AntiCross

Official Discord server

Hello GamersFirst,

why don't you guys make an official discord server like other games and create a direct bridge of connections with the community, maybe do some events, gameplays with developers or something like that.

I believe this will let you get feedback and know the community very well.

*this idea came to me when I saw the new discord official server thingy.

• Like 2

its been mentioned several times in the "unofficial" apb discord, orbit seems to think they would have difficulty maintaining and moderating an official discord server

for what its worth i also think it would be best for everyone if there was an official little orbit/apb discord server 

• Like 2

I mean, they already have in game announcrments, the forums, Twitter and Facebook... But I guess it couldn't hurt. 

I believe that the old fashioned internet forums (such as this one!) are better when it comes to discussions. Discord is, at its core, an instant messaging service. Different channels allow for separation of discussions, but are largely disorganized. Any topic introduced in a channel will eventually get moved way out of sight, as more messages come in and shift everything upwards. On the other hand, forums allow for tidy and organized discussions, as everyone can make a thread dedicated to their ideas and opinions, and others can leave their response in one focus point.

Additionally, creating an official Discord server would require LO to dedicate more workload to moderating yet another place of community congregation - and they're already moderating these forums and the game itself.

It's gonna be a "let's not" from me on this one 😐

21 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

I don't think they'd wanna be tagged pointlessly 40 times a minute

isn't that the fun of it XD

it's more of fealing like a family right

19 hours ago, MartinPL said:

I believe that the old fashioned internet forums (such as this one!) are better when it comes to discussions. Discord is, at its core, an instant messaging service. Different channels allow for separation of discussions, but are largely disorganized. Any topic introduced in a channel will eventually get moved way out of sight, as more messages come in and shift everything upwards. On the other hand, forums allow for tidy and organized discussions, as everyone can make a thread dedicated to their ideas and opinions, and others can leave their response in one focus point.

Additionally, creating an official Discord server would require LO to dedicate more workload to moderating yet another place of community congregation - and they're already moderating these forums and the game itself. 

It's gonna be a "let's not" from me on this one 😐

i agree with you on " it's more work", on another hand im not suggestiong to replace the forums

don't get stuck in the past, you need to evolve and keep with the new tech and programes so the game don't die right!

Edited by simiChan

I believe this is a good idea, it could also be an alternative to the current clunky in-game voip, giving players a more general place to group up/chat with each other without the initial confusion of the voip settings.

• Like 1

Matt says it's not a question of "if" they are going to make an official discord, but "when".