StoryVS

Really nice matchmaking

Hello guys

I started the game some days ago. And sometimes I just want to quit after 3 missions because of that matchmaking. I am gold now, so I can't go back to bronze/silvers and play with new players like me. I am forced to play against r255 every game. And when they are in a group, which is the case almost all the time, we're four players less than rank 100 against a group of experienced and "good" players with all the stuff they need. We litterally have no chance. I really like the game, I like to play it, when that matchmaking.. They dare be toxic saying "ggez" most of the time when they are just playing against low players who only have a weapon and a modification lv 1. Pretty sure half of these players would be silver if they only play against same ranks as them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hi @StoryVS gladf u come into contact with the forums i see ur topic is from yesterday and i also see that u are kinda irritated about the matchmaking.

congratz on being gold btw. i understand your frustration on mission making and i get why u are frustrated that u can't play vs brons or silvers. if u are gold u probebly wil go to a silver district to try playing against people with same experience as u do.  understand the game has been out for 8 years and the game stil have closed beta veterans like myself stil playing ( i havent played in the past 3 years becous of things i was fed up about).

servers are to less populated so its normal and a lot of people who are gold can't play in gold servers becous there never populated. pretty sure golds would join brons districts to be annoying against all those players that just join the game. G1 had a problem with it becous this was happening and they solved it. now we got detreathers who do the same thing ... and that is kina not good for the matchmaking system.

new engine is coming so new players wil come and i can agree people are toxic against new players but thats only a certain ammount of people that want this game death.

On 2/10/2019 at 6:01 PM, StoryVS said:

Hello guys

I started the game some days ago. And sometimes I just want to quit after 3 missions because of that matchmaking. I am gold now, so I can't go back to bronze/silvers and play with new players like me. I am forced to play against r255 every game. And when they are in a group, which is the case almost all the time, we're four players less than rank 100 against a group of experienced and "good" players with all the stuff they need. We litterally have no chance. I really like the game, I like to play it, when that matchmaking.. They dare be toxic saying "ggez" most of the time when they are just playing against low players who only have a weapon and a modification lv 1. Pretty sure half of these players would be silver if they only play against same ranks as them. 

Trust me, we're all upset about the matchmaking AND the threat system. Luckily for you, you havent had to sit through years and years of such broken systems. In the upcoming Engine Update, both systems are being redeveloped so things like newbies being put up against RTW vets will stop happening unless you're statistically on par with them.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 5:01 PM, StoryVS said:

Hello guys

I have 11 characters ranging from r27 to r255. 

Do you think I am suddenly less skilled when I play on my r27?

That being said, matchmaking does leave much to be desired. Currently the game can only match you against the players in the same district as you at the same time, regardless of their skill vs yours. 

Once 3.5 goes live, we will get "phasing" allowing matchmaking to pick your teammates / opposition from the entire player pool playing at that time, not just the few in your district. The hope is this will greatly improved the overall gaming experience. 

• Like 1

TL:DR version of the above replies: We know matchmaking is broken. We'll get a new version eventually.

In other words, please hold. *cue bad synthesizer version of the four seasons*

promised to fix it . only would even worse not have made .

Well be getting a better more accurate threat system at some point as well as the current one is broken along with the matchmaking.

Thank you guys for your answer.

I play in the silver district because, as you said, the gold one is always empty. So every other gold players are doing the same. And I can't go back to the bronze one.

Thing I've noticed in the previous days, about the matchmaking problem, it's not only about the ranks, but the amount of people that are in a group and play against people tagging alone. When I don't play with low ranks like me, we are four players that don't know anyone else in the group playing against four players that are communicating and grouping together. And again, really hard to find the fun in this. I"ve heard a lot about the changements that are about to come on the game, but nobody could tell me the date. So in waiting of that I'm not gonna play anymore I guess, I can't learn anything or have fun when my playtime is resumed in beeing insulted or killed by multiple players all the time. 

4 hours ago, TzickyT said:

hi @StoryVS gladf u come into contact with the forums i see ur topic is from yesterday and i also see that u are kinda irritated about the matchmaking.

congratz on being gold btw. i understand your frustration on mission making and i get why u are frustrated that u can't play vs brons or silvers. if u are gold u probebly wil go to a silver district to try playing against people with same experience as u do.  understand the game has been out for 8 years and the game stil have closed beta veterans like myself stil playing ( i havent played in the past 3 years becous of things i was fed up about).

servers are to less populated so its normal and a lot of people who are gold can't play in gold servers becous there never populated. pretty sure golds would join brons districts to be annoying against all those players that just join the game. G1 had a problem with it becous this was happening and they solved it. now we got detreathers who do the same thing ... and that is kina not good for the matchmaking system.

new engine is coming so new players wil come and i can agree people are toxic against new players but thats only a certain ammount of people that want this game death.

GAGAGA GIGIGI GOGOGO

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I have 11 characters ranging from r27 to r255. 

Do you think I am suddenly less skilled when I play on my r27?

No but at level 27 you haven't unlocked character mods, you are not able to drive certain vehicles. But you still have the experience to abandon mission until you get some more experienced team mates.  The whole problem is not match making. Its experienced players unwillingness to team with new players.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

No but at level 27 you haven't unlocked character mods, you are not able to drive certain vehicles. But you still have the experience to abandon mission until you get some more experienced team mates.  The whole problem is not match making. Its experienced players unwillingness to team with new players.

Fair enough.

Hopefully the new phasing matchmaking will take that stuff into consideration... then again, unless 3.5 brings in a lot more players it still may come down to two choices: bad matchmaking or no matches at all.