MattScott

Fight Club minimum rank change

Hi everyone,

Fight Club can be an amazing experience in APB when everything works as intended.

However, since there is no threat segregation and we allow team killing, these districts have some unique problems.

Moving forward, we are requiring a minimum of rank 30 to enter Fight Club.

We feel that this will help newer players avoid this area till they have more experience.

We have also had some player disciplinary issues, and now it will take them longer to raise up new characters to enter these districts.

As always, we will continue to monitor this change to make sure it has the intended effect.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 27
  • Thanks 11

This wont stop the r225 Ts 

But least it'll stop those random low rank trolls that go into FC just to TK whoever's unlucky enough they target. It also helps make sure there's space in FC that isn't taken up by a random low rank .

30 rank isn't going to cut it fyi. Maybe something like 50+ rank would.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, MattScott said:

some player disciplinary issues

i think this is the nicest way ive ever heard someone say 'cheating shitheads' before

• Thanks 1

This this include new characters on an account with high rank characters?

Just now, VanilleKeks said:

Rank 30 seems rather low, I'd say 50 atleast. Otherwise nice change.

It is kinda' weird, since 30 is barely any missions at all, but we'll see I guess.

If your concern is primarily about new players joining and getting stomped and causing frustration among the players, or people making new chars just to grief, why not just lock FC behind a playtime wall for each individual character. This way, people with low ranked FC characters don't have to rank up to 30 just to play.

I think this would be a more effective way of addressing your concerns, considering the fact that rank 30 only takes an hour or two to get. Only allow players who've played 10+ hours into FC.

Edited by claude
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, claude said:

allow players who've played 10+ hours into FC.

But it takes much less playtime than that to hit r30. 

Also, I'm not sure what you are suggesting is an option. 

Edited by CookiePuss

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

But it takes much less playtime than that to hit r30. 

That's what I'm saying. If they're concerned about new players joining FC before they even learn how to play the game, or just cheaters jumping right back into FC after being banned, they should at least make the requirement to access FC take up a chunk of the players time.

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Also, I'm not sure what you are suggesting is an option. 

Maybe not, all I know is that overall playtime for each individual character is tracked, so I can't see why they wouldn't try something like this.

Edited by claude

10 hours is not a good idea. R30 takes  longer to at least learn some of the basics.

10 hours of being carried doesnt amount to much.

22 minutes ago, claude said:

Only allow players who've played 10+ hours into FC.

Can also just afk in social over night. ez 10 hours.

Havent played the game in a long time so dont know the hacker status. But this is great, no reroll hackers in FC. At least, it will reduce the frequency by a lot. 

Just now, Nanometic said:

Can also just afk in social over night. ez 10 hours.

Yeah but that's still 10 hours longer a cheater would have to wait to cheat in FC. Not even that bad if you think about it... way better than a cheater playing an hour or so just to get r30.

18 minutes ago, claude said:

Yeah but that's still 10 hours longer a cheater would have to wait to cheat in FC. Not even that bad if you think about it... way better than a cheater playing an hour or so just to get r30.

Maybe, they'd probably figure out a pretty simple way to work with the 10 hour limit. Hopefully, once BE is up to scratch with the R30 limit, they'll get smacked before even reaching Fight Club.

Here's hoping anyway...

Edited by Nanometic

25 minutes ago, claude said:

look 10 hours is nothing to a cheater. R30 means that much longer whether cheater or not. Why are you arguing about the obvious ?

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

look 10 hours is nothing to a cheater. R30 means that much longer whether cheater or not.

Make a new account, make a new character, join a bronze mission district, play until you hit R30.

There's no way it takes you longer than 10 hours to get R30. I doubt it'll take you longer than 3 hours.

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Why are you arguing about the obvious ?

What's obvious? You clearly don't remember how fast early ranks pass by. 

1 minute ago, claude said:

What's obvious? You clearly don't remember how fast early ranks pass by. 

Without premium?

5 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Without premium?

Even if new accounts couldn't redeem premium trial codes (if they still work nowadays) I'm sure getting to r30 in under 10 hours wouldn't be much of a challenge.

3 minutes ago, claude said:

Even if new accounts couldn't redeem premium trial codes (if they still work nowadays) I'm sure getting to r30 in under 10 hours wouldn't be much of a challenge.

The difference is, you have to play missions to get to rank 30, its required work, no matter what. With 10 hours, you can easily just do whatever and not actually play, make 20 or so accounts, run the game multiple times and afk them all in social for a night, with LOs banning records of about a month thats nearly a years worth of game play for a single night of effort.

Edited by Nanometic

why not both? timegate and rankgate. timegate would hold those who rank fast, rankgate would hold those who rank slow. 🤔

A minimum of 15750 standing is required for R30, with a 2250 average standing per mission this would be about 7 missions + some overhead. I would estimate this is achievable within 1 1/2 to 2 hours. That is quite short. But while i wouldnt say that its enough time to gather experience for new players, i recently saw some people repeatedly joining with fresh characters after (i assume) they were banned by a gm in asylum. So the R30 condition would definitely help out with that issue.

If you plan to raise the rank requirement, please keep in mind that fight club is needed to complete the tutorial and thats ideally what new players should do.

Edited by Loom
typo
  • Like 1