MattScott

February 2019 Newsletter & Blog

Definitely looking forward to the next couple of months. 🙂

• Like 5

couple of questions

4 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Due to lack of use, we are saying good bye to the 3 Day options for weapons.

will trials be changing at all? i know several people (myself included) who think that 30 minutes isnt enough for an adequate weapon test

6 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Everything within ARMAS has been reviewed and or updated – over 2,500 items.
[...]

Bundles have been updated to reflect the standardized pricing with some seeing an increase.

10 minutes ago, MattScott said:

With the next patch we will be launching the second update to ARMAS Marketplace. This is an aggressive pass through the entire store - not just weapons. We standardized around a few simple pricing tiers within categories like vehicles, skins, clothing, etc. Additionally, weapon pricing has been lowered on average by 30%. This will make for a much more consistent and ideally enjoyable browsing experience.

are any of these reviews/updates and pricing changes related to making more bundles account bound?

also has there been any significant (and permanent) debundling? 

overall everything sounds like good news, after all these years im most excited for big content changes personally

• Like 3

Can we get pink glow in the dark skin for Valentines pls? :C

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kiida said:

Can we get pink glow in the dark skin for Valentines pls? :C

And make it so only people that win the event can get it.

3 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

And make it so only people that win the event can get it.

Guess you ain't gonna get one then huh? :^)

Cool to hear about the prices, I hope that works out well for everyone. Real talk though Matt: you need to fire whoever made that character of you.

I don't care if you made it, whoever made it needs to be fired. It looks like a dragon. Like, really, it looks more like Smaug from the Hobbit movies than it looks like you.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

Real talk though Matt: you need to fire whoever made that character of you.

I don't care if you made it, whoever made it needs to be fired. It looks like a dragon. Like, really, it looks more like Smaug from the Hobbit movies than it looks like you.

inb4 he made it himself, spent an hour on it and and you go and hurt his feelings, heh

• Like 5

in terms of content rotation for the new gamemode and the contacts, what will happen to the "old" content that's getting rotated? will it be placed somewhere else, so it's permanently ingame (joker store for example), or will said content be temporarily available untill it eventually comes back into the rotation?

also, how will leveling the contacts in this new game mode affect our ranking? will it increase the max rank, or act like event contacts?

about armas pricing: I'm sure as hell no marketing person and what I'm about to say may seem a bit extreme to some, but IMO even 25$ for a permanent weapon seems off... I'd say 10$ for a weapon is fine... there are so many weapons, so people won't stop at just one (if the price isn't too high). people need a constant supply of premium to level up and earn proper money anyway. 25$ is something you'd pay for a DLC, which has a lot more content than just 1 single weapon. so I'd say 25$ is something you'd charge for a pack with a car+bodykit, some clothes and a weapon in it.
maybe this can change in the future when content creation is a lot more streamlined and in focus, than the current work on the engine update and whatnot, because I don't plan on smashing another 1200€ into APB in the future LUL

anyway, great to hear some more news - it's heading in the right direction! 👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Real talk though Matt: you need to fire whoever made that character of you.

... sarcasm? 

24 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

~snip~

$20-25 or whatever it ends up being is fine. I personally don't want weapons to be cheap as dirt, just consistent.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

... sarcasm? 

No, I actually want someone to lose their livelihood simply because they didn't spend enough time to make a character look like Matt.

Sidenote: who was it that made a really good Matt Scott character in APB seconds after LO announced they bought APB?

18 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

... sarcasm? 

Na, for real. The eyes seriously give me that vibe too.

13 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Sidenote: who was it that made a really good Matt Scott character in APB seconds after LO announced they bought APB?

I think it was Ketog? Though I am probably wrong. Whoever it was made it perfect within like an hour from two blurry pictures.

Okay, serious question though. @MattScott , was buying APB your midlife crisis after having a mental break down of making so many licensed games? Also what ethnicity are you?

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

4 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

No, I actually want someone to lose their livelihood simply because they didn't spend enough time to make a character look like Matt.

That's pretty hardcore. 

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Na, for real. The eyes seriously give me that vibe too.

Aren't Smaug's eyes orange?

I'll be honest I haven't see that movie since it came out. 

#shouldhavehiredlittlepeople

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Aren't Smaug's eyes orange?

I'll be honest I haven't see that movie since it came out. 

#shouldhavehiredlittlepeople

They kinda' go between orange and yellow judging by google images. Matt's eyes IRL are more of a blue-grey as far as I can tell IRL.

But that's enough of that. Starting to get a little too creepy for the forums.

What criteria did you use to choose the first featured video? Very curious

Just now, Nevv said:

Obviously the criteria was it had to be in Standard definition.

34 minutes ago, Nevv said:

Besides that, the newsletter was great and the constant feed of information much appreciated.

• Like 1

so i guess it is cannon now that matt is a witcher 

this anime is getting serious

good update tho, making it really appealing to spend my valentines kissing my wallet good bye

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Oh damn. AsgerLund has a contender for sexiest APB character. 

@AsgerLund Someone just spoke heresy about you.

Anyone hyped for performance tests on 64 bit?  If performance improves by even a little bit for me im comming back to this game 

• Like 3

If Little Orbit is thinking of releasing the new game mode before EU3.5 then I'm sorry to say that will be a mistake.

Not only will it give people first impressions based on the old engine (with Jericho being DDoSed and Citidel harassed by speed hacks) but the Engine Upgrade may throw up some glitches and bugs for the new game mode when it is released.

It takes as little as 7 seconds to form first impressions and they can last a life time, One would of thought these potentially vastly sub par experience is not what Little Orbit would want for people who come to return or joining APB for the first time.

• Like 2

Pretty happy to see essentially all concerns I raised in a thread ( *cough* ) addressed.

January was a somewhat slow month with the promotional car being the only real piece of content, together with the news about the engine update being a tough bone to pick I was worried we'd fall for the good old G1 switcheroo.

I'm glad you guys recognized exactly that, and I'm glad for everyone that I got proven wrong

Cheers matt ❤️