Player1

Rework the OSCAR

I dont understand at all why this is gun is still a thing, you have an gun which you can hippfire it at 50M range and the accuracy is high as fuck also. You basically click on target and its all gurantee a instant hit cause its the oscar.

Do you ever tried to track an Oscar Player on close Combat ? then you know what i am talking about cause its fucking impossible..... they warping arround and teleporting.

Movement gods on 50M range fighting ability.... you dont even need to go marksman for it.

A Weapon which is god tier on close combat and also at mid range..... GG Gamersfirst.

Im sooooooo sick of this gun allready and everyone who knows how the gun works, know what i am talking about .

Doo something against it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good Gun... bit too good in my opinion but thats my thought about it.

well i m not experienced with the gun anyway

I don't have particolars problems against oscar players, in my opinion it's just a weird RNG gun... sometimes using it, u will do 30 kills in a row other times u manage to make all assist kills or  just 1/2 kill at all the match..

Most of semi weapons doesn't work like they do irl. Semi weapons should have way slower fire rate due to need to reload after every shot ... but hey its APB ... semi weapons shoots faster than full auto in here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Most of semi weapons doesn't work like they do irl. Semi weapons should have way slower fire rate due to need to reload after every shot ... but hey its APB ... semi weapons shoots faster than full auto in here.

That's not what semi weapons do. I mean it's called semi-automatic for a reason since it does the reload automatically after pulling the trigger and shooting a bullet.

You might mix that up with a bolt-action gun.

• Thanks 5

The OSCAR is a relatively easy gun that rewards spamming your mouse button, but requires somes kill in order to be dangerous.

It's just overshadowed by easier and more rewarding guns right now.

Just don't spam the RMB too much otherwise it will jam then you might as well just give up using it in that remark, But overall very simple gun to use once gotten the hang of.

1 hour ago, TheJellyGoo said:

That's not what semi weapons do. I mean it's called semi-automatic for a reason since it does the reload automatically after pulling the trigger and shooting a bullet.

You might mix that up with a bolt-action gun.

Yeah .. seems i mixed up little bit (sorry and thanks), but still it stands clear that semi weapons have way slower fire rate compare to full-auto. And in APB semi weapons ussers can shoot as fast as full auto .. it bugs me tbh.

4 hours ago, Player1 said:

Do you ever tried to track an Oscar Player on close Combat ? then you know what i am talking about cause its fucking impossible..... they warping arround and teleporting.

A Weapon which is god tier on close combat and also at mid range..... GG Gamersfirst.

So you want a weapon (that you admit is difficult to use at close range,) to be nerfed because it performs exceptionally well at medium/close range?

Have you forgotten about the ntec? Anyone can use the damn thing, it's easy as hell. You really want the oscar to be nerfed/changed before the ntec does? That doesn't really make sense.

Edited by claude
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got killed by X weapon! please nerf! you have a gun which you can hippfire it at 50m range even though it’s RNG af at this range I’m still struggling with my ntec which supposed to dominate over every other weapon in the game. you basically click and it’s a guaranteed instant hit because an oscar aims for you aswell. and have you ever tried to track an oscar player? that’s impossibru because the fuсking OSCAR makes them teleport all around. no-no that’s not poor servers performance nor unstable connection thats a freacking gun injects regoated straight to their clients. a gun which is god tier on CQ... somehow... with its one of the longest ttk’s... and OP on mid range when 80% of the playerbase prefers ntecs for some unknown reason... GG blizzard nerf! 

Edited by slot
  • Like 1

-Perfect accuracy on long range, hipfire/marksman.
-No accuracy loss while shooting fast.
-Good range to take down enemies in long distance fights.
-High mobility, you can move fast while shooting.

IMO one of the most OP weapons in the game. Literally has no negative things.

Edited by TheKeanuReeves
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TheKeanuReeves said:

-Perfect accuracy on long range, hipfire/marksman.
-No accuracy loss while shooting fast.
-Good range to take down enemies in long distance fights.
-High mobility, you can move fast while shooting.

IMO one of the most OP weapons in the game. I literally has no negative things.

OP in the hands of those who know how to use it, but that can be said for just about any weapon.

The weapon is a high skill, high reward gun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, TacticallyRed said:

OP in the hands of those who know how to use it, but that can be said for just about any weapon.

The weapon is a high skill, high reward gun.

Agreed. 

Whoever was owning OP likely would have done so with just about any gun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™ said:

otherwise it will jam

guns in apb don’t jam

3 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

And in APB semi weapons ussers can shoot as fast as full auto .. it bugs me tbh.

semi auto rifles fire slower than a majority of automatic weapons (and kill slower as well), if anything it’s unrealistic that you can’t fire semi automatic weapons as fast as you can click

In my opinion, the Oscar is one of the most balanced guns in the game as the gun rewards good aim with versatility, it is extremely strong in the right hands but has its fair counters such as the OCA in close range or just about any weapon that works past 55 meters. Give a below average player an Oscar and he will struggle to go positive in the majority of the mission he plays while a very good player would dominate in the same way he could with just about any other Meta gun in the game. There is a reason why the Oscar is rarely seen in top level play and that is simply because the gun can perform great but at the top end still struggles against a lot of the current Meta weapons, not to mention that it has a slower ttk than the average Meta guns that are being played in the ranges in which the Oscar is effective.

I personally think that people believe the Oscar is OP because the only players that really use the gun are the ones that tend to be extremely good at aiming or the game in general, those that really utilize the Oscar and the versatility it rewards for being a good player. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Personally if I could wave a magic wand and change the guns inventory classifications, I'd have Assault Rifles and Rifles changed into: Automatic Rifles, Semi Auto Rifles and Marksman Rifles.

I Just cannot understand why some carbines that shoot faster than fully automatic rifles were counting towards Markman role when you don't use Marksmanship!

Sorry for that tangent, It was always a anomaly that was a little bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Back on topic, It does beg the question of where's the OCSAR's place is meant to be in APB when it hasn't got many flaws.

The Ntec is a good all-rounder but It's range and accuracy are reasonable, With the OCSAR it just doesn't feel quite right without a balanced level of weaknesses.

For a larger rifle with a longer barrel, one would of thought it would be medium to long range but yet it still a bit too comfortable in close range with hipfiring.

All-rounder gun and one which I found (when I played) quite rewarding to use. Using it versus a fully-fledged team the weapon is an underdog tbh, you can quite easily get dominated by any decent player in their particular range. You try getting 4 bursts off before an OCA destroys you in CQC, it's very hard, with an ntec you stand a much better chance. Mid-range is its niche and it's decent at chipping away at the enemy team's health, it relies on effective use of cover to pop the first burst which can be an advantage defensively, but honestly, if they were to nerf it in any way it would be useless. It's one of the few mid-range weapons to be accurate hip-firing. It does rely on decent movement skills to use properly (due to its hipfire accuracy) and for that reason it's a different playstyle to other weapons, which can work in its favour every now and then (usually when you're already dominating the other team). If the other team is already annihilating you good luck trying to change anything with the OSCAR, best switch to your HVR.

It's balanced and people who say otherwise probably haven't used it.

Edited by Shrub
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

With the OCSAR it just doesn't feel quite right without a balanced level of weaknesses.

the weakness is the inherently long ttk and the resulting lack of real optimal range 

• Like 1

There is no point to use a carbine when the oscar exists, change my mind.

22 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

The carbine is  easier to use and always able be to purchased

36 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Just like how there's "no point" in using most other weapons in APB because the ntec exists?

I love how people are shitting on the oscar so much as if it's as cheap/easy/powerful as the OCA and ntec. At least the person stomping you with the oscar has to use their brain to do so, while ntec/OCA players can just hold down LMB to win for the most part. 

• Thanks 1

The OSCAR is decidedly one of the best guns in the game, but I'm not sure I'd say it's very OP. I'd only nerf the gun after the OCA-EW, S1-NA Manic, and ISSR-B got nerfed. Unlike those three guns, the OSCAR doesn't effectively delete entire categories of guns while requiring nearly no skill to use. After those guns were nerfed, if the OSCAR felt like it stood out a ton, I'd accept a *small* nerf to the OSCAR, but overall I think it'd be better if some other guns like the SR15 Carbine got buffs instead (and obviously the JG and CSG got a rework or reverted.)

4 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

Yeah .. seems i mixed up little bit (sorry and thanks), but still it stands clear that semi weapons have way slower fire rate compare to full-auto. And in APB semi weapons ussers can shoot as fast as full auto .. it bugs me tbh.

Semi automatic guns have the same cyclical rate as fully automatic guns: the only difference is that they don't automatically fire at their maximum fire rate. Note that many guns have a full and semi-auto variant where the only difference is essentially the trigger pack.

44 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

What about TTK and ease of use?

Oscar is a closets wet dream. I still have nightmares of having once faced off vs a blatant cheater wielding an Oscar.

That said I think it's quite the balanced gun scaling very well with the users skill. Personally never a fan of the hip-shooting on range though since it goes against the general combat of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TacticallyRed said:

The carbine is  easier to use and always able be to purchased

Thats a matter of opinion, I find the Oscar easier to use than the carbine, fair point with always being able to purchase it since without spending real money you need to be 195+ to get it without JTs

1 hour ago, claude said:

Just like how there's "no point" in using most other weapons in APB because the ntec exists? 

Correct, except we're comparing carbine and oscar, two gun which are very similar and in the same role.

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

What about TTK and ease of use?

The TTK is about .1(?) of a difference? Most people wont hit minimum TTK with semi auto weapons since they're semi-automatic, you may get close but unlikely to consistently hit it bang on. Also you're trading .1~ extra second of a TTK for a third less of effort in terms of clicking and aiming, better accuracy, better range and just an overall easier experience.

Again ease of use is subjective, I find the oscar considerably easier to use.