RCooper

"Lock" bronze and green players on the green district

bleh just make 1 gold = 2 silvers, 1 gold = 4 bronzes, 1 silver = 2 bronzes
and double that number for green and T
ofc. for matchmaking 😉

Edited by TheSxW
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nafryti said:

I remember a better time when there were chaos districts (or something to that name) that had no threat system at all, you could be matched with anyone, the matching system was beautiful and random, sometimes you get ganked, sometimes you do the ganking, but it was on average very well matched up, some missions went on for nearly an hour, from how evenly matched it was.  Never had a better experience since then.

And since there were no precious metals flashing in the scoreboard, there were a lot less salty players... i consider them far superior to the vanilla districts...

can't recall what they were called for the life of me tho, just know that they were far better!

like, Action District, or Chaos District, something that was fitting to the role i remember that much.

Chaos District / Anarchy Mode was a temporary live action district used for stress testing the server and testing the core basic Fight Club mechanic.

I think what you're describing is "Open Conflict".

The concept behind Open Conflict is that rank and threats would be hidden from all players including your own teammates, the game with match up low rank/threat players with high rank/threat players on the same teams. With both teams getting a even mix of experience levels, the teams should be in theory be balanced out.

Players felt they were being put against the same opponents at times, due to a low population not giving the match making system a wide range of players to work with.

Open conflict could have 3, 4, 5 or even 10 different missions going on at the same time as another one starts, and there is just not enough available players (not in missions) to make the teams as random or even as they could be.

Also with low population levels even with at least 10 players for each faction, friends grouping up in Open Conflict undermined the matchmaking process as one team isn't fully random and the system struggled to compensate for that.

With servers dropping below 100 players online at some times, that extra unknown factor is just not what people want when they can go into an action district and  actually see the threats and ranks  of teammates and opponents when in mission. ...On top of that, players can dethreat in Action Districts and deceive the match making process into giving easier opponents.

All the above factors ultimately left Open Conflict districts rather abandoned.

Today: The Open Conflict matchmaking system has been carried over and is being used in RIOT, teams are randomised with an even distribution of experiences and threats/ranks are still hidden.

Riot can do this because it is one large game per district that tries to make the most of as mas many (if not all) players at the same time. Rather than trying to make the most of whatever is available, whenever a sporadic mission happens to start.

The Open Conflict matchmaking could work for normal action districts in the future... However in theory the system would work best with the district at least half full.

APB:Reloaded is not in a place right now where we can say there are more full than empty districts.

Also this OC matchmaking would only work if it is not an optional feature with other Action Districts operating without it.

Edited by VickyFox

it's easier . gold is automatically secured to its arena after 2, 3 matches from the moment of receiving the threat .

Edited by Yood

On 2/11/2019 at 11:36 AM, RCooper said:

So my idea is when bronze,green and trainees select district they appear on green district by default becuase rn bronze district is unplayable for them(too many golds and experience players in general ).

Also lock wouldnt be the right term because they will be able to others district.

I dont know if this idea will be possible because of the population but i think they will able to fill around 20-20 in a server in a good day so maybe it increase with time and they fill a server.

I propose this because mostly bronzes i play with in mission ragequit and it is sad that we are losing a lot of players everyday

I have been saying ecactly this for a long time! What would it hurt to just give it a try! 

On 5/21/2019 at 6:43 AM, TheSxW said:

bleh just make 1 gold = 2 silvers, 1 gold = 4 bronzes, 1 silver = 2 bronzes
and double that number for green and T
ofc. for matchmaking 😉

That cant work from current issues like the amount of people required to fulfill that most likely wouldn't be free in a district at once.

Like super rare to happen type of problem.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

I have been saying ecactly this for a long time! What would it hurt to just give it a try! 

As long as it was not so easy to change threat like that but as our current leveling scale is , it messes with this.

Thats why I personally don't know what to do without the Engine Upgrade and phasing , and other things fixed for matchmaking  and threat.

Well my response was lost while typing on my phone.... 

Arghhh! 

Reminder that their are 10 levels to every color. 

Bronze 1-10 Silver 1-10 and Gold 1-10. 

This is why you shouldn't let the colors intimidate you too much. As Silver 10 and Gold 1 are very nearly the same thing. 

Though I realize now I'm asking people to stop making excuses for their losses so... Nevermind. 

How about this... once you have the "I'm a big deal" achievement,  you get auto-banned from EVERY entering anything below Silver District?

That would solve a whole lot of crap that goes on in the Bronze Districts now.

why?

i am bronze, but i like playing in the all servers (green, bronze, silver and sometimes in gold silver and in the fightclubs).

its not correct if u say that green and bronze must be "lock" in the green district.