you dont want to discuss whats random and whats not, you want to discuss how the chance of getting a legendary was reduced, but once again, its kind of... hard to understand you when you write like a first grader on ketamine 😉 too bad you arent as pasionate for english as you're for engineering (IF you really are an engineer, but considering how cringy and awkward your writing is, you probably are)

just kidding! you would be the 1st engineer i meet who cant hold a decent discussion without having to compensate for his lack of substance by calling people "ignorants" "uneducated" and other insults, trying to feel superior than the rest. 

i guess you're not an engineer, just because a cringy guy throwing random tantrums in the internet, insulting people instead of trying to discuss their points, and later shielding himself behind a "I am a passionate person and so many times got from the moment I happen to be wrong with some people"  would be a complete shame for the engineering profession. oops! i guess you're not pasionate enough to try to put some dignity in the title of "engineer".

you kind of behave like a 9 year old tho... mmm... #subscribetopewdiepie ;D

what are you going to say? that im"uneducated" or "ignorant" because i decided to make a post about you? such a bad patootie, now try to have a normal discussion beafore throwing random insults and tantrums

that i can "call you" with all my "boyfriends"? wow, such a great insult... for a 9 year old kid, come on, is that everything you have? if you're going to be disrespectful, at least try.

that im not part of this discussion? you're in a public forum, i can say whatever i want, i dont need an invite, hello, here i am.

that "being insulted by a fool douchebag is always Un4Cc3Pt48L3!!!!!!"? wow, such a great samurai we have here! much honor very proud. get off your high horse!... more like a pony tho.

what are you going to say? that im a "KEYBOARD LION?" more like a keyboard bear, but still,  rawr to you baby ❤️

still love you BAE 😉

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Matt

im not surpriced but that doesnt mean its not painful to read how APB's code breeds the strong desire to throw it away and redo from 0. best wishes for the mental sanity of all the people involved in this task!

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

@MattScott "slightly" off topic but with the engine upgrade comes the XBOX UI which (as i've said 30 times) i dont like here's 1 example.

k6uUw87.png

The font on xbox is not as good pc's.

(and the mailbox has a transparent window... might make it hard to read white letters)

So my question is will we get back PC's font and ui in the future?. Xbox does not have a trading system (as far as i know since i can't play xbox one's apb In australia)

1 other point

http://www.thisisxbox.com/mmo-apb-reloaded-coming-free-gold-members/

"founders" the first people to play apb got exclusive items, apb-reloaded-xb1-weapon.png

Will everyone else have a chance to get them when we finally get apb in Australia? (and other places that don't have it on ps4/xbox)

Edited by Zolerox

while we're at it, i'd like to share my issue with armas. 

if you've bought key to the world pack before you've bought rocker bundle, you won't be able to have TAS 20 shotgun (since it doesn't come with the key to the world pack). If you try to buy rocker bundle it would say that you've already purchased the item and add to cart button will not work

OnuLTeK.png

while i think that warning itself is a good idea overall, this shouldn't prohibit you from buying the bundle if you want to do so.

just an example of how this issue is solved in warframe's marketplace:

8f2d613c8fb32d98dc1ca01a8d7fda0c.png

or, you know, you could just release it as a regular weapon in shotgun category, i wouldn't complain. 

Armas is still missing "Moirai wheels kit" and "Kurai wheels kit" as single items!

greetz

On 2/17/2019 at 9:23 PM, MattScott said:

But the more I dig into the code, the more I want to overhaul the whole store thing to be easier to maintain.

APB condensed into a single sentence.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:27 PM, Lord Cashpoint said:

Now I want to know how the hell G1 managed to make such a complicated interface for what is essentially a store front.

Bought from a third party, I'd assume. At least that's the kind of software I'm working with which gives me the biggest headaches.

I don't understand the financial strategy of business LO . 

( all weapons account lifetime )  ALIG 762 R&III  I purchased for 1.079 g1 your offer 1.9019 ., STAR 556 R&III purchased for 1.259 your offer 1.919 g1 ., STAC 10 Skope R&III purchased for 1750 g1  your offer 1919 g1 ., NFAS 12 Dvah purchased for 1.259 g1 your offer 1919 ., Premium 6 months I purchased for 1650 g1 your offer 2.636 g1 . .... 

Black Friday every week, two days .