RCooper

"Lock" bronze and green players on the green district

So my idea is when bronze,green and trainees select district they appear on green district by default becuase rn bronze district is unplayable for them(too many golds and experience players in general ).

Also lock wouldnt be the right term because they will be able to others district.

I dont know if this idea will be possible because of the population but i think they will able to fill around 20-20 in a server in a good day so maybe it increase with time and they fill a server.

I propose this because mostly bronzes i play with in mission ragequit and it is sad that we are losing a lot of players everyday

i post this in the wrong section can someone put it the right one?

Ty

What if I'm silver and I get dropped to bronze now I get kicked out of the silver district AND I can't play with my other silver friends? And then the next match I win I get silver again. Kick me out of green. The cycle continues.

THE REAL PROBLEM IS BULLY GOLDS DETHREATING TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES. Just so they can trash on someone cause they can't trash on people at their skill level. Sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrC said:

What if I'm silver and I get dropped to bronze now I get kicked out of the silver district AND I can't play with my other silver friends? And then the next match I win I get silver again. Kick me out of green. The cycle continues.

THE REAL PROBLEM IS BULLY GOLDS DETHREATING TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES. Just so they can trash on someone cause they can't trash on people at their skill level. Sad.

You could join bronze silver perfectly my idea is only that green and bronze appear by default in the green server,if u wanna play there u can

Or we could just wait for Little Orbit to make the phasing update and not give them extra work that would make it take longer for phasing which fixes matchmaking compared to what we have now

36 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Or we could just wait for Little Orbit to make the phasing update and not give them extra work that would make it take longer for phasing which fixes matchmaking compared to what we have now

I thought of my idea like a fast fix before phasing come out

just saying, and i'm not trying to be mean or anything, but i've been silver for years, and i'm nowhere near the skill level that i see from other silvers in the silver district.  Though it is rare to see a silver in a silver district, but that aside...

after a few days break from the game from last week being nearly unbearably miserable failures, one after another, i log into APB last night, play one mission, and MVP Gold now... i honestly thought this was a theoretical impossibility, thanks to the hacker plague of 8 years ago under the incompetent hands of RP and PB.

But here i am, Gold, and forced to not play, as the population is hardly ever in Silver or Gold districts, and currently the game is being DDOS'd.

So... i would prefer absolutely NO threat locking, as i am a gold who is more like a Bronze/Silver, and frankly, id rather see just one district with everyone in it and a bit more options for match making, than just "ready up"

I do feel for you and your woes, i think it is all kinds of unfair for golds to DT and ruin the game for Green/Bronze players who are actually Green/Bronze, but i have seen players who are R255 have every Legendary weapon, and have never been anything other than Bronze.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RCooper said:

I thought of my idea like a fast fix before phasing come out

it wouldn't fix anything though it would chase people off of APB.

Little Orbit cant update a game that doesn't exist anymore.

This thread was made enough times and explained thoroughly why this would kill the game before any true fix could be done.

not trying to be salty or toxic please don't take it that way.

4 minutes ago, Nafryti said:

But here i am, Gold, and forced to not play, as the population is hardly ever in Silver or Gold districts, and currently the game is being DDOS'd.

Sometimes I'm in bronze sometimes I'm in silver.

I'm not good enough to be a true gold and keep it so if there's too many golds in silver I cant play there or I'm lucky to get 300 to 400 points against them.

I'm on Jericho if that matters any.

On 3/30/2019 at 4:12 PM, Fortune Runner said:

Sometimes I'm in bronze sometimes I'm in silver.

I'm not good enough to be a true gold and keep it so if there's too many golds in silver I cant play there or I'm lucky to get 300 to 400 points against them.

I'm on Jericho if that matters any.

I'm on... whatever they're calling the North American server now, i used to call it Colby for NA West, but if you go by what the game says, i never was in Colby as i didn't ever get my "Colby Pathfinder" title. from the merge, so i look like a scrub pretending to be from 8 years ago.

Yes my join date says 2013, but i started playing before i joined the forums, i mostly just browsed and read things, it wasn't until RP/G1 decided to start forcing players to join the Forums for voting and such that i joined.

colby was west coast

i miss it at times.

i think we all joined the forums late. i know i did

Edit come to think of it i was playing right after the g1 event like how MattScott did.....i think that was 2011.

did i even know we had forums back then? lol

cant get in district at the moment i tried

Edited by Fortune Runner

Can`t implement a matchmaking system with no players to match ^^ Only chance is to get a higher population in my opinion

On 3/31/2019 at 12:04 AM, Nafryti said:

just saying, and i'm not trying to be mean or anything, but i've been silver for years, and i'm nowhere near the skill level that i see from other silvers in the silver district.  Though it is rare to see a silver in a silver district, but that aside...

after a few days break from the game from last week being nearly unbearably miserable failures, one after another, i log into APB last night, play one mission, and MVP Gold now... i honestly thought this was a theoretical impossibility, thanks to the hacker plague of 8 years ago under the incompetent hands of RP and PB.

So... i would prefer absolutely NO threat locking, as i am a gold who is more like a Bronze/Silver, and frankly, id rather see just one district with everyone in it and a bit more options for match making, than just "ready up"

I do feel for you and your woes, i think it is all kinds of unfair for golds to DT and ruin the game for Green/Bronze players who are actually Green/Bronze, but i have seen players who are R255 have every Legendary weapon, and have never been anything other than Bronze.

I think, that few new players are going to come, if not those who forgot to play, own friends call me tell me what I do playing that, apb has become for me in a short time, something where I enter a while just to remember That once I'm filled with enthusiasm to enter and give joy to other Judah hahaha, we cheers laughed at them, very boring people we said they were, even though it has been an extensive plague, and that's why many left, the golds that they are in bronze more problems, it is the other plague of apb, many are more than tired. I am one of them, I do not know how to say it, I at least do many games more in a bronze than in a silver and that is very sad for me, (I dream of a district that does not shoot me, where I'm going? in a bronze I can not play because I have experience and that is unfair (I know), in a silver I can not play because I do not have a macro, nor do I have an aimbot, because I am fair and I do not spend much money, but I face them more than I can even if the result is not always the same, the continuous insults, are more difficult to endure than the more than 20 times that can kill me, if they tell me where I'm going to play bronze or silver, or I'll go to black desert that is what I do almost every day for not boring this situation.

• Like 2

i think as author of this post means that new players should be joined green district then they "select auto financial/waterfront" but if they want they can go whatever they want using advanced tab

@Fortune Runner

did i even know we had forums back then? lol

i figure this out at december 2014 😉 haha

Edited by TheSxW

20 hours ago, SirVilla said:

I think, that few new players are going to come, if not those who forgot to play, own friends call me tell me what I do playing that, apb has become for me in a short time, something where I enter a while just to remember That once I'm filled with enthusiasm to enter and give joy to other Judah hahaha, we cheers laughed at them, very boring people we said they were, even though it has been an extensive plague, and that's why many left, the golds that they are in bronze more problems, it is the other plague of apb, many are more than tired. I am one of them, I do not know how to say it, I at least do many games more in a bronze than in a silver and that is very sad for me, (I dream of a district that does not shoot me, where I'm going? in a bronze I can not play because I have experience and that is unfair (I know), in a silver I can not play because I do not have a macro, nor do I have an aimbot, because I am fair and I do not spend much money, but I face them more than I can even if the result is not always the same, the continuous insults, are more difficult to endure than the more than 20 times that can kill me, if they tell me where I'm going to play bronze or silver, or I'll go to black desert that is what I do almost every day for not boring this situation.

I have literally same problem still that is not the point of this post, I did this post to try and save the new players coming in, that problem won't be possible to solve while we have the treat system we have and a population grow

52 minutes ago, TacticallyRed said:

Yeah let’s further separate the already dwindling player base and encourage more dethreating

I wouldn't make the difference too much bronze already rage quit the game a lot and they never come back this would make them a opportunity to enjoy the game also it would be more gentle with new players

• Thanks 1

the golds in bronze are mostly only silvers.

If i can kill them as easily as they kill me then they arent a true gold.

There is no doubt about that at all.

only a few are actually normally gold who dethreat to troll the lower ranks there.

the rest who intentionally dethreat tend to do it to play with friends who are lower threat and in bronze.

RCooper speak correctly.  I don't care about the gold that supposedly has no one to play with . LO must learn to grow new players . provide them with training and entry-level quality development .

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2019 at 6:13 PM, Yood said:

RCooper speak correctly.  I don't care about the gold that supposedly has no one to play with . LO must learn to grow new players . provide them with training and entry-level quality development .

kinda like the Green Districts meant for Trainees to do the tutorials and learn the game in, but the game auto sends them to Bronze/Silver districts indiscriminately for no reason at all?  Game sent me automatically to a Gold district that was empty while i was Silver, even said threat mismatch, i was like "why?" 

New players obviously show a KDR and play style, like seriously, i been up against T's that spent more time shooting players OUTSIDE the mission than me, who was their op, waiting by the point, i wasn't even going to shoot at him, i was gonna let him do it, cuz new player!! O.O then poof rage quit mission ends... am left there to speculate "wonder if he left cuz 'why none my shots hurt them? q.q' ugh"

The new players need to have a special district where they are forced to learn the game in complete PVE style just like how Star Trek Online rushes you through a scenario to learn the game with a crash course, literally fast tracking you through basic combat training, and blatantly telling where to go, what to do, there are even markers on the ground that say "dude, its this way" and when you realize it, you're like, "oh, this game takes brain cells to play, so its not like League of Legends or Candy Crush, got it."  If every new player were forced through this tutorial, if it were like EVERY OTHER game that had a "WELCOME TO THE DAMN GAME" quest (i srsly hate these quests, but they are helpful) then EVERYONE new to the game could finally start off and be able to defend themselves somewhat, now if these new players were to have ACTUAL levels to grind through instead of the dumb R### system, like, maybe the Ranks of the Contacts could be used for instance, as they unlock contacts unlock higher threat districts where us blood thirsty silvers and golds lurk just itching to throw another fresh meat into the grinder.

Yeah, player rank should be directly related to Contact progress, and new players should have a FORCED tutorial that isn't able to be "disabled" until finished, and isn't intrusive like the current one.  Like simple arrows and boxes highlighting things, where to go, what to do, and nothing PVP yet, cuz hello, new player here, PVP can be an instant mood killer when someone is learning any game.  A newb PVE district, can't be that hard to do, especially since LO actually doing shit with the game now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Nafryti said:

kinda like the Green Districts meant for Trainees to do the tutorials and learn the game in, but the game auto sends them to Bronze/Silver districts indiscriminately for no reason at all?  Game sent me automatically to a Gold district that was empty while i was Silver, even said threat mismatch, i was like "why?" 

New players obviously show a KDR and play style, like seriously, i been up against T's that spent more time shooting players OUTSIDE the mission than me, who was their op, waiting by the point, i wasn't even going to shoot at him, i was gonna let him do it, cuz new player!! O.O then poof rage quit mission ends... am left there to speculate "wonder if he left cuz 'why none my shots hurt them? q.q' ugh"

The new players need to have a special district where they are forced to learn the game in complete PVE style just like how Star Trek Online rushes you through a scenario to learn the game with a crash course, literally fast tracking you through basic combat training, and blatantly telling where to go, what to do, there are even markers on the ground that say "dude, its this way" and when you realize it, you're like, "oh, this game takes brain cells to play, so its not like League of Legends or Candy Crush, got it."  If every new player were forced through this tutorial, if it were like EVERY OTHER game that had a "WELCOME TO THE DAMN GAME" quest (i srsly hate these quests, but they are helpful) then EVERYONE new to the game could finally start off and be able to defend themselves somewhat, now if these new players were to have ACTUAL levels to grind through instead of the dumb R### system, like, maybe the Ranks of the Contacts could be used for instance, as they unlock contacts unlock higher threat districts where us blood thirsty silvers and golds lurk just itching to throw another fresh meat into the grinder.

Yeah, player rank should be directly related to Contact progress, and new players should have a FORCED tutorial that isn't able to be "disabled" until finished, and isn't intrusive like the current one.  Like simple arrows and boxes highlighting things, where to go, what to do, and nothing PVP yet, cuz hello, new player here, PVP can be an instant mood killer when someone is learning any game.  A newb PVE district, can't be that hard to do, especially since LO actually doing shit with the game now.

demagogy.  participants in the process must comply with the rules . gold playing below the level puts the game cancer 

45 minutes ago, Nafryti said:

That would be the ideal solution still LO hasn't done anything about matchmaking and we are losing new players everyday, new players how u have said it make ramdoms things so put them together and they will figure out while having fun not that when u don't know what is going on(people whispering, getting killed) they get stressed and rage quit in the bronze/silver server

8 minutes ago, RCooper said:

That would be the ideal solution still LO hasn't done anything about matchmaking and we are losing new players everyday, new players how u have said it make ramdoms things so put them together and they will figure out while having fun not that when u don't know what is going on(people whispering, getting killed) they get stressed and rage quit in the bronze/silver server

Well if people rage quit then that's more telling of the individuals.

APB is competitive and can be stressful but cheating isn't any more rampant than any other game.

At the end of the day some lessons need to be learn the hard way, sometimes the only way to get better is to be taken out of your comfort zone and locking threats isn't going to help with that.

It may sound old fashioned, it may sound harsh but people don't get to max rank by rage quitting.

If people feel so strongly that indeed it does need to be considered on how to be addressed.

I believe a review into the threat system and matchmaking is going to happen but priority is to the game engine. This would make the game more stable for most computers/servers, and possibly even easier to work with for staff.

MattScott said that he would like to introduce "Phasing" although it has a number of people confused if Phasing is referring to match making between districts or segregating players from others when entering a mission.

32 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Well if people rage quit then that's more telling of the individuals.

APB is competitive and can be stressful but cheating isn't any more rampant than any other game.

At the end of the day some lessons need to be learn the hard way, sometimes the only way to get better is to be taken out of your comfort zone and locking threats isn't going to help with that.

It may sound old fashioned, it may sound harsh but people don't get to max rank by rage quitting.

If people feel so strongly that indeed it does need to be considered on how to be addressed.

I believe a review into the threat system and matchmaking is going to happen but priority is to the game engine. This would make the game more stable for most computers/servers, and possibly even easier to work with for staff.

MattScott said that he would like to introduce "Phasing" although it has a number of people confused if Phasing is referring to match making between districts or segregating players from others when entering a mission.

Yeah it is true but this is a game not a work you come here to have fun not to get max rank

The game is not noob friendly at all and doesn't matter how strong your will is if any mission you do finish 1-1-14 or something like that u will finish quitting

The upgrade engine is important but if the population quit decreasing more when it will come out it will be played by few people that why I think matchmaking should be addressed now 

I remember a better time when there were chaos districts (or something to that name) that had no threat system at all, you could be matched with anyone, the matching system was beautiful and random, sometimes you get ganked, sometimes you do the ganking, but it was on average very well matched up, some missions went on for nearly an hour, from how evenly matched it was.  Never had a better experience since then.

And since there were no precious metals flashing in the scoreboard, there were a lot less salty players... i consider them far superior to the vanilla districts...

can't recall what they were called for the life of me tho, just know that they were far better!

like, Action District, or Chaos District, something that was fitting to the role i remember that much.

Edited by Nafryti
grammar
  • Thanks 1