Sign in to follow this  
Yapopal

Refuse to complete the task

In the game I often meet people with whom it is impossible to play for various reasons. These people can play on my team or on an adversary team. They can sleep the entire mission or jump with N-TEC, like a kangaroo, making 100,500 kills per minute. I do not want to play with them, and I can not refuse to perform the task with them. I have to either wait for the end of the mission, stand still, be cannon fodder, play swearing in rage. I propose extending the “leave the mission” button so that it can be done at any time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I empathise with the OP.

Unfortunately in the past I have had multiple team mates that were not putting effort into getting kills or achieve the objective to dethreat.

Sometimes one has to ask if it is worth continuing the mission that is unfair by the rule's standards, Yet it is against the rules to stop play despite someone else is throwing your game?

14 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

So you choose to grief other players?

Considered what would an equivalent be? The first thing to come to mind from the real world is the right to use force in the case of self defence or the preservation of someone else's life when endangered.

A hostile threat that is actively being violent may get away with it, but yet the civilian rescuer could convicted of assault?

A 3 vs 3 game but 2 teammates on one side are deliberately not putting in effort despite being above rank 100 and gold. The 3rd team player is just left there taking a beating.

This is a scenario I have been in before sadly.

What I've done in the past when this occurs is give my apologies to the opposing team and declare a forfeit if in a 2 player team. If it was a 3 player team then consider the third team mate and ask if they wish to continue.

I have said it in another thread that a person that griefs can cause the dethreating of a teammate and wastes the time of both teams.

Two wrongs do not make a right but without an alternative, isn't there an argument for the reserving the right to forfeit in circumstances unfair by the standards of the game's rules?

Edited by VickyFox
grammatical error
  • Like 2

spam /cointoss to get kicked back to lobby

adding an easy way to leave missions will result in players abandoning missions as soon as they begin to lose

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

adding an easy way to leave missions will result in players abandoning missions as soon as they begin to lose

Players do it already, itd just be a lot more common.

I suggest expanding the “leave the mission” button so that it can be done at any time. You can leave the mission now by entering the lobby, but this is not correct, the RAM is filling up to 200 - 300 megabytes, you need to restart the game. Dear developers, activate this button in the mission. This will expand the player’s capabilities, avoiding situations in which the player will have to wait 15 minutes, losing. Dishonest competitors and
comrades will think about their behavior.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SHEMER said:

I suggest expanding the “leave the mission” button so that it can be done at any time. You can leave the mission now by entering the lobby, but this is not correct, the RAM is filling up to 200 - 300 megabytes, you need to restart the game. Dear developers, activate this button in the mission. This will expand the player’s capabilities, avoiding situations in which the player will have to wait 15 minutes, losing. Dishonest competitors and
comrades will think about their behavior.

A balance is needed, To leave mission when ever you want is going to make APB not a very fun or long lasting experience.

Players should have the right to leave a game if they're in circumstances which are genuinely unfair by normal game standards such as cheating, hacking or players refuses to play in either team.

This should not be an excuse to quit mission just because:

-Players want a easier opponent

-Players find their opponents too hard
-Players wanting a better team / team member

You should not throw the game just because you can't pick who your opponent or team.

14 hours ago, VickyFox said:

-Players want a easier opponent--------------->HONEST OPPONENT

-Players find their opponents too hard--------------> too toxic
-Players wanting a better team / team member   ------> not a dethreating scum.

fixed for you ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, Solamente said:

Some issues is when you get thrown into a match and cannot get a single kill on the board, and your TM's are no help or getting no kills either should one be forced to play bashing their head against a brick wall and be farmed?