MattScott

Fight Club minimum rank change

8 minutes ago, Loom said:

A minimum of 15750 standing is required for R30, with a 2250 average standing per mission this would be about 7 missions + some overhead. I would estimate this is achievable within 1 1/2 to 2 hours. That is quite short. But while i wouldnt say that its enough time to gather experience for new players, i recently saw some people repeatedly joining with fresh characters after (i assume) they were banned by a gm in asylum. So the R30 condition would definitely help out with that issue.

If you plan to raise the rank requirement, please keep in mind that fight club is needed to complete the tutorial and thats ideally what new players should do.

But this is taking into consideration that you have premium on your account hence it'll speed up the process of ranking up to R30.

Curious change.

I have to wonder if this is the best option. Very much possible for newer players to want to try out combat over objective based gameplay out of the gate. Regardless of which they go for first they'll be out of their element. If it were me I wouldn't particularly enjoy being locked out of something for a seemingly arbitrary reason.

That said it doesn't take long to unlock (few hours), and the reason appears to be driven due to griefing concerns. I can completely understand that.

Disciplinary issues lmfao

papa matt gon give them the spanking they deserve

perfectly clear-new players Suck, Bronze Sucks, silver Sucks . Continue to have fun ! Matt Thanks .

Edited by Yood

43 minutes ago, ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™ said:

But this is taking into consideration that you have premium on your account hence it'll speed up the process of ranking up to R30.

I assumed the standing for wins without premium although 2250 might be a tad high since it also depends on the score, still 2 hours is enough time to fit that in

0b17c8eb39.jpg

Edited by Loom

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Moving forward, we are requiring a minimum of rank 30 to enter Fight Club.

We feel that this will help newer players avoid this area till they have more experience.

New players are restricted what they can do in this game now.I guess they will "enjoy" only missions vs golds in bronze dist. now.Remove golds from bronze districts and stop running from the real problems."Listen to the community" my as*

Edited by TheMessiah

it will at least stop "that guy" from rejoining and having to summon ComFeyer, And this means i have less "stunnable" people joining fightclub

• Thanks 1

Great change, but it would be much better for asylum if you make explosive guns one per team, because the game starts lagging when there’re 5+ opgl and osmaw in fight club

Edited by Lign

Nice way to stop blatants from joining FC just to bother players, for a little longer. I don't like the decision as I enjoy playing FC on a low rank character, somehow I have better fps on a R9 with no customiztion etc. Maybe placebo, who knows.

I don' know if that is a good decision. Isn't FC the better way for newbies to lern a gun because breaktimes between seath is much shorter. This feels like a bad step backwards in regards to help new players.

Just give us beacon back which is a fast FC and the best one for newbies. When I started the game, going FC was one of the first things I did because you get more guntime than on Action districts.

+ all he reroll hackers are now hanging around in districts as well.

4 hours ago, Loom said:

A minimum of 15750 standing is required for R30, with a 2250 average standing per mission this would be about 7 missions + some overhead. I would estimate this is achievable within 1 1/2 to 2 hours. That is quite short. But while i wouldnt say that its enough time to gather experience for new players, i recently saw some people repeatedly joining with fresh characters after (i assume) they were banned by a gm in asylum. So the R30 condition would definitely help out with that issue.

If you plan to raise the rank requirement, please keep in mind that fight club is needed to complete the tutorial and thats ideally what new players should do.

have you tried this with a low rank character? you know rank ewards differ with the character tier. and your results will hardly reflect a newbies gameplay, so here we got th typical "elitist" (really not meant negatively) view on things which turn out extremely different for a real newbie.

Edited by LilyV3

10 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

I don' know if that is a good decision. Isn't FC the better way for newbies to lern a gun because breaktimes between seath is much shorter. This feels like a bad step backwards in regards to help new players.

Just give us beacon back which is a fast FC and the best one for newbies. When I started the game, going FC was one of the first things I did because you get more guntime than on Action districts.

have you tried this with a low rank character? you know rank ewards differ with the character tier.

XP gain is affected by the type of mission. If you got mission with 255r who’s a team leader, you have a chance that the mission is given by a high tier contact means harder mission means more money and XP

Edited by Lign

Just now, Lign said:

XP gain is affected by the type of mission. If you got mission with 255r who’s a team leader, you have a chance that the mission is given by a high tier contact means harder mission means more money and XP

you know newbies are usually in lower rank districts and usually don't get ranked with the high ranks. And if they get they usually don't see much to fight since the high ranks who know the game farm the stuff away. Don't forget we talk about real newbies not rerolls who know how the game works. 

1 minute ago, LilyV3 said:

you know newbies are usually in lower rank districts and usually don't get ranked with the high ranks. And if they get they usually don't see much to fight since the high ranks who know the game farm the stuff away. Don't forget we talk about real newbies not rerolls who know how the game works. 

The chance in bronze districts is still high because there’re a lot of premades of 255 dethreaters, newbies will get high tier mission at defending side

I'm suprised LO even noticed this issue.

I think R30 is fair. At least allows only players who spend some time playing this game rather than this who created "alt" to troll someone they don't like.

7 hours ago, LoveForMatt said:

This is what i said long time ago...

FC is for retired players from action districts. Cheaters would need to spend more time in action before reaching fc (i would even raise the requirements to 190).

Maybe theyll spend some prem to speed up? Who knows...

190? You really think I have this amount of patience to reach that rank on my new characters? I want to play FC to grind money and ROLES easily, and JUST have fun there. 190 is a dumb idea.

Isn't the requirement for a level 3 weapon mod sitting at R40? Seems a little weird to put the rank requirement below that.

Edited by Glubbable

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

have you tried this with a low rank character? you know rank ewards differ with the character tier. and your results will hardly reflect a newbies gameplay, so here we got th typical "elitist" (really not meant negatively) view on things which turn out extremely different for a real newbie.

As i dont really see the point in barring new players from fc, my estimate was done having malicious experienced players and cheaters in mind. New players will definitely take longer since there is a high chance of losing missions.

9 hours ago, Kewlin said:

It is kinda' weird, since 30 is barely any missions at all, but we'll see I guess.

it is when u add premium. max 5 missions to finish the first starter contacts in wf and fin and bam...

3 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

imo fc is a terrible place to learn guns

aside from the fact that 2/3 of the maps are heavily biased towards cqc, it’s almost completely different gameplay from mission districts 

for you (maybe) and i that’s not so bad since we know the game inside out, we can superimpose our fc experience over experience of how the mission districts work - a new player under rank 30 isn’t going to be able to do that, at best they’ll come away with pretty skewed views on what weapons excel and how, at worst the experience could cement some prejudices they may have after reading negative reviews of apb

Atleast something good for the Fight Club being made, thank you LO.

moving them from fightclub to action districts..hmmm, which one is more populated again? oh yeah..the districts where new players start playing..

why couldn't you give someone autority to log in once in a while and ban the cheater?

Edited by Lato
  • Like 1

I like how a certain word was avoided. Matt, you could be a politician 🙂

I think this is a step in the right direction though. It seems most people (incl. myself) feel R30 may be a little bit low, but people need to remember that this is just the first patch with this change.

Edited by SilverCrow