4 minutes ago, Drovalin said:

@MrsHappyPenguin how is disabling useless windows services,that track and send data and using resources on pc bloatware? make some research on that program and then call it snake oil,please.

My research lead me to sticking to Windows 7 as long as drivers still exist, or worst case use LTSB/LTSC since it's the least bloated version of 10. Any other version of 10 you're under MS's mercy with it reinstalling the bloat every single update.

Besides, APB itself stutters due to it's own memory leaks and laggy garbage collection system. The only way around that is to disable it which leads to out of memory errors after long playing sessions.

32 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Besides, APB itself stutters due to it's own memory leaks and laggy garbage collection system. The only way around that is to disable it which leads to out of memory errors after long playing sessions.

if extending the time before garbage collection makes the stutters worse shouldn’t decreasing the intervals make the stutters less noticeable?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

if extending the time before garbage collection makes the stutters worse shouldn’t decreasing the intervals make the stutters less noticeable?

It's a balancing setting. Default it's set to 60s. Lowering it reduces the length of the stutter but it happens more often, increasing it causes longer stutters but less often. At some point it has negative effects on both ends. 60 to 120 is what I would recommend. Any higher and you run into out of memory errors.

Also, there's a max memory limit you can set. By default it's 9.9GB. Setting it lower than 4 will help prevent out of memory errors, but it will cause the game to freeze for 5-10s when the limit is reached. There's some other memory settings but idk if APB uses them or not.

2 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

It's a balancing setting. Default it's set to 60s. Lowering it reduces the length of the stutter but it happens more often, increasing it causes longer stutters but less often. At some point it has negative effects on both ends. 60 to 120 is what I would recommend. Any higher and you run into out of memory errors.

Also, there's a max memory limit you can set. By default it's 9.9GB. Setting it lower than 4 will help prevent out of memory errors, but it will cause the game to freeze for 5-10s when the limit is reached. There's some other memory settings but idk if APB uses them or not.

ah thanks for the explanation

i was assuming if you set the interval to like 1s you would have constant stutters but they would be reduced to like 3 or 4 frames

oh well guess theres always the engine upgrade hope

13 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

ah thanks for the explanation

i was assuming if you set the interval to like 1s you would have constant stutters but they would be reduced to like 3 or 4 frames

oh well guess theres always the engine upgrade hope

Setting it 1s just means you stutter all the time. Not fun in a full district.