Dragclan

Toxic Teamates

I'm not great at the game, though i try to support my team out and switch weapons when needed (Like close range using the Oca, or longer mid i use Obir or AF-97) Along with supplying ammo on defense missions and offering heals with the medispray. But of course if im not getting a ton of kills, i get tked and called trash. I don't see a point of trying to assist my team with kills when they are fucking me over because of how i preform. I feel as if there should be something to deter this, because the current system to handle stuff like that is non existent.

I'm not offering any to say there should be changes but im not sure what else to do during those missions.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Dragclan said:

I'm not great at the game, though i try to support my team out and switch weapons when needed (Like close range using the Oca, or longer mid i use Obir or AF-97) Along with supplying ammo on defense missions and offering heals with the medispray. But of course if im not getting a ton of kills, i get tked and called trash. I don't see a point of trying to assist my team with kills when they are fucking me over because of how i preform. I feel as if there should be something to deter this, because the current system to handle stuff like that is non existent.

I'm not offering any to say there should be changes but im not sure what else to do during those missions.

Yeah all you can do at the moment is report... and wait.

Even then, I have no idea what LO does as far as punishment.

• Thanks 1

Sadly this community is all toxic as it stems from the vets and how little backbone players have around here. What happened to you, griefing, hacking, cheating. W/e it takes for these ppl to feed good about themselves instead of working together for a fun game and enjoyment all around. One of the reasons why the game is so dead.

• Like 2

No matter how well you play, the same type of person will kick or harass you because they like having the ability and power to do so.

Just ignore these people.

Hell, I've been kicked from a team even when my kill count is double what the next person is.  The latest was when I was killing people after I arrested them (so they spawn faster since I was farming arrests).  My team was winning, I was leading in points and didn't die yet but the team leader kicked me because I was "stealing his kills".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, illgot said:

No matter how well you play, the same type of person will kick or harass you because they like having the ability and power to do so.

Just ignore these people.

Hell, I've been kicked from a team even when my kill count is double what the next person is.  The latest was when I was killing people after I arrested them (so they spawn faster since I was farming arrests).  My team was winning, I was leading in points and didn't die yet but the team leader kicked me because I was "stealing his kills".

I can relate to assisting in a gunfight and being team killed over and over for "killstealing" When there was no chance a mediocre guy with an HVR against someone with an OCA would win without back up.

23 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Sadly this community is all toxic as it stems from the vets and how little backbone players have around here. What happened to you, griefing, hacking, cheating. W/e it takes for these ppl to feed good about themselves instead of working together for a fun game and enjoyment all around. One of the reasons why the game is so dead.

I just don't get it, its like everyone wants to get Everyone down, there is no team cohesion in open districts and there is only aggression towards team mates. Even i have witnessed 255 gold players team kill new bronze and silvers because "yall trash"

52 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yellow veterans mess with newbies. I can't recall ever seeing a veteran that's also a good player abuse anyone like that. They might type once in chat if they had some bad games, but even that is rare. Please don't lump all vets together ty.

• Like 2

That's APB for you. Angry little children or worse -  man children.

There's really nothing you can do indeed.But I've heard broadcasting bans was causing toxicity.  Alas I see no difference, this game is still a toxic s.it hole. But hey, now we can't hold the company "accountable".

APB is really the most toxic game I've ever played. ANd I've played almost everything that's available in the west.

Edited by Sayori
fucking drunk

have you tried whispering 

"hey you're a great person and i hope you excel in life."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

have you tried whispering 

"hey you're a great person and i hope you excel in life."

Word

3 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Word

sentence

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VanilleKeks said:

Yellow veterans mess with newbies. I can't recall ever seeing a veteran that's also a good player abuse anyone like that. They might type once in chat if they had some bad games, but even that is rare. Please don't lump all vets together ty.

seconded

• Like 1

Man some perma chat mutes and turning off weapon damage/vehicle acceleration (or both!) would do WONDERS.

A bunch of games do this and for some reason it just works. Planetside cucks you hard if you decide to go rambo at your teammates, the system gifts weapon locks for short periods of time that quickly increase, turning into a normal ban after a bunch of weapon locks. 

I had a few months of...  moderating chat in a minecraft server (as funny as that may sound). Dropping temp mutes on toxic players was well received by the server. Some of my victims even started to behave! (at least the hour I was daily logged in) 

We'll just have to wait and see what they want to do with the toxicity.

but that first paragraph should be taken into serious consideration my dudes @MattScott

Edited by _chain
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

It does come from the Vets and their unwillingness to take new players under their wing. But that unwillingness stems from some of them being closets and the group almost being like a mafia protecting the rule breakers.  Games then are Experience players on teamspeak Vs Players Un-grouped. They will happily slaughter those players over and over again, until they quit and dont give a dam about the community population.  Add in the hackers and the dethreaters, the Russians who dont like you because you are not Russian and you have a big mess. But i do have faith in LO changing this. Something i didnt have with G1

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

not true or cookie would be toxic towards me 😢

2 hours ago, Dragclan said:

What server are you on?

Some of us on Jericho hunt down and kill people who do that.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

What server are you on?

Jericho yeah. Hah, i wish that was effective. In all  honesty i dont think they care

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

What server are you on?

In-game, I hope!!!

I had a gold recently drive in front of me intentionally blocking me from killing ops so i wound up killing  him for it as i was trying to kill ops

he got mad and cried about it to have me kicked for it lol

2 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

In-game, I hope!!!

if i was a nutjob who was going to do that in real life i wouldnt announce it rofl

then again crazy people announce they want to eat paint or do weird dangerous "challenges" now a days so *shrugs*

People who is toxic will be always toxic doesnt matter rank ,skill or threat.For my experience i have seen toxic in bronze and silver districts ,still fake golds are the worse by far they concetrate all the bad behaviour.

Just ignore this players and dont let them ruin your fun.

4 hours ago, Dragclan said:

Toxic players is something you can't run from, It's a human condition, you'll find them on any game, anywhere.

6 hours ago, Dragclan said:

im not getting a ton of kills, i get tked and called trash.

Any player who thinks KD is worth a damn is the real trash. KD is easy. PTFO is hard.

Heck I'm going add that supporting PTFO is even harder! Not only do you nerf your own rewards but you're tasked with defending the one who is trying to Ram that Raid, Carry that Barrel, or Defend that VIP, trying to grab the attention of 2-6 enemies while they all should be focused on that one PTFOing sob is a damn hard job and should be worthy of more praise of the highest praise; 

"Thank you for your service." o7

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Even then, I have no idea what LO does as far as punishment.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, _chain said:

A bunch of games do this and for some reason it just works. Planetside cucks you hard if you decide to go rambo at your teammates, the system gifts weapon locks for short periods of time that quickly increase, turning into a normal ban after a bunch of weapon locks. 

How does this work? And how does it differentiate between intentional and accidental team damage? 

But I support the idea of giving toxic players a debuff of sorts, although back in the day being bronze/green was considered bad and now we've got people dedicated to being max ranked bronzes, so it wouldn't surprise me if some players would be more than happy to crawl around with movement/weapon/vehicle locks and still keep griefing. 

Maybe a timeout of being able to press K? Or if they gain too many debuffs they're simply kicked from the server, having to reload the districts and even miss your place in a full district is probably more than enough punishment for most casually toxic players.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Thanks 1

Try to find a nice clan so you can have people that care around you.

toxic  players mouthing off isnt as bad as it used to be thankfully

also get less people team killing aside from dethreters

salty yeah some are bad at it still but toxic theres not as many as there used to be

Little Orbits changes have been noticeable to help on that