Dragclan

Toxic Teamates

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

toxic  players mouthing off isnt as bad as it used to be thankfully

also get less people team killing aside from dethreters

salty yeah some are bad at it still but toxic theres not as many as there used to be

Little Orbits changes have been noticeable to help on that

Well yeah, there's not as many of anything now that pop is so low. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Well yeah, there's not as many of anything now that pop is so low. 

remember last year  before Little Orbit? people would rage to the point youd think theyd get a hart attack with how toxic they were

only seen it once in a blue moon now of that level of toxicity

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

remember last year  before Little Orbit? people would rage to the point youd think theyd get a hart attack with how toxic they were

only seen it once in a blue moon now of that level of toxicity

Silver district hasn't changed one bit as far as toxicity. 

Only real difference is there's fewer golds than ever before. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Silver district hasn't changed one bit as far as toxicity. 

Only real difference is there's fewer golds than ever before. 

really? it seems more tame to me since im silver and got more flak from people.

maybe its just different perspective points then? iono

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

really? it seems more tame to me since im silver and got more flak from people.

maybe its just different perspective points then? iono

Sometimes I get so distracted by the hate being spewed between players I have to turn chat off. 

Those kids are mean to each other. 

8 hours ago, Dragclan said:

I'm not great at the game, though i try to support my team out and switch weapons when needed (Like close range using the Oca, or longer mid i use Obir or AF-97) Along with supplying ammo on defense missions and offering heals with the medispray. But of course if im not getting a ton of kills, i get tked and called trash. I don't see a point of trying to assist my team with kills when they are fucking me over because of how i preform. I feel as if there should be something to deter this, because the current system to handle stuff like that is non existent.

I'm not offering any to say there should be changes but im not sure what else to do during those missions.

APB's poor matchmaking system is not really the players fault. However, If players feel they're losing because they believe someone like you is holding them back from winning, not much can stop them from being vocal about it, whether it be positive or negative. When it comes to griefing/tking, I don't really know how else you could penalize players further than the current demerit system we have now. 

Also, I wouldn't count on the whole "I'm a support player" thing. If I was 85'd and you ran up to me and medsprayed, I'd probably be annoyed too, especially in a clotting agent meta where medspray doesn't do anything. Most people run field supplier or ammo boxes, you really don't have to worry about your teammates ammo/nade supply. If you're dying in team fights on a 3v3 mission, and you're focusing on "support" while lacking heavily in kills and actually doing objectives, your other 2 teammates would constantly be outnumbered, and will more than likely lose every fight.

If you aren't good at shooting in a somewhat team-based shooter, you should expect other players to become frustrated with you, especially when you focus on unimportant things like resupplying and healing your teammates when they are 100% capable of doing it themselves. 

8 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

sentence

AWOOOOOOOOOOO

seduce them and compliment their fine teamkilling skills

then proceed to track down their houses and siege their biscuit storage facility...

truth be told, there is nothing you can do, just like in any encounter with people, in flesh and blood, when someone is being an ass, you punch them back and likely say pretty mean things about their mothers and details during their infancy. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, claude said:

APB's poor matchmaking system is not really the players fault. However, If players feel they're losing because they believe someone like you is holding them back from winning, not much can stop them from being vocal about it, whether it be positive or negative. When it comes to griefing/tking, I don't really know how else you could penalize players further than the current demerit system we have now. 

Also, I wouldn't count on the whole "I'm a support player" thing. If I was 85'd and you ran up to me and medsprayed, I'd probably be annoyed too, especially in a clotting agent meta where medspray doesn't do anything. Most people run field supplier or ammo boxes, you really don't have to worry about your teammates ammo/nade supply. If you're dying in team fights on a 3v3 mission, and you're focusing on "support" while lacking heavily in kills and actually doing objectives, your other 2 teammates would constantly be outnumbered, and will more than likely lose every fight.

If you aren't good at shooting in a somewhat team-based shooter, you should expect other players to become frustrated with you, especially when you focus on unimportant things like resupplying and healing your teammates when they are 100% capable of doing it themselves. 

I think you miss understand when i say "Support" As in i'm trying to kill and hold objectives, not going out of my way and chasing down people half across the city (You know damn well people in teams do that, they do for me at-least) while trying to assist in gunfights. Offering medispray if we are stuck in a small room and under fire, or we just got hit by a nade, is useful. I'm not amazing at the game, but i know what i'm doing in most situations.

Even if people do kill me i still try to focus on the mission and assist them in the whole not dying thing. My problem is if they are clearly out skilled, along with myself and turn to other players since they cant possibly put the blame on themselves because they are so perfect and pro, rather take their frustrations out on their team, is where i annoyed. So support doesn't really just mean offering ammo and such, i'm just not actively chasing people down and jeopardizing an objective.

2 minutes ago, Dragclan said:

I think you miss understand when i say "Support" As in i'm trying to kill and hold objectives, not going out of my way and chasing down people half across the city (You know damn well people in teams do that, they do for me at-least) while trying to assist in gunfights. Offering medispray if we are stuck in a small room and under fire, or we just got hit by a nade, is useful. I'm not amazing at the game, but i know what i'm doing in most situations.

Even if people do kill me i still try to focus on the mission and assist them in the whole not dying thing. My problem is if they are clearly out skilled, along with myself and turn to other players since they cant possibly put the blame on themselves because they are so perfect and pro, rather take their frustrations out on their team, is where i annoyed. So support doesn't really just mean offering ammo and such, i'm just not actively chasing people down and jeopardizing an objective.

stop being toxic

14 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

how does it differentiate between intentional and accidental team damage?

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Grief

TL;DR it fucking doesn't (shh! don't tell anybody,  but that's why it works 95% of the times) (the other 5% are innocent, bright souls hopping onto the forums to spill out their feelings) 

But truly you need half a brain to manage to land shots on allies on a completely open field. Or really shitty luck throwing explosives. 

In APB it should use kills and collect player data for a while (more teamkills on an account history = way faster weapon+vehicle lock / k block), that is because APB lacks open areas and missions are on a tiny scale compared to Planetside, one soldier less means nothing in that game if there's another 59 in the team. 

AND it should be implemented silently (ergo, not stated on patch notes) so we can laugh at people getting weapon locked and coming to the forums to complain. Pretty please. 

Edited by _chain

1 hour ago, _chain said:

[...]

In APB it should use kills and collect player data for a while (more teamkills on an account history = way faster weapon+vehicle lock / k block), that is because APB lacks open areas and missions are on a tiny scale compared to Planetside, one soldier less means nothing in that game if there's another 59 in the team. 

AND it should be implemented silently (ergo, not stated on patch notes) so we can laugh at people getting weapon locked and coming to the forums to complain. Pretty please. 

Poor premade souls that have killed each other hundreds of times even after TK restrictions not to mention the amount prior.

All these systems trying to make a game infant save ruin it more than they do good.

Remove unrestricted kicking option? Oh guess you gotta watch that blatant cheater in your team ruin missions.

That Teamkiller has a demerit for TK? Great you can actually use that restricted kicking option now.

Nah, let's cry and fuzzy bunny some more for handholding spoonfeeding mechanics.

People will always find ways to abuse available mechanics to grief in a pvp game. Even solutions for problems will be somehow misused.

It's a pvp team game - time to group up.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

4 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

It's a pvp team game - time to group up.

About time it is. 

Easier solution: block team damage. 

Now point out the downsides to that also

Just now, _chain said:

About time it is. 

Easier solution: block team damage. 

Now point out the downsides to that also

Taking away the skill to care for teamdamage?

Great you found another way to dumb down a game and make it infant save.

11 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Taking away the skill to care for teamdamage?

Great you found another way to dumb down a game and make it infant save.

So just leave it as-is would be your genius solution? There's still going to be another rough half of the population having to deal with tking. Yeah, just leave that half completely unattended. 

Hear me out, it might sound crazy, but: actually trying to make changes for the better MIGHT move the game forward a tiny step. Not sure though, we'll have to try.

Now about 'accidental' tk: need trigger discipline? Play cs. You'll learn the hard way. 

Edited by _chain

14 hours ago, Dragclan said:

I'm not great at the game, though i try to support my team out and switch weapons when needed (Like close range using the Oca, or longer mid i use Obir or AF-97) Along with supplying ammo on defense missions and offering heals with the medispray. But of course if im not getting a ton of kills, i get tked and called trash. I don't see a point of trying to assist my team with kills when they are fucking me over because of how i preform. I feel as if there should be something to deter this, because the current system to handle stuff like that is non existent.

I'm not offering any to say there should be changes but im not sure what else to do during those missions.

Tell them that they should be able to carry whole team not only you if they're really that great at the game.

Cryers are mostly noobs that would welcome a shawcopter in their team just to get that ggez

7 minutes ago, _chain said:

So just leave it as-is would be your genius solution? There's still going to be another rough half of the population having to deal with tking. Yeah, just leave that half completely unattended. 

Hear me out, it might sound crazy, but: actually trying to make changes for the better MIGHT move the game forward a tiny step. Not sure though, we'll have to try.

Now about 'accidental' tk: need trigger discipline? Play cs. You'll learn the hard way. 

So in your words you prefer to spoonfeed the lazy half that doesn't do anything by themselves to solve their issues and punish the other half that found a solution by simply grouping up in a team based pvp game?

I'm all for finding smart solutions that may aid in making the life for griefers more difficult but radical solutions will never be the all ending peace that you make it out to be.

Griefers will always find wholes to abuse the systems in place.

Coincidentally I do play CS in a team. Guess why? I got tired of randoms that would ruin games so again I did sth. against it and found my own solution.

Playing league in a controlled environment - so much fun. Maybe learn the hard way yourself - it's called being active yourself.

8 hours ago, claude said:

APB's poor matchmaking system is not really the players fault.

It actually is if break it down mathematically it actually is. If the game is broken down into experienced and non experienced, 50/50 The Experienced players know how to abandonmission and to group up. Not only that but they know how to avoid groups of in-experienced players. This means that, the 50% of experienced players will group together.  You have the other 50% which do what the computer tells them to do. They get grouped together, they then get rolled over, they quit and go and play fortnite. The game slowly bleeds out, which it has been doing.

The only way to fix this is to have servers dedicated to clans, and clan competition. With the other servers purely computer match making. But experienced players dont want this as they want to be able to roll over other players and they would wine wine wine on how the game is ruined, if it were implemented.

Edited by Y2Venom

3 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

So in your words you prefer to spoonfeed the lazy half that doesn't do anything by themselves to solve their issues and punish the other half that found a solution by simply grouping up in a team based pvp game?

I'm all for finding smart solutions that may aid in making the life for griefers more difficult but radical solutions will never be the all ending peace that you make it out to be.

Griefers will always find wholes to abuse the systems in place.

Coincidentally I do play CS in a team. Guess why? I got tired of randoms that would ruin games so again I did sth. against it and found my own solution.

Playing league in a controlled environment - so much fun. Maybe learn the hard way yourself - it's called being active yourself.

So, got any suggestions? You already know that I'm all about aggresive measures. My logic behind this is that it doesn't matter that 20 innocent players get cuck'd if another 100 trolls get what they ask for. Plus you can't really go wrong with weapon and vehicle locking, so that would be a pretty safe start, awarding short locks after 3-4 tks (but if you get more than TKs per match you're probably not even trying to avoid those) 

Though, aggresuve measures would actually work if we had a giant playerbase and people to spare, but it's not the case nor it won't be for a good while. 

But we can't just give small warnings, a tap on the shoulder and a mean look either. That seriously does nothing. 

And, no, i don't want to spoonfeed anyone here. Why do you tk in a premade though? Just curious. 

A quick solution while also having aggresive measures would be only activating those in non-premade groups. TKs in premades wouldn't trigger the bot, simple as that. Also keeping a record on heavy de-threating or previous TKs and reports would help.

This still isn't spoonfeeding. 

21 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

Yellow veterans mess with newbies. I can't recall ever seeing a veteran that's also a good player abuse anyone like that. They might type once in chat if they had some bad games, but even that is rare. Please don't lump all vets together ty.

Im in the same boat with you. Its as they say "one bad apple spoils the bunch". Just too many toxic vets around so the group has the title

20 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

It does come from the Vets and their unwillingness to take new players under their wing. But that unwillingness stems from some of them being closets and the group almost being like a mafia protecting the rule breakers.  Games then are Experience players on teamspeak Vs Players Un-grouped. They will happily slaughter those players over and over again, until they quit and dont give a dam about the community population.  Add in the hackers and the dethreaters, the Russians who dont like you because you are not Russian and you have a big mess. But i do have faith in LO changing this. Something i didnt have with G1

Yup and they still protect said cheaters even now. Some things u cant change like the groped players on voice vs ungrouped but things like dethreating, and griefing you can if ppl start rebelling against them. They can either change or leave the game as those kinds of ppl arent welcome.

Edited by Darkzero3802

I hate when teammates tk others for finishing a point without opposition. They're just new players that don't know to wait. 

I am no new player but I hate waiting. If everybody waits, nobody will get opposed and it's too boring.

So if I bump in a team that prefers to wait, I abandon mission.

Edited by Saxtus

2 hours ago, Cheeseburger! said:

I hate when teammates tk others for finishing a point without opposition. They're just new players that don't know to wait. 

It always goes a little like this .....

You get to the Break in Point, you get it to 95% .

/T

Team : Wait for cops please

You see him getting closer.

Team : Wait for cops please

He is getting closer and he is on a mission.

/Whisper NewGuy  Wait for cops please

He is getting closer again.

He reaches the point.

He stops looks at all of us .

There is an awkward stare down.

He then steps into the 1 foot space between you and the window and starts to break in.

You give him a warning shot.

He unleashes all hell on you. Grenades and every bullet he has got 🙂

• Like 1

people still wait on unopposed objectives?

thats so 2012 lol

well guess we need to wait for S1G to get a good boost in game popularity when enjin comes out. otherwise just play with some people who u can trust. and try to log in when they can.