MattScott

February 2019 Newsletter & Blog

5 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Sidenote: who was it that made a really good Matt Scott character in APB seconds after LO announced they bought APB?

@heysie...?

I am glad that the prices on ARMAS are finally being sorted out. Also paying real money for limited time duration weapons is just a waste and should've just been removed entirely from the store. But it's a step in the right direction at the least.

4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

looking_for_love.jpg

Oh damn. AsgerLund has a contender for sexiest APB character. 

3 hours ago, Kewlin said:

@AsgerLund Someone just spoke heresy about you.

I’m assembling my faux legal team as I’m typing this.

However, to assert dominance, I’m going to repost these:

QCzLF6s.gif

CruHSIk.png

Nice try though, @MattScott

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kewlin said:

@AsgerLund Someone just spoke heresy about you.

what makes you think that it isn't him in flesh

super fashion models have the ability to superposition themselves and even be their own adversaries

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Guess you ain't gonna get one then huh? :^)

MFW that's not the case here

oX2zWx1.png

775RCMV.png

Now Behave.

Beautiful things coming in the next couple months, i do really appreciate what you guys doing for this game. :classic_sad:

Didn't tought someone could bring APB back to life honestly. 🙆‍♂️

3 hours ago, Szambi said:

@heysie...?

MartinPL

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/170594-character-customisation-showcase/?p=4523156

20180511154104_1.jpg

https://uploads.forums-old.gamersfirst.com/user/564699-martinpl/

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:

I’m assembling my faux legal team as I’m typing this.

However, to assert dominance, I’m going to repost these:

QCzLF6s.gif

CruHSIk.png

Nice try though, @MattScott

VL0tEXt.jpg

looking_for_love.jpg

Compare (1st is askperlung)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I've just posted the newsletter here.

And my February Blog on "Listening to the Community" is here:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/2/8/listening-to-the-community

Thanks,

Matt

3 hours ago, Glubbable said:

I am glad that the prices on ARMAS are finally being sorted out. Also paying real money for limited time duration weapons is just a waste and should've just been removed entirely from the store. But it's a step in the right direction at the least.

Has the prices been changed yet tho? ...  STAC III, 2800 g1c, 2250 as member? ...
That's like... 25-30$++ dollars for one gun? i guess the prices isn't changed yet or..? cuz, it's been a couple of times now i read that there's been "significant price reductions", but i'm just honestly not seeing it, maybe i'm blind. 😮 Still seems like you're supposed to pay almost the cost of a tripple A title, for a single perma gun in this game 😛 

Oh boy, I can't wait for some actual new content that isn't paid items or events. I really want to rank up some contacts again!

I do hope that APB will become popular again one day..

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

Has the prices been changed yet tho? ...  STAC III, 2800 g1c, 2250 as member? ...
That's like... 25-30$++ dollars for one gun? i guess the prices isn't changed yet or..? cuz, it's been a couple of times now i read that there's been "significant price reductions", but i'm just honestly not seeing it, maybe i'm blind. 😮 Still seems like you're supposed to pay almost the cost of a tripple A title, for a single perma gun in this game 😛 

Nope, post literally says it will roll out when the Armas Marketplace turns into the Amorous Marketplace

40 minutes ago, UnawarePolarBear said:

Nope, post literally says it will roll out when the Armas Marketplace turns into the Amorous Marketplace

ok fair, lets see then... tho "up to" 30% of those numbers, won't really be that significant i feel, but lets see.
(i just read the part where it said starting early February.... i guess early feb is 14th valentine;P for me thats midway into the month so i thought the price adjustments had arrived sooner aka early) 😜 

13 hours ago, Kiida said:

Can we get pink glow in the dark skin for Valentines pls? :C

ur furry side is showing Kiida 😛

Just now, Akito said:

ur furry side is showing Kiida 😛

Nope, just my gay side ;D

Just now, Kiida said:

Nope, just my gay side ;D

Oh My

giphy.gif

I'm beyond excited to see the new pricing model in Armas. For far too long items such as clothing were priced on an almost arbitrary basis with no consistency. Here's hoping the prices for them go down on average.

You say you've removed the 3 day trials, but how about removing some of the weapon packs currently on Armas? I can't believe for a second people are purchasing packs such as Forces of Nature or Valhalla's chosen in any great numbers. I'm not even sure about other packs such as this sniper pack. It's clear G1 just took two weapons from each category, and chose a close and long range sidearm to go with them. There's so much potential for packs, such as including unique skins or pairing say the N-tec with the N-SSW for example. Maybe even do packs based on certain in game weapon manufacturers like Nekrova or Obeya?

Edited by Lord Cashpoint
  • Like 2

Lots to unpack from the comments/questions. I'll do my best to try and answer.

15 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

will trials be changing at all? i know several people (myself included) who think that 30 minutes isnt enough for an adequate weapon test

I don't believe we have messed with Weapon Trial periods yet. But that is on the roadmap. It's also worth noting that some of the changes to ARMAS were based on simplifying pricing and information for new players. 

15 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

are any of these reviews/updates and pricing changes related to making more bundles account bound?

also has there been any significant (and permanent) debundling? 

We're evaluating those options, but we wanted to take baby steps first. This re-pricing effort is a bit extreme, and it affected nearly everything in the store.

9 hours ago, VickyFox said:

If Little Orbit is thinking of releasing the new game mode before EU3.5 then I'm sorry to say that will be a mistake.

I'm not going to disagree. But it's difficult to gauge when 3.5 will be stable enough to rollout. So right now RIOT is disconnected from 3.5 simply so that we have the option of turning it on. If the timelines work, then it's relatively easy to port RIOT into 3.5 and launch them together.

9 hours ago, Nitronik said:

Pretty happy to see essentially all concerns I raised in a thread ( *cough* ) addressed. January was a somewhat slow month with the promotional car being the only real piece of content, together with the news about the engine update being a tough bone to pick I was worried we'd fall for the good old G1 switcheroo. I'm glad you guys recognized exactly that, and I'm glad for everyone that I got proven wrong

I appreciate the kudos. I've been leading companies and actively developing software for more than 20 years, but building transparency week after week on a project this size is one of the most challenging things I have ever done. There are days where I spend all my time answering players and writing/editing blogs, posts, newsletters, tweets, or other communications to try and share where we are at. And then there are other days where I have to ignore everything because I have other more pressing matters. There are too many moving parts to always have a solid timeline that we can hit. We had intended to do the ARMAS update in January, but the scope of it took much longer than we intended. So our only choice was to just keep plugging along and have a quiet month. Given the history here, your fears are totally valid. While I'm proud of our progress, Little Orbit still hasn't delivered on anything game changing enough yet. We'll get there.

5 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Has the prices been changed yet tho?

Prices will change when we launch the AMOROUS store.

And now the more important answers:

15 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Real talk though Matt: you need to fire whoever made that character of you.

I don't care if you made it, whoever made it needs to be fired. It looks like a dragon. Like, really, it looks more like Smaug from the Hobbit movies than it looks like you.

I guess I should put my resignation in now.... 

(I don't honestly know who made the character.)

MartinPL's version is really good! Perhaps we should have the community help us generate a nicer looking avatar.

14 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Okay, serious question though. @MattScott , was buying APB your midlife crisis after having a mental break down of making so many licensed games? Also what ethnicity are you?

This is probably a good post for an entirely different thread. 

I haven't done the 23andme.com test, but as far as I understand it, I am Scottish, Irish, Dutch, Welsh, German, and a tiny amount Native American.

13 hours ago, Nevv said:

What criteria did you use to choose the first featured video? Very curious

There is no criteria. Players send us stuff they made, and so far we have been able to post most of them.

11 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Oh damn. AsgerLund has a contender for sexiest APB character. 

Little Orbit definitely lost productivity in the office during the "Cupid Challenge" to make the avatars that GMs will be running around as during the event. We'll be paying royalties to AsgerLund in the form of Valentine's Day heart candies.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Ive got to be honest here, A complete rewash of the same valentines event with no new pink weapons doesn't spark any desire to play the event. Its been 7yrs since this was 1st used and its been the same rewards with the same guns since. Ive done this so many times already I eve have duplicates of some of the pink guns in my inv. You guys really needed to make new pink guns avail for this event like for example the PDW-57 "Dagger", ATAC 424 and the ISS-b "Dog Ear". Having a new selection would have added a new element to a valentines event that hasnt seen a change and went stale 5yrs ago and have offered vets something new to purchase. After 7yrs anyone who has the pink guns bought them many yrs ago and theres no reason to rebuy if you have it already. Heres the full lisst of weapons potentially turned pink for this yr that would have has purchases and made the event abit more interesting.

PDW-57 "Dagger"

ATAC 424

ISS-b "Dog Ear"

JG-1140

AMG-556

And for unlocks for playing the event
FFA

VBR

Showstopper

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I guess I should put my resignation in now.... 

(I don't honestly know who made the character.)

AT LAST! I HAVE FINALLY TAKEN DOWN LITTLE ORBIT!

MWAHAHAH!

19 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We're evaluating those options, but we wanted to take baby steps first. This re-pricing effort is a bit extreme, and it affected nearly everything in the store.

Hey, glad you're at least considering making more of the packs account bound. I know a lot of people didn't like them, but the Revelations and Juggernaut passes were some of my favorite ARMAS content simply for the fact that they gave so much stuff account bound, even if a lot of people thought they were super expensive (which is funny, because they really aren't expensive.)

3 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Ive got to be honest here, A complete rewash of the same valentines event with no new pink weapons doesn't spark any desire to play the event. Its been 7yrs since this was 1st used and its been the same rewards with the same guns since. Ive done this so many times already I eve have duplicates of some of the pink guns in my inv. You guys really needed to make new pink guns avail for this event like for example the PDW-57 "Dagger", ATAC 424 and the ISS-b "Dog Ear". Having a new selection would have added a new element to a valentines event that hasnt seen a change and went stale 5yrs ago and have offered vets something new to purchase. After 7yrs anyone who has the pink guns bought them many yrs ago and theres no reason to rebuy if you have it already. Heres the full lisst of weapons potentially turned pink for this yr that would have has purchases and made the event abit more interesting.

PDW-57 "Dagger"

ATAC 424

ISS-b "Dog Ear"

JG-1140

AMG-556

And for unlocks for playing the event
FFA

VBR

Showstopper

Honestly bro, give them a little slack.

Edited by Kewlin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Honestly bro, give them a little slack.

I am lol. Im not saying make a whole new event just to put in some new pink weapons and unlocks to freshen it up abit for this yr. LO has made all new events for the last few so going off that why cant they at least freshen this one up?

51 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I am lol. Im not saying make a whole new event just to put in some new pink weapons and unlocks to freshen it up abit for this yr. LO has made all new events for the last few so going off that why cant they at least freshen this one up?

I can appreciate your sentiment. We're just buried and all of our focus is on 3.5.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I can appreciate your sentiment. We're just buried and all of our focus is on 3.5.

Well hopefully 3.5 is a new chapter in APB. As playing since 2011 the current chapter has dragged on way too long